YAGE Marina Restaurant

MiamiVice85

Hello, does anybody know if the "Yaze Marina Restaurant" still exists ? I'have found it in our glossary, but the pictures there are from 2008. After a search on google, there is now a restaurant called " Rusty Pelican"....Does anybody know more... Maybe there are two restaurants in one building...?

as far as I know, they simply have changed the name of the restaurant in the marina several times ever since VICE shot there - no second restaurant. You have to bear in mind that 25 years have elapsed. The last name of the Marina restaurant I know is Rusty Pelican, so this may be the current one. But our Miami locals should know more.

as far as I know' date=' they simply have changed the name of the restaurant in the marina several times ever since VICE shot there - no second restaurant. You have to bear in mind that 25 years have elapsed. The last name of the Marina restaurant I know is Rusty Pelican, so this may be the current one. But our Miami locals should know more.[/quote'] Two different places. Same area. The Rusty Pelican is at the tip of land looking back toward the mainland on the far west tip of Virginia Key. Yaze was located on the Rickenbacker Causeway at the start of the drive that leads to the Rusty Pelican. If you were going to the Rusty Pelican you would drive by Yaze on your left when you turned into The Rusty Pellican's Drive. Last time I remember going by there the Yaze was called Joe's Tiki Bar and Grill.
  • Like 1

Thanks Charlie for clarifying this. It´s been a long time since I have lived in South Beach and my memory of Virginia Key has gone blurry ...

Thanks Charlie for clarifying this. It´s been a long time since I have lived in South Beach and my memory of Virginia Key has gone blurry ...

Yes I was at The Yaze its now called something like the Fish Restaurant at the end of Feb the interior & back marina is unchanged since Vice days .The end boatyard used in "Yankee Dollar" also seemed to be opposite the Yaze looked like it was the same one used in the episode.:D

Thank you very much for your responses. @ Matt5 : If I understand you right, that now called Fish Restaurant, was that one used in the Episodes "Walk-Alone" and Yankee Dollar ? And it's located at the Rickenbacher Causeway ? Sorry for the questions, but thats a location I want to visit when I go to Miami, when it's worth it....:D Thank you !

• 2 years later...

Photo I took in 2011 - Horatio's / Yaze Restaurant seen in "Walk Alone"

(and "Yankee Dollar"). :D  :)  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I want to correct an old error that has spread into the glossary, the wikia, and everywhere:  This locale was called Yage , not Yaze.

http://www.miami.com/yage-bay-club

http://www.activediner.com/yage-bay-club/restaurant/key-biscayne/fl/us/profile/816491

http://www.manta.com/c/mmcvrs0/yage-restaurant

In another thread Nofretz alerted us that this building is now a restaurant & bar called Whiskey Joe's:

http://www.whiskeyjoesmiami.com/miami

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

Interesting about this place - with the view alone should always do well - as soon as you cross the Rickenbacker and these restaurants here - its quite tranquil to sit and look out at the skyline from this angle .:D:D

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Popped into Whiskey Joe’s (Yaze) off the Rickenbacker Cswy here on Friday. Featured in “Yankee Dollar” and “Walk Alone”. I remember a frame from the second floor looking down I think it was in “Walk Alone”, if someone could confirm that would be great.

Pic 1- Tubbs / Max, Max/ Glide in “Yankee Dollar”.

Pic 2- bar top where the team and cops worked, seen in “Walk Alone”.

Pic 3- The larger function room with the tableclothed tables (which was a bar in the fall of 1985) was where Max was when C&T burst in (“Yankee Dollar”).

Pic 4/5 - view from 2nd floor

Pic 6- Max with C&T in “Yankee Dollar”.

AE65BF16-0EAE-410C-8FE5-BCF0440492F2.jpeg

0D2927F7-D49D-4EC6-B42C-0407F1321FB3.jpeg

D3CAD921-72AA-42EA-AC29-D57F00143AC6.jpeg

2E835C7F-9B76-4146-84F4-A8D91350B349.jpeg

93874921-48B2-4092-BEE5-FD3357A3404F.jpeg

F2783210-9DFF-40EC-8139-1DFBDCC3D049.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 10

• James changed the title to YAGE Marina Restaurant
  • Administrators
9 hours ago, airtommy said:

@James could you possibly edit the title of this thread from "Yaze" to "Yage" so we stop spreading around the incorrect name?

Ok, changed it! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bren10 said:

Is this the same place Sonny and Caitlyn had dinner before the boat chase?  The MV wiki says it isn't but it looks similar.

That was shot up north at Quayside Towers on Biscayne Bvld in Miami Shores. They shot the teaser and opening credits there for Season 2s “One Way Ticket” and scenes for “Cuba Libre” and “World of Trouble”. I will be going here next week.

Edited by Matt5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bren10 said:

Is this the same place Sonny and Caitlyn had dinner before the boat chase?  The MV wiki says it isn't but it looks similar.

I just studied the scene and I can say for certain none of the scene in "Like a Hurricane" was filmed at Yage or a studio.  Definitely Quayside.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 9:09 AM, Matt5 said:

Popped into Whiskey Joe’s (Yaze) off the Rickenbacker Cswy here on Friday. Featured in “Yankee Dollar” and “Walk Alone”. I remember a frame from the second floor looking down I think it was in “Walk Alone”, if someone could confirm that would be great.

2E835C7F-9B76-4146-84F4-A8D91350B349.jpeg

Yes, it was "Walk Alone":

walktopdown.png.9391b9ce20a032603532f54b51f556f5.png