New song sounding like Crockett's theme !?

googou

Hello !I've heard this song on the radio many times this week, and I can't stop thinking that they copied Jan Hammer work !:eek:It's called Rapture and the artist is Nadia Ali :

Comparaison with Crockett's theme : (the part @ 1:40):radio:
Tell me what do you think about it ? Copy or not copy ?

• Administrators

Well I doubt that Jan Hammer could file a lawsuit over it but yeah, I hear it. Nice catch! The black PVC is also very 80's and not too shabby either! :thumbsup:

Not a copy. But, it is a remake. It was a song by IIO in 2001. The music just sounds dancy to me. I don't get any Jan Hammer vibe.

Like many melodies today, sounding like earlier songs, it is similar to Crockett's Theme but only because of the high pitched synth. in the middle part. The notes vary too much from the original.

Guest MetroVice

Back in the day . . .I remember back in the mid 1980's when the REAL version of this would come on the radio and I absolutely loved it :)Back then there was no internet or ability to simply record songs over the radio on-the-fly like we can today. I remember setting up my cassette tape recorder and recording various segments of the day in the hopes I would eventually catch it on our local station.Eventually I got it. Although it surely wasn't studio quality, it was good enough for me. Back then you had to take what you could get. There were cell-phones during that era but not like we have today (clearly I'm talking to the young folks here). In fact, I still have my Motorola brick phone with a whopping 10 memories and a spike antenna that looks like you could impale someone with it. But man did they sound GOOD. Those old phones really cupped your ear so well it didn't matter how much noise there was around you.The 80's were my absolute FAVORITE decade. And not necessarily because of MV, but other factors as well (but Vice had a lot to do with it.Dammit man, I really miss the simpler times we knew in the 80's :cry:

I don't get it?I consider myself a good audiophile but don't see the resemblence????She is an absolute babe though!:p

I don't get it?I consider myself a good audiophile but don't see the resemblence????She is an absolute babe though!:p

Both dito!!!

Not a copy. But' date=' it is a remake. It was a song by IIO in 2001. The music just sounds dancy to me. I don't get any Jan Hammer vibe.[/quote'] Me either, don't hear it. Just dance music. :thumbsdown: