If there was a remake of MIAMI VICE with new actors, who could play the characters?!?

Christian

Just pure fiction, just only a guess.Let's say there was be a remake of MIAMI VICE (maybe one season)with a complete new cast (if possible nearly the age of the main actors back then)WHAT ACTOR/FAMOUS PERSON WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOR:-Sonny?-Ricardo?-Gina?-Trudy?-Stanley?-Lawrence?-Lt. Castillo?-Izzy?Who fits best in your opinion?!?REMEMBER:It is just a guess, no matter if you would like such a remake or not!For myself I don't want a remake.Except for a remake with the original cast! But that's not the point at this thread...:)I am realy looking forward what's coming up!;) BTW:Feel free to add a picture of the actor/celeb you chose!

Oh no! The question is back! LOLOLAfter such crappy motion picture years ago...im not so sure they would develop Miami Vice again....it sank the franchise. But wait! We are in the reboot era...Batman, Spiderman....Even so....again....i wouldnt accept any new actors for the roles. I would try to cross the old cast with new characters, but the original ones being kept, not touched, sacred and immortalized.

• Administrators

Okay, this one's for Tony D.!-Sonny? Don Johnson-Ricardo? Phillip Michael Thomas-Gina? Saundra Santiago-Trudy? Olivia Brown-Stanley? Michael Talbott-Lawrence? Sorry he's dead-Lt. Castillo? Edward James Olmos-Izzy? Martin FerreroYou can't fix perfection!

• Haha 1

Don Johnson-Ricardo? Phillip Michael Thomas-Gina? Saundra Santiago-Trudy? Olivia Brown-Stanley? Michael Talbott-Lawrence? Sorry he's dead-Lt. Castillo? Edward James Olmos-Izzy? Martin FerreroYou can't fix perfection!

Perfection...you must mean Olivia and Saundra!:hot:

In my opinion, there can´t be a remake with other actors. That´s what they´d tried when making the movie and they failed.

Look at the Lebron´s ad.....Do we need another Sonny Crockett than Don Johnson? His old look can allow many new ideas...An older, more acid, burned, bitter SC....As i told before... read Frank Miller´s Dark Knight return comic book mini series, and see what he was able to do with older characters...

Don Johnson-Ricardo? Phillip Michael Thomas-Gina? Saundra Santiago-Trudy? Olivia Brown-Stanley? Michael Talbott-Lawrence? Sorry he's dead-Lt. Castillo? Edward James Olmos-Izzy? Martin FerreroYou can't fix perfection!

Dont forget:OCB Headquarters door: Colin Farrel :)

Okay let me sum it up guys:We don't need a remake we just need a reunion!But how can we bring back Zito back to life?He has to be there...

No, I don´t think that it would be a good idea to bring Zito back to life. Dead is dead. The only way to bring him (the actor) back would be if Larry had had a twin brother who could take his place.

No' date=' I don´t think that it would be a good idea to bring Zito back to life. Dead is dead. The only way to bring him (the actor) back would be if Larry had had a twin brother who could take his place.[/quote'] But I want my Zito back!:)Just kidding.Nice idea Christine. Jerry Zito!
  • Like 1

Thanks, Christian. I hate it if people who have died suddenly return in movies or series. It´s implausible. I remember a very famous series from the 80s where this had happened. Many eps after the person had died, he suddenly appeared and they claimed tha his death had only been a dream.:birdie: I´m sorry, but this is something that should never happen in MV.

• Administrators
As i told before... read Frank Miller´s Dark Knight return comic book mini series' date=' and see what he was able to do with older characters...[/quote']Mr. C! I didn't know you were into comics! I've read Miller's Dark Knight and you are absolutely correct about a different take on older characters, plus you know that nobody really dies in the comics. There may be a Larry Zito ressurection yet! ;)

• 5 months later...

My vote would be the original cast if possible. Maybe the addition of Don's actual son as he has his father's looks. He could surely play a young Sonny Crockett if needed. Introduce some new actors to freshen up the franchise and use the original formula to keep us hooked. Although I did like a lot of the recent movie, they clearly failed by not using the original formula and failed "Casting 101"

Just pure fiction, just only a guess.Let's say there was be a remake of MIAMI VICE (maybe one season)with a complete new cast (if possible nearly the age of the main actors back then)WHAT ACTOR/FAMOUS PERSON WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOR:-Sonny?-Ricardo?-Gina?-Trudy?-Stanley?-Lawrence?-Lt. Castillo?-Izzy?Ok seriously folks, let's think of this as a possibility. Individually, we may or may not want to see a "remake" of the original Miami Vice series, but the time may be right for it. Look at the success of Hawaii Five-O :clap: Excellent writing and great actors :thumbsup: CBS did an amazing job of making that show contemporary. I really believe that is the key to a remake. It's fast moving, action packed, well-written, great cast and stays true to the original series! It's all new again. That means Miami Vice can be all new again. Frankly, I would LOVE to see it happen:happy: It would bring today's audience to it, and even more fans would no doubt buy the DVDs for the original MV, and that's a great thing to happen, too.So let's have some serious fun with this cast list. Remember it has to be contemporary and appeal to the 18-45 demographic. That is the only way a major network or cable channel will do it. So that means a younger cast - well you know it's true. Cameos by our favorite stars could happen, in my opinion, in some form.I'm still thinking about who I would choose. Let's have some fun with this, and think that maybe some studio exec is seriously wanting to do this tv remake. And, let's say that exec is someone like the execs who brought the new "Hawaii Five-0" back to great success.WHAT ACTOR/FAMOUS PERSON WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOR:-Sonny?-Ricardo?-Gina?-Trudy?-Stanley?-Lawrence?-Lt. Castillo?-Izzy?

This had been asked in another thread, but I will give you my personal favorites. I don't have suggestion for the whole crew yet but the 2 main characters would be:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4719[/ATTACH]Nathan Fillion in the role of Sonny[ATTACH=CONFIG]4720[/ATTACH]and Dennis Hays in the role of Ricardo.I will think of some possibilities for the others and let you know.

post-10471-13892963826073_thumb.jpg

post-10471-13892963826284_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

nice thread , nice thread , even if i have no idea right now . don't forget to find a new Jan Hammer too because the guy has a lot to do with MV sequel success too :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

No re-casts of original characters--that's too much pressure for the new guys. I would just set it in modern times, new characters with lots of cameos from the first cast.Can't think of who would be a good fit; I would probably go with relative unknowns just like the first time around.

• 2 years later...

Here's my ideal remake cast (so far)

Chad Michael Murray as Sonny Crockett

Eingefügtes Bild

Brian White as Ricardo Tubbs

Eingefügtes Bild

Edward James Olmos as Lt. Martin Castillo

Eingefügtes Bild

Michael Cudlitz as Stan Switek

Eingefügtes Bild

Still pondering the others.

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Yes Edward James Olmos is always Castillo 

• Like 1

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Just forget it! If it would happen then the series would run over with Sonny & Rico's and the rest's sons! Original Sonny & Rico , Gina & Trudy - Switek and Castillo absolutely must be on the new series (playing with original cast), Zito could be return with this script "Actually Zito hasn't been dead. Zito has been shown like dead." Actually he has joined to CIA-DEA or any underdeep agency rescued Guzman's goon's hands by the agency guys and after 30 years he will come across to Switek and the others. Everybody's gonna shocked!

Edited by Knight&Crockett

Just forget it! If it would happen then the series would run over with Sonny & Rico's and the rest's sons! Original Sonny & Rico , Gina & Trudy - Switek and Castillo absolutely must be on the new series (playing with original cast), Zito could be return with this script "Actually Zito hasn't been dead. Zito has been shown like dead." Actually he has joined to CIA-DEA or any underdeep agency rescued Guzman's goon's hands by the agency guys and after 30 years he will come across to Switek and the others. Everybody's gonna shocked!

I thought the thread was about an entirely hypothetical remake of Miami Vice. Didn't realize you'd get so upset...

I thought the thread was about an entirely hypothetical remake of Miami Vice. Didn't realize you'd get so upset...

Then it would be never happen! Look at 2006 movie pal!

Then it would be never happen! Look at 2006 movie pal!

We're not talking about the movie. We're talking about (again) an entirely hypothetical and not real scenario. If you're going to get so upset, maybe it would be best if you avoided this thread so some of us can actually discuss it.