Pam Grier's Miami Vice Contract! Rites Of Passage

COOPER&BURNETT

INCREDIBLE FIND!This is PAM GRIER's ORIGINAL contract for appearing in the episode, "RITES OF PASSAGE" on MIAMI VICE season one. She played VALERIE. This is from my PERSONAL collection. Please do not visit her address, call her number, or bother her in any way. She most likely doesn't even live there anymore after 23 years. I have taken effort to cover her social security number to make sure it is not shown publicly. This contract is stunning, as it shows how much she was paid, and her flight arrangements. She signed, and initialed it.This is MOST CERTAINLY the first time ever a MIAMI VICE actors contract has been seen by the public! Enjoy! (You may use your computer's zoom feature to read the contract!)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild
  • Like 3

i bet she'd have charged more if she'd known she'd be filming a scene in below freezing temperatures in sunny miami.

I wonder who supplied her coat? The show, or did she bring her own?

• 2 months later...

It appears by the numbers count that this thread hasn't been viewed much on this site, so perhaps it just got missed by some of you who are newer.Remember, there is quite a few things to see in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK section that you may have not seen, and more will be added, so go check out that section...you may have missed something.

• Administrators

I admit buddy, I missed this one too. :eek: Sorry.Great stuff. Amazing how you have acquired all this stuff. :clap:Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

I'm hopeing enough people see this, and realize what a truly rare, and personal item this. She actually signed this, and her real SOCIAL SECURITY number is on it!! In one place on the contract, you can see that someone typed MIAMI VICE wrong, and spelled it "MAIMI VICE"!It also tells how much she is paid, travel, her address at the time.....PRICELESS!!!!

Please do not visit her address' date=' call her number, or bother her in any way. [/quote']I´ll met her this weekend. Its set up. WOOHOO!

That address was from 1985. I wonder where she is living now? I bet not there.

• 11 months later...

I brought this back up for all to see, because it hasn't been viewed very many times, and thought new members may have missed it. (Which is why it's very important to check out what's in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION. Think of all the things you could be missing!)

Wow Coop, I am glad that you bumped this jewel! It is so cool to see her weekly salary, etc. I know you will never tell, but you must have some great connections to procure such items. Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Wow Coop' date=' I am glad that you bumped this jewel! It is so cool to see her weekly salary, etc. I know you will never tell, but you must have some great connections to procure such items. Thanks again for sharing this with us.[/quote']My vice connections run fairly deep. I'm thrilled for everyone's feedback, as it shows interest on your part, and it encourages me to keep doing it! :clap:

Pam Grier is my favorite of Tubb's lovers and it's really interesting to see her contract. Thanks' date=' Coop! :thumbsup:[/quote']Your welcome. So far, I've never seen any vice actors contract before, so this is one very rare document.Easily, it's the only one shown on the internet.Oddly enough, I have yet to frame it or anything. It's safe, but I really need to make sure it's protected inside an acid free slipcase or something.It's one of a kind! Not to mention, historically important for us VICE fans. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have any other contracts, but I do have some unrelated one of a kind MIAMI VICE documents that I'll post at some point.

I've never seen any actor's contract let alone anyone from MV. Thanks C&B!According to http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm$2' date='083.33 in 1985 had about the same buying power as $4,272.49 in 2010.Probably peanuts to what they'd earn today.[/quote']That is very interesting Fresh Prince, thanks for posting it!How very interesting. :clap:

Quite a low salary really even by 1985 standards. I am sure Pam Grier got quite a bit more for "The Prodigal Son" for the second season opener. I remember an article at the time and DJ was one of the highest paid actors on tv and earning around $50 000 per episode - if I remember Larry Hagman(Jr in " Dallas ") and John Forsythe ( Blake Carrington in " Dynasty ") were the top earners earning near $100 000 per episode in 1985.:D

Quite a low salary really even by 1985 standards. I am sure Pam Grier got quite a bit more for "The Prodigal Son" for the second season opener. I remember an article at the time and DJ was one of the highest paid actors on tv and earning around $50 000 per episode - if I remember Larry Hagman(Jr in " Dallas ") and John Forsythe ( Blake Carrington in " Dynasty ") were the top earners earning near $100 000 per episode in 1985.:D

Guests didn't do it for the money per se, they did it for the national exposure. Many had reviatalised careers after being on the show.

• 2 years later...