FREEZE @ French Twist Reunion - Meeting the "Fab Three"!!!

Ell.a

• Administrators

Just landed! Hard to believe, that I had a coffee with Saundra Santiago, John Diehl und Michael Talbott only 6 hours ago!The event in Paris was a clou, a hit ... it was awesome! You won't believe, how heartily and open minded they meet us. These three are "down-to-earth" (in the very best sense). Saundra Santiago absolutely kind-hearted and likable. Besides the fact that she's VERY (!) attractive and has a perfect figure - When you talk with her, she doesn't look through you - she looks straight INTO your eyes.:blumen:John Diehl and Michael Talbott together are unbeatable and unbelievable. When these two come together, you get a huge firework of laughter!:happy: So we had much fun - We laughed until we cried - And we heard some unbelievable backstage stories of Miami Vice and some more tiny, but very interesting details about MV, you can't read or find anywhere else.I'm not able to post photos today - cause I didn't take any photos. I was shooting with my camcorder the whole time through ... now I have a treasure of more than 10 hours of digital material. Interviews included! As expected I wasn't able to ask all questions and to get answer to all asked questions. But for a huge amount of the questions I got some really non-standard answers. So you can wait with bated breath for more.:)In the next few days I will also post some pictures, cause I was lucky to get some brilliant costume sheets from Michael Talbott (photos included!), which I took with me to Germany. Michael Talbott is a huge collector. You won't believe, when you hear what kind of MV treasures he still owns!:done:I have a very busy job during the next days and weeks. Thus I will only log in on occasion, as I did so far. But I will post more informations from time to time. Keep an eye on this thread!TO BE CONTINUED ...**********************************Gerade gelandet! Kaum zu glauben, dass ich noch vor 6 Stunden mit Saundra Santiago, John Diehl und Michael Talbott Kaffee getrunken habe!Das Fantreffen in Paris war der Clou! Ihr könnt euch kaum vorstellen, wie herzlich und offen die drei uns Fans begegnet sind und wie sehr sie mit beiden Füssen auf dem Boden stehen (im positivsten Sinne). Saundra Santiago ist eine unheimlich sympathische und herzliche Person. Mal abgesehen davon, dass sie sehr (!) attraktiv ist und eine perfekte Figur hat - Wenn man sich mit ihr unterhält, schaut sie einem IN die Augen und nicht durch einen hindurch. :blumen:John Diehl und Michael Talbott sind ein unschlagbares Gespann. Wenn die zwei aufeinandertreffen, gibts ein Feuerwerk voller Witz und Lacher. Man mag sich eigentlich nur wegwerfen vor Lachen!:happy: Wir hatten also eine Unmenge Spaß, haben Tränen gelacht und absolut geniale Geschichten rund um Miami Vice gehört! Vor allem interessante kleine Details, die man nirgendwo nachlesen oder erfahren kann.Fotos kann ich heute keine posten, denn ich habe keine gemacht. Ich habe die ganze Zeit mit meinem Camcorder gefilmt ... Nun sitze habe ich auf einem Schatz von insgesamt rund 10 Stunden Videomaterial. Inklusive Interviews! Ich konnte zwar - erwartungsgemäß - nicht alle Fragen stellen - aber für einen Großteil der Fragen habe ich die passenden manchmal recht ausgefallenen Antworten erhalten. Ihr könnt also gespannt sein.:)In den nächsten Tagen kommen dann aber auch ein paar Fotos, denn ich habe von Michael Talbott ein paar geniale Kostümbeschreibungen inklusive Polaroids ersteigern können und mit nach hause genommen. Die werde ich natürlich ablichten. Michael Talbott ist der Sammler vor dem Herrn. Was der alles an originalen Vice-Schätzen zu hause hortet, ist einfach unglaublich!:done:Da ich in den nächsten Tagen und Wochen beruflich sehr eingespannt bin, werde ich - wie bisher auch - nur ab und zu Zeit haben, hier zu posten. Behaltet den Thread im Auge - ich werde hier immer wieder neue Infos einstellen.FORTSETZUNG FOLGT ...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ell.a

• COOPER&BURNETT

• cheetah

• alex2b

Ell.a Thank You for reporting back so quickly:thumbsup: Can't wait to hear more details and pictures, interviews, etc. when you have time:D

Ich beneide dich soooooooooooooooooooooooooo unendlich für dieses Treffen, Ell.a!!:happy::happy::happy::happy:Ich freue mich, dass du soviel Spaß mit den Dreien hattest und dass du überhaupt die Chance hattest, dich mit ihnen zu treffen - träum !:thumbsup::happy:Ich hoffe, du kannst uns eine Menge Material reinstellen, damit wir ein wenig daran teilhaben können.Wirklich toll, dass man mit Saundra, Michael und John einfach so quatschen kann und dass sie so bodenständig sind.:clap:

Toll wie euphorisch Du noch bist, das war wohl ein unvergessliches Erlebnis!Und danke für alles was Du für uns und das Forum tust!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ell.a,I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS NEWS!!As a major MIAMI VICE fan, and collector, I can't wait to hear what Michael Talbott, and the others kept from the show!!!!Sounds like it was a BLAST!!Whenever your able to, we are very much looking forward to any and all information you have!!This is just too awesome!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ell.a! :)I'm a bit jealous... wish I could be there too... :cry: But I'm really happy for you and all other folks who were at the convention. :happy::clap: Can't wait to hear your stories. :)

Thank you so much Ell.a for updating us! As with others, I am so envious of you! So glad that everything went well, and can't wait to hear more!!:D

Im really happy you did it! Congratulations! I know, I know...you forgot all my questions, but ill forgive you.... All right, Ella, and the Don Johnsons´ phone number is.... :)

• Administrators

Sounds great Ell.a! Did you happen to invite them to our site? ;)Looking forward to pics! :thumbsup:

Ell.a......I wish I could have been there....but too expensive & time consumming for me.I give you and Alex a lot of credit for making it happen. If it can be done sometime in Miami....I'll be there!!!!!I hope you impressed on Saundra, Michael & John how respected & loved they are around the world and their fans are still hoping beyond hope for a Miami Vice Renewal.Thank you for posting everything you can for us! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Thanks so much for all your comments and support so far. :flowers:Sorry, but I don't have the time to answer them all. But I really appreciate your participation. If you have the impression that I ignored something in this thread, please send me a pm. That I won't miss.During the last 3 days I was busy digitizing all the video stuff into my pc. It was so much fun to listen to these stories again. It was like experiencing it for a second time! I also noticed tiny little (spoken) details, that I didn't get when I heard them for the first time, because I was too excited or too busy with my camcorder.I hope that on the weekend or at the beginning of the week I can give you more informations.

• Administrators
I know' date=' I know...you forgot all my questions, but ill forgive you.... All right, Ella, and the Don Johnsons´ phone number is.... :)[/quote']Well, that's not easy to say ... :pI definiteley forgot NONE of the questions posted in this board. I copied them to a file and then printed them. And I even didn't forget the sheet when I flew to Paris ;-) BUT: You'll find out soon, why it would have been in vain to ask for more "DON"-informations. AND: It was THEIR event - so I did what other users proposed before: I put the stress on THEM.Maybe I ask them later in a few weeks - cause I will stay in contact with them hopefully.

• Administrators

Did you happen to invite them to our site? ;)

Well ... that's the point which is really kind of ... difficult. When I was together with Michael and John on the first day, the subject of bulletin boards came up. Michael told me that he knew .org - I guess because of RB's advice - and that the site is nearly gone. There I plugged in and told them about "a big international fan community". When I told them that this board has more than 4000 users and more than 700 active members, they were really amazed. BUT THERE the problem begins.As you can see on the videos afterwards, the attendance was not so huge. Most fans were from France, some from the Netherlands (Harold from mv.nl) - and me and my cameraman were the only ones from Germany. It was like a snug and very personal meeting between friends - which was good for us fans. But the actors were kind of disappointed by this fact of course. So the question came up, why none of these members came in Paris ... Of course I explained that some of them are from the US ... BUT: The poor impression of not being interested remained. :rain:

If attendance was so low, who paid for the cast to come? I assumed there must've been a large paid attendance to foot the bill for transportation, lodging and appearance fees for all these stars. Were there just a few big-bucks benefactors?

Thank you Ell.a for updating us. :thumbsup: When you get time can you give a total of people that attended the Convention, and did you show episodes of Miami Vice or have a band play MV songs?What was the price of admission? i saw it somewhere but can't find it.

I am sorry they were disappointed in attendance by fans, but they must realize the expense of such a trip is not possible for many of us. At this point in my life, the only way I could attend such an event would be if it was within driving distance, back and forth, within a day. Frankly, there is just no way for me to afford flying and hotel accommodations for anything.I look forward to everything you have for us regarding the event, Ell.a :thumbsup:

Well ... that's the point which is really kind of ... difficult. When I was together with Michael and John on the first day' date=' the subject of bulletin boards came up. Michael told me that he knew .org - I guess because of RB's advice - and that the site is nearly gone. There I plugged in and told them about "a big international fan community". When I told them that this board has more than 4000 users and more than 700 active members, they were really amazed. BUT THERE the problem begins.As you can see on the videos afterwards, the attendance was not so huge. Most fans were from France, some from the Netherlands (Harold from mv.nl) - and me and my cameraman were the only ones from Germany. It was like a snug and very personal meeting between friends - which was good for us fans. But the actors were kind of disappointed by this fact of course. So the question came up, why none of these members came in Paris ... Of course I explained that some of them are from the US ... BUT: The poor impression of not being interested remained. :rain:[/quote']That's sad that attendance was low. If it had been in the U.S. L.A. or MIAMI, I'm sure the attendance would have been fairly big. MIAMI VICE was a big, big hit in the U.S..This saddens me.

The problem is no the place !!! For many fans, Don Johnson isn't here, so why going to the Miami Vice Reunion !! Come on boys !! Don Johnson is a big part of the show but is not the Don Johnson show ! It's Miami Vice with a group, do you think really without the others actors the show will be the same ??John, Mike and Saundra were just incredible, and they are glad to be in Paris. It's a pity to see the reactions what I saw from MV' fans, really ! A big fan of Don Johnson was here, and then when she met John, believe me is not Don Johnson anymore.The positive thing, we got a wonderful weekend, and we got the Vice Vibes, that's all ! Try to organize this in Miami, and we'll see what's happening, I am not sure that you get more "people". But here we are ready for a French Twist Reunion II !!!

The problem is no the place !!! For many fans' date=' Don Johnson isn't here, so why going to the Miami Vice Reunion !! Come on boys !! Don Johnson is a big part of the show but is not the Don Johnson show ! It's Miami Vice with a group, do you think really without the others actors the show will be the same ??John, Mike and Saundra were just incredible, and they are glad to be in Paris. It's a pity to see the reactions what I saw from MV' fans, really ! A big fan of Don Johnson was here, and then when she met John, believe me is not Don Johnson anymore.The positive thing, we got a wonderful weekend, and we got the Vice Vibes, that's all ! Try to organize this in Miami, and we'll see what's happening, I am not sure that you get more "people". But here we are ready for a French Twist Reunion II !!![/quote']You've done what nobody else has been able to do. We're envious.It still seems strange that nobody can, or has organized such an event in the U.S. considering it's an American show. You've done the impossible!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:CONGRATS! All your time, and hard work paid off!Really looking forward to all the pictures, video, stories behind this wonderfull Reunion!I'm really proud of you! :blumen::cheers:MIAMI VICE FOREVER!

• Administrators

Regardless of where it was held I think the economy has a lot to do with it. People just don't have the money. All that aside I'm curious. Why was Paris chosen as the location?

Thanks Coop for your support !@Ferrariman Why Paris ! It was in Disneyland Paris the best place ever for European Fans, easy to find, very pleasant and quiet and a lot of things to do. From UK, Germany, or others country no more than 1 hour by plane or 2 maybe. It's my choice, and it was a good choice:)

Thanks Coop for your support !@Ferrariman Why Paris ! It was in Disneyland Paris the best place ever for European Fans' date=' easy to find, very pleasant and quiet and a lot of things to do. From UK, Germany, or others country no more than 1 hour by plane or 2 maybe. It's my choice, and it was a good choice:)[/quote']Disneyland Paris?CLEVER IDEA!! :clap:

Working that out with DISNEY seems impossible! They are pretty picky about non disney stuff in thier parks. WOW!! Your incredible!!!Did people have to pay to get into the park, and pay for the reunion too?