FREEZE @ French Twist Reunion - Meeting the "Fab Three"!!!

Ell.a

To all' date=' If this reunion was in the states, the turn out would be incredible. I live in NYC and I have a house in Naples, FL and I would fly anywhere in the US for a Miami Vice reunion. But for me to go to Paris would probably cost close to $2000 for the whole trip. Airfare, hotel, meals transportation, and tickets to the show. Plus, the dollar is weak in Europe. I'm surprised nothing is in the works for these guys to be in Miami. I would go in a minute.[/quote']if you plan a week-end only i'm sure you can do it for less than 2000 $ . with Google first price i find for a Miami - Paris : 421 € . then you can discuss with a french fan to get the busses infos in the capital or even for being drived by this same fan . and the meals you can eat sandwiches for two days it won't hurt you , i mean it's the crisis , we're all in the same ship ;) . people slept in a tent for the William and Kate wedding ...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ell.a

• COOPER&BURNETT

• cheetah

• alex2b

To all, I heard that these guys get a little annoyed that they are always remembered for what they did on Miami Vice and nothing else. Well, to quote the words of Richard Rountree who played John Shaft in Shaft. He said "It's better to be remembered for something than for nothing at all." So he lives with it. Hey, they should live with it too.

• Administrators
To all' date=' I heard that these guys get a little annoyed that they are always remembered for what they did on Miami Vice and nothing else. Well, to quote the words of Richard Rountree who played John Shaft in Shaft. He said "It's better to be remembered for something than for nothing at all." So he lives with it. Hey, they should live with it too.[/quote']I don't know where and when you read and heard this. All I can say from my own personal experience: I asked exactly this question when they stood in front of my camera in Paris four weeks ago. You know what? Saundra answered with the same quote:"It's better to be remembered for something than for nothing at all."John and Michael didn't care at all whether they are remembered or not - they had so much fun :-)They all know that they were a main part of Miami Vice and that this show wrote tv history. I always had the impression that they were VERY proud of their Miami Vice parts. Besides: Watch the FAQ clip again ---> click <--- At 5:30 they tell their opinion about MV. John says that MV was a landmark, a stepping stone and a template. I don't think that they would talk about the show like this if they were annoyed.

I did hear it somewhere otherwise I would not have posted it. At a convention for Miami Vice they would be all smiles. I'm not saying that they are friendly because of the convention but, a while back that's what I heard. For a while Jon Diehl was annoyed that he had done so much since Vice that people only remember him for Larry Zito. He may have changed his tune when he gets all this attention. Anyway, I'm glad that he's a part of the celebration. I wish it was in the states though. Beleive me, I am a very big fan of MIAMI VICE.

Actually, I think it can be both ways at the same time, why not? I mean, they may feel grateful for the Miami Vice experience, proud of their parts and being recognized for them, but at the same time a bit sad, annoyed or whatever (each one of them is more inclined to feel in such situations), that they are not recognized enough for their other works. It's understandable, because they are actors and probably want to be successful in their career like any other professionals. I remember one Russian actor who played Sherlock Holmes in a famous TV-movie series saying that he couldn't figure out how to take that experience for years, because on one hand it was a great success that any actor must be grateful for, but at the other hand it was kind of weird that he played a lot of parts later, but people still called him Holmes, and that would never change. Damn, I'm talking too much again... :o But of course all this are only my speculations, we can't get into their heads to know what they really feel.

Do you think really one second, if they were bored about Miami Vice, they would have come over 2 days talking about the TV Show ? it's just a rumour, and in the DVD they explain are grateful to be in Miami Vice. About John Diehl we have talked about his character in Stargate and The Shield.Except E.LLa for me it's a mystery, I didn't see no one from this board at this Reunion, it's not only about the Money. We have learned a lot of thing about the TV Show, What the reason ? Diehl, Talbott and Santiago are not enough famous ? I know that everybody expecting Don Johnson, but it's just impossible,and I am sad to see that for the most fans Miami Vice is only Don Johnson, it's so much more !!! Many fans told me " We don't coming because DJ is not here". :hot:Incredible !!!

Except E.LLa for me it's a mystery' date=' I didn't see no one from this board at this Reunion, it's not only about the Money. [/quote'] Do you mean no one at all? :confused: I think I must have read some fascinated reviews here from some people who were there, besides Ell.a... but maybe I'm mistaken. :confused:

i think if actors are a bit annoyed it's not of Miami vice but more likely because some fans may misunderstand reality and fiction . maybe some fans have misunderstood the actors with the characters . to be short Michael Talbot isn't Switek etc ..