FREEZE @ French Twist Reunion - Meeting the "Fab Three"!!!

Ell.a

I have many talents, such as obtaining rare items from Vice, and making connections leading to more items,........but what you did with the convention..............WOW. I couldn't have done that. No waaaaay. You have really earned my respect. :clap:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ell.a

• COOPER&BURNETT

• cheetah

• alex2b

• Administrators
Thanks Coop for your support !@Ferrariman Why Paris ! It was in Disneyland Paris the best place ever for European Fans' date=' easy to find, very pleasant and quiet and a lot of things to do. [/quote']Ah, that makes more sense now thanks! I'd also like to congratulate you and everyone involved for making it happen. I remember when you originally posted about it you were hit with some pretty harsh comments from our members. I'm glad to know it all turned out great! :thumbsup:

Ah' date=' that makes more sense now thanks! I'd also like to congratulate you and everyone involved for making it happen. I remember when you originally posted about it you were hit with some pretty harsh comments from our members. I'm glad to know it all turned out great! :thumbsup:[/quote'] I know I remember too, Thanks for your support too. I put any pictures on the website, take a look !www.a-llevents.com

I wish I could have been there! But it was to expensive for me. The flight or the travel expanses, hotel, entrance.....It was a dream - but not possible for me. It's so sad!

If I lived in Europe, I would have loved to come along. I wish the turnout was better for you guys. But I hope it doesn't give the actors the impression that there is lack of interest - there IS. I mean here in Australia, we have double episodes of Miami Vice 4 times in the space of 48 hours, and last year another TV station was showing double episodes 3 times a week. The interest in the show will always be there - I watched my first episode only a few months ago, and then went out and bought the entire series on DVD!And as much as I loved (and still love) Crockett and Tubbs, Switek and Zito produced some of the funniest moments on the show & if it was possible for me, I would go to a MV convention even if it was just one of those actors there! So well done to you guys for what you organised :clap:

Well ... that's the point which is really kind of ... difficult. When I was together with Michael and John on the first day' date=' the subject of bulletin boards came up. Michael told me that he knew .org - I guess because of RB's advice - and that the site is nearly gone. There I plugged in and told them about "a big international fan community". When I told them that this board has more than 4000 users and more than 700 active members, they were really amazed. BUT THERE the problem begins.As you can see on the videos afterwards, the attendance was not so huge. Most fans were from France, some from the Netherlands (Harold from mv.nl) - and me and my cameraman were the only ones from Germany. It was like a snug and very personal meeting between friends - which was good for us fans. But the actors were kind of disappointed by this fact of course. So the question came up, why none of these members came in Paris ... Of course I explained that some of them are from the US ... BUT: The poor impression of not being interested remained. :rain:[/quote'] I didnt get it...OK....maybe most ppl couldnt be there (unhopefully) for the convention but i think its not a real problem to make them visit .info.Even with a low audience, hopefully that wasnt like that convention where that jerk was pissing everybody around with Michael Jackson.I can consider this a big success. And everybody involved has to be congratulated.But a real place to meet, talk, post with fans its here. 4000 to read about them. This for sure would short distances. Well...i bet they will find us sooner or later. :)

• Administrators

What you did with the convention..............WOW. You have really earned my respect.

Definitely! You're right!Alex indeed made the impossible happen. And you know what?Michael Talbott and John Diehl share your opinion. They said nearly the same to me in the interview. :thumbsup:

Hey! The photos and the videos are great!http://www.a-llevents.com/topic/index.html

Yeah, the photos are nice... and you can also order a DVD! :) Is it worth having for a person who (unfortunately) wasn't there? Guess it must be, if it contains interviews and stuff... so I'd better go order a belated birthday gift for myself. LOL

• Administrators

... and you can also order a DVD!

Girl, you are too fast! :DI will post with more infos about the DVD soon! :cool:

I just wanna thank ell.a and alex too for putting this together. It probably took a lot of time and effort and lots of other things to organize something like this and I think it's just awesome! Unfortunately I couldnt make it either and I'm sorry to hear that the fab three were disppointed about the attendance. But I'm sure a lot of people simply couldnt go because they didnt have the time or money or both. But that doesnt mean we dont love them and are not crazy about them and MV! Hopefully the come and visit this site so they know there's still lots and lots of fans out there.Cant wait for you to tell us more about the convention! And I'd like to buy the DVD too, where will it be available?Again, Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

The problem is no the place !!! For many fans' date=' Don Johnson isn't here, so why going to the Miami Vice Reunion !! Come on boys !! Don Johnson is a big part of the show but is not the Don Johnson show ! It's Miami Vice with a group, do you think really without the others actors the show will be the same ??John, Mike and Saundra were just incredible, and they are glad to be in Paris. It's a pity to see the reactions what I saw from MV' fans, really ! A big fan of Don Johnson was here, and then when she met John, believe me is not Don Johnson anymore.The positive thing, we got a wonderful weekend, and we got the Vice Vibes, that's all ! Try to organize this in Miami, and we'll see what's happening, I am not sure that you get more "people". But here we are ready for a French Twist Reunion II !!![/quote'] I’m a Don Johnson fan, but also a fan of the show. There would be no Miami Vice without Don or anybody else. In my opinion the whole package made it the best show ever made!! So Don Johnson not being at the convention wasn’t the reason for me not to come. I wasn’t able to organize the practical part (babysitter for the whole weekend, being back in time for school) and I couldn’t afford to make it a family weekend. I’d really wish I could have been there!!

I am sorry they were disappointed in attendance by fans' date=' but they must realize the expense of such a trip is not possible for many of us. At this point in my life, the only way I could attend such an event would be if it was within driving distance, back and forth, within a day. Frankly, there is just no way for me to afford flying and hotel accommodations for anything.[/quote'] Same here. Had it been held in L.A., I'd have purchased a ticket in a heartbeat. Maybe if it was the full, entire cast, then I'd consider flying out of the country.

I’m a Don Johnson fan' date=' but also a fan of the show. There would be no Miami Vice without Don or anybody else. In my opinion the whole package made it the best show ever made!! So Don Johnson not being at the convention wasn’t the reason for me not to come. I wasn’t able to organize the practical part (babysitter for the whole weekend, being back in time for school) and I couldn’t afford to make it a family weekend. I’d really wish I could have been there!![/quote']That's exactly what I think - I have this problems too.

That's sad that attendance was low. If it had been in the U.S. L.A. or MIAMI' date=' I'm sure the attendance would have been fairly big. MIAMI VICE was a big, big hit in the U.S..This saddens me.[/quote']me too . but not sure it would have been a much greater success if it was in the US maybe
You've done what nobody else has been able to do. We're envious.It still seems strange that nobody can' date=' or has organized such an event in the U.S. considering it's an American show. You've done the impossible!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:CONGRATS! All your time, and hard work paid off!Really looking forward to all the pictures, video, stories behind this wonderfull Reunion!I'm really proud of you! :blumen::cheers:MIAMI VICE FOREVER!
agreed . bravo alex , tu sais que je suis corse moi aussi (enfin je suis français mais j'ai du sang corse) :)
I didnt get it...OK....maybe most ppl couldnt be there (unhopefully) for the convention but i think its not a real problem to make them visit .info.Even with a low audience' date=' hopefully that wasnt like that convention where that jerk was pissing everybody around with Michael Jackson.I can consider this a big success. And everybody involved has to be congratulated.But a real place to meet, talk, post with fans its here. 4000 to read about them. This for sure would short distances. Well...i bet they will find us sooner or later. :)[/quote']maybe they don't come to MV online cause they are a bit fed up too . i mean each time we see them we think of Switek or Gina but maybe they would like us to see Michael or Saundra ???? at least that's what happens to me each time i see them in a article or whatever . if i see Michael for exemple first i say oh , Switek cool , then i say no that's not what you should say , you should say look Michael lol
I just wanna thank ell.a and alex too for putting this together. It probably took a lot of time and effort and lots of other things to organize something like this and I think it's just awesome! Unfortunately I couldnt make it either and I'm sorry to hear that the fab three were disppointed about the attendance. But I'm sure a lot of people simply couldnt go because they didnt have the time or money or both. But that doesnt mean we dont love them and are not crazy about them and MV! Hopefully the come and visit this site so they know there's still lots and lots of fans out there.Cant wait for you to tell us more about the convention! And I'd like to buy the DVD too' date=' where will it be available?Again, Thank you very much! :thumbsup:[/quote']i couldn't go there because of the money , but i'm so happy to hear everything was cool . the actors were cool to go to the meeting . i stop cause i'm going to cry

• Administrators
the actors were cool to go to the meeting . i stop cause i'm going to cry
Don't cry - the DVD will soon be available - so you can participate in retrospect.
I wish I could have been there! But it was to expensive for me.
wasn’t able to organize the practical part (babysitter for the whole weekend' date=' being back in time for school) [/quote']
Had it been held in L.A.' date=' I'd have purchased a ticket in a heartbeat.[/quote']That's one of the reasons why we are going to release a DVD - for all of you who couldn't come - because of economic reasons, family reasons, ill kids, lost dogs and cats, broken cars, ... ;)

Well...anyway....it wasnt in USA because some european fans decided to put their heart to make the things happen.It doenst means someone cannot make another MV convention, now in USA, after this one.And this time, without that "Michael Jackson" jerk...

• Administrators
It doesn't mean someone cannot make another MV convention' date=' now in USA, after this one.[/quote']Yep - but the next convention will definitely be in Paris again. :DFRENCH TWIST REUNION II will take place in Paris/France on March31 & April 1, 2012! Saundra, John and Michael will attend again! :cool:To get more infos ---> click! <--- here!

To all, If this reunion was in the states, the turn out would be incredible. I live in NYC and I have a house in Naples, FL and I would fly anywhere in the US for a Miami Vice reunion. But for me to go to Paris would probably cost close to $2000 for the whole trip. Airfare, hotel, meals transportation, and tickets to the show. Plus, the dollar is weak in Europe. I'm surprised nothing is in the works for these guys to be in Miami. I would go in a minute.

French Twist Reunion II ? GREAT ! I will come in 2012.... It's only 3 hours by train from Switzerland to Paris....:D It's cool that they all come again in 2012, in that case it cannot be that bad this year....( I thought they wouldn't come a second time, when this year the attendance was lousy...) But what's with the other actors ? Don Johnson, Philip Michael Thomas and Edward James Olmos. It would be FANTASTIC if one of them would be there ....

To all' date=' If this reunion was in the states, the turn out would be incredible. I live in NYC and I have a house in Naples, FL and I would fly anywhere in the US for a Miami Vice reunion. But for me to go to Paris would probably cost close to $2000 for the whole trip. Airfare, hotel, meals transportation, and tickets to the show. Plus, the dollar is weak in Europe. I'm surprised nothing is in the works for these guys to be in Miami. I would go in a minute.[/quote']For many reasons, I can only make the Reunion in France (legal cie). I am not sure that we'll get more people in Miami, the main reason "money". In Europe we have too biggest fans from Miami Vice. Now I think it makes sense, if US' fans make a Convention in Usa by themself. I gave the dates early, this way people can thinking about the trip and saving money for coming. I am really sorry for US fan's but actually I can't make something in USA. About the actors, it's more difficult that you thinking for get them for a fan's reunion. The most of them are busy with others projects or just "not interested". I know it's not easy for coming in Europe for you, guys, but in Paris we met a lot of "Americans people". Do you want a story ? Saundra Santiago was in the French Subway and she was recognized by a US' fan. She was there for vacations.Best,Alex.

Ich find es unglaublich, wie sich dieses Forum entwickelt hat !!! Und was ihr da auf die Beine gestellt habt...bin einfach nur sprachlos..Für mich ist es schon eine Ehre, hier Mitglied sein zu dürfen. Und durch den Zusammenschluss ist das Ganze noch viel interessanter geworden. Das nette und hilfsbereite Miteinander...länderübergreifend...das beeindruckt mich total !!! Auch wenn ich net immer viel schreibe, so mache ich diese Site tgl. auf und informiere mich. Und ihr könnt Euch alle sicher sein, dass ich mich hier niemals abmelden werde...niemals !Mann, ich weiss noch nicht, wie ich das packen soll...aber ich muss irgendwie nach Paris in 2012...:happy: