FAQ with Saundra, John and Michael

Ell.a

Great stuff' date=' thanks for the video...although I have to say John Diehl looks like he just rolled out of bed...[/quote'] For infos, John was in jetlag mode !!! very tired, it's normal after 12h in the flight and 9H with the jetlag !!

In my opinion, it makes him sympathetic that he stepped in front of the camera without styling first. It was not a criticism, that it looks as if he had just fallen out of bed, but just a remark.

Olivia posted on Facebook last week that her father died the day after her birthday. It must have been just before the convention.

No' date=' her father died years ago.He may have died the day after her birthday, but I believe he died years ago.Why did Olivia not attend the convention??

• Administrators

Why did Olivia not attend the convention??

I don't know the true reason, I only heard that she wouldn't attend. End of story. As well as PMT. His manager wrote that he wouldn't be available at this specific date - no reason given.

Why did Olivia not attend the convention??

This is what she wrote on Facebook last week:" Thank you so much for your kind words and wishes for a wonderful birthday. I am so grateful and simply blown away by how many people thought of me. My father passed away the day after my birthday and he would be smiling so big to see all the birthday wishes I received. This is a hard and emotional time for me and you all have touched my soul. God Bless and keep the faith good people."There were many messages of condolences after this, so like me, others must have thought it occurred last week.

This video is EXCELLENT & very very funny! Great to see John, Michael and Saundra - they all look great. Well done Ell.a - you did a brilliant job!!:thumbsup:

This is what she wrote on Facebook last week:" Thank you so much for your kind words and wishes for a wonderful birthday. I am so grateful and simply blown away by how many people thought of me. My father passed away the day after my birthday and he would be smiling so big to see all the birthday wishes I received. This is a hard and emotional time for me and you all have touched my soul. God Bless and keep the faith good people."There were many messages of condolences after this' date=' so like me, others must have thought it occurred last week.[/quote'] Again, I could be wrong, but I believed he died a day after her birthday, but years ago. (I used to know him personally, been in his home). Can't say for sure he didn't just die, but that's the word I got. I could swear that I saw his obituary in the paper years ago.I wish someone could answer this question.

Again' date=' I could be wrong, but I believed he died a day after her birthday, but years ago. (I used to know him personally, been in his home). Can't say for sure he didn't just die, but that's the word I got. I could swear that I saw his obituary in the paper years ago.I wish someone could answer this question.[/quote']I found the answer. He did die several years ago. Most likely he died in April 2003. This is an older article. It mentions Olivia Brown. http://www.sacbar.org/members/saclawyer/sept_oct2003/c_brown.htmlClarence Brown: The Need For Yearly CheckupsClarence Brown passed away in April at the age of 69 after a long struggle with prostate cancer. Brown spoke about the disease in a December 2002 interview in his home off of Garden Highway.When he was about 40 years old, Clarence Brown had a digital examination for prostate cancer. At that time, the only examination available was the digital, rectal examination, and it made him uncomfortable. Over the subsequent years, "I had offers from doctors [to take the examination], and I said 'No, I've had no problems.'" He did not know much about prostate cancer during that time.About 10 years ago, Brown took a physical examination at Kaiser. "It was given by a female nurse practitioner and she put me through everything." Toward the end of the examination, "she said there was one more thing we hd to do, and that was a digital examination for prostate cancer." But Brown did not want the nurse practitioner to perform the exam on him. He told her "it wasn't going to happen." She immediately threatened to tear up his physical examination documents if he did not go through with the digital test, so Brown finally gave in.After the practitioner performed the digital test, she told Brown that she wanted to have a doctor check him. "I could tell from the expression on her face that something was wrong." Brown discovered that his prostate cancer was not confined to the prostate. "My PSA was up to 37. The cancer was a comparatively active or aggressive one.""If I had done yearly check ups, they [would have] discovered the cancer and I would not be in this position," Brown said in December 2002. Despite the long odds he faced by the diagnosis of a particularly aggressive form of prostate cancer, Brown beat them back by living well past an initial prognosis that gave him only two years to live. During the interview at his home, Brown sat on his couch and talked of his career and his family. I met his wife, Pat, and his son, Steve, was there as well. Since his cancer became terminal, Steve and Brown's two daughters, Olivia and Sabrina, took turns staying at his home to be with him.Brown spoke with great pride about his children. It did not take too much time to notice that Steve Brown had a career in professional football. Photographs of Steve in football uniforms and a team-autographed football are on display in Brown's living room. Steve played as a defensive back for eight years in the National Football League. He was a defensive coach for the St. Louis Rams when they won the Super Bowl. Brown showed me a readily available photograph of Steve's Super Bowl ring. "As a father, I get to brag about this" as he pointed out the ring. Brown also spoke fondly of his daughters. Olivia, his oldest child, played a leading role in the television series "Miami Vice" as an undercover police officer. She is currently on the celebrity golf tour. His other daughter, Sabrina, is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Georgia Pipe Company in Atlanta, Georgia.Brown's legal career was a story in itself. While working at a retail store in Sacramento, Brown had a run-in with his boss and decided to go for a "long walk." He found himself at McGeorge School of Law and visited the admissions office. There, he met and spoke with Ana Rose Fisher, who told him about a course he could take while deciding whether or not to go to law school. Brown immediately signed up for the course, which he attended with third year law students. Brown was an excellent typist, having spent time as a journalist, and completed his final examination in the course before any other student. He received a B-plus in the course and decided to go to school full-time. Brown graduated from McGeorge with honors in 1964 and was the valedictorian of his class. It was not until he graduated that Fisher told him "you owe me $400," the amount of the admissions fee for enrolling at McGeorge that Fisher had secretly paid for Brown on the day he showed up at the admissions office.Brown became the first McGeorge graduate to be hired by the California Attorney General's Office. After two years there he became the founding Executive Director of the Legal Service Program. Brown explained that the program found "representation for people who could not afford a lawyer" and represented those who ere "shut out of the legal system." Brown met a lot of interesting lawyers who became involved in the Legal Service Program. "It was a wonderful time to practice law."Eventually, Brown went into private practice, first with Bill Morgan, a retired judge, and later with future U.S. District Judge Raul Ramirez, Phil Hiroshima and Bob Horn. Brown became a prominent criminal defense trial attorney and also handled civil matters, including civil rights cases. As Judge Ransom commented, "Clarence handled the whole gamut." Since his diagnosis, Brown remained active in his practice, notwithstanding the effects of his prostate cancer and treatments.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The difficult choices facing those diagnosed with prostate cancer are demonstrated by these three stories. The experiences of these men highlight the importance of early testing for prostate cancer and using available resources for choosing a treatment option. September / October 2003

Thanks for the article. After reading her page thought it was recently.

The way it was written, I can certainly see how it would be taken that way.He was a nice man. I sure miss him. He was good to me.

The way it was written' date=' I can certainly see how it would be taken that way.He was a nice man. I sure miss him. He was good to me.[/quote'] Thanks for the article, C&B. After you mentioned you thought it was years ago, I tried to search online however I didn't know his 1st name. He sounded like a great guy so I can understand why her birthday is a bittersweet time.

Seeing three of them smiling and talking is GREAT :thumbsdown:Thanks Ell.a :clap:Oh dear - I did not mean to say thumbs down. I see that I posted this by accident. So sorry' date=' Ell.a.[/quote']I am so sorry that I posted the wrong emoticon. I feel so bad. I meant :thumbsup:

I am so sorry that I posted the wrong emoticon. I feel so bad. I meant :thumbsup:

By the way, isn't it possible to edit smileys just like you edit text? :confused:

Wow, thank you for this video!!:thumbsup:Very informative and funny;)Funny to see, that Michael really looks the same like in the 80's, except his hair colour, in my opinion:)And it's cool, that Michael and John stayed friends in real life, too:thumbsup:

Thanks Ella.Loved the video and it was nice to see then in a candid moment and jovial.Sandra is looking quite yummy and the boys look like life is treating them well after all these years.I enjoyed that very much and wish I could have been there for this convention

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

John Diehl looks like he just rolled out of bed...

That was not the reason --- I guess my cruel German accent was a challenge for him! :D

• Administrators

Thanks for all your comments and interest! :thumbsup:It really was fun to stay a whole weekend in Paris with the "Fab' Three"! While editing the several clips for the DVD, I had the impression to experience the weekend again! Just fun and joy! :balloon:

Yeah it was great to see Saundra,John and Michael.I could read in the answers from John that he wasn't very happy because of the little time exposure he and Michael had on the show,with the result that they (the producers)decided to have him "killed" in Down For The Count [1]I also read somewhere that they (Michael and John) realised that the whole show was more about Crockett and Tubbs.Does anyone have any correct insight in this whole story and were there any bad feelings afterwards between D.J. and John or was it a business decision?Later

• Administrators

Does anyone have any correct insight in this whole story and were there any bad feelings afterwards between D.J. and John or was it a business decision?

During the convention this question came up' date=' of course. John himself decided to leave the show. He also talked about this in the board's interview in 2008. <--- click!As far as I know and from what he said in the FAQ, there had never been bad feelings between him and DJ. John Diehl is not a person of this kind. :thumbsup: