French Twist Reunion on DVD

Ell.a

• Administrators

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVCn5qPheI

As I wrote before, I brought back more than 10 hours of material (2 cameras) from Paris. When I was thinking about what to do with the whole stuff in Paris, it becomes clear that I wouldn't be able to handle it via Youtube. I don't have the time, to edit umpteen clips from the session and upload them. So Alex and I decided to create a DVD about the whole event.This will be the expected content of the DVD:

[*]two whole sessions with all three actors (45 and 35 minutes)

[*]an interview with Saundra (about 10 minutes)

[*]an interview with John and Michael (about 10 minutes)

[*]FAQ (6 minutes)

[*]impressions of serveral muscle cars (about 2 minutes)

[*]impressions of the photo shootings (about 3 minutes)

[*]impressions of autograph sessions (about 3 minutes)

[*]impressions of the merchandise shop - including the costume sheets and some of Switek's cloths (about 3 minutes)

[*]impressions of "Izzy's Corner", where people showed and bartered Vice collectibles (about 3 minutes)

[*]bonus clips = some accidentally taped talks during the photo sessions/autograph sessions ect. (can't estimate the lenght)

[*]statement from the organizer (2 minutes)

[*]maybe also a french/english discussion about the early time of Miami Vice (depends on how much time is left on the DVD)

[*]We taped with two professional DV cameras and professional audio equipment.

[*]The DVD will be region code "0" (playable in all countries).

[*]The DVD won't have any translation or subtitels in any language. The sessions and interviews are in English.

[*]No HD, no blu-ray, just a simple DVD.

I can't tell you when the DVD will be ready for supply! I will edit it in my free time. I won't get money for editing. It's pure pleasure to do and I want it to stay pleasure - if you know what I mean. I hope to finalize it till May 13th, because afterwards I will be not able to edit for about 3 weeks. But I can't promise you that for sure, cause I have a job and a family. I will keep you posted about the progress. In my book the DVD will be ready in June at the latest - but don't pin me down on this, please.For those who want to order it: The price will be 25 € (about 36 $) plus 3 € shipping into almost every country of the world. So this should be affordable to nearly everyone who couldn't attend the event because of economical reasons.FOR YOUR ORDER PLEASE VISIT ---> THE FRENCH TWIST REUNION SHOP*******************************************Wie ich schon vorher geschrieben habe, habe ich 10 Stunden Material (2 Kameras) aus Paris mitgebracht. Als ich so überlegt habe, was ich mit dem ganzen Zeug anfange, wurde mir schnell klar, dass ich es nicht schaffen würde, das alles über Youtube zu posten. Ich habe einfach nicht die Zeit, zahllose Clips zu editieren und sie hochzuladen. Deswegen haben Alex und ich beschlossen, eine DVD von der gesamten Veranstaltung zu produzieren.Das wird voraussichtlich der Inhalt der DVD sein:

[*]zwei komplette Sessions mit allen drei Schauspielern (45 bzw. 35 Minuten)

[*]ein Interview mit Saundra (ungefähr 10 Minuten)

[*]ein Interview mit John und Michael (ungefähr 10 Minuten)

[*]FAQ (6 minutes)

[*]Impressionen von den Sportwagen (ungefähr 2 Minuten)

[*]Impressionen von den Fotosessions (ungefähr 3 Minuten)

[*]Impressionen von den Autogrammterminen (ungefähr 3 Minuten)

[*]Impressionen vom Fanshop - inklusive der Kostümbeschreibungen und den Kleidungsstücken von Switek (ungefähr 3 Minuten)

[*]Impressionen von "Izzy's Corner", wo die Fans ihre Fanartikel ausstellen und tauschen konnten (ungefähr 3 Minuten)

[*]Bonusclips = zufällig aufgenommene Unterhaltungen während der Autogrammstunden/Fotosessions ect. (die Länge kann ich noch nicht abschätzen)

[*]Statement vom Organisator (ungefähr 2 Minuten)

[*]eventuell noch eine Diskussion über die Anfangszeit von Miami Vice in Französisch mit englischer Übersetzung (kommt drauf an, wieviel Platz dann noch auf der DVD ist)

[*]Wir haben mit zwei professionellen DV-Kameras aufgenommen und professionelles Audioequipment verwendet.

[*]Die DVD wird den Regionalcode "0" haben (in allen Ländern abspielbar).

[*]Die DVD wird keine Übersetzung und keine Untertitel haben. Die Sessions mit den Schauspielern und die Interviews sind in Englisch.

[*]Kein HD, kein Blu-Ray, nur eine stinknormale DVD.

Ich kann euch noch nicht sagen, wann die DVD zur Auslieferung fertig sein wird. Ich werde sie in meiner Freizeit herstellen, denn ich bekomme kein Geld dafür. Ich mache es aus Spaß an der Freude und ich möchte, dass es Spaß bleibt, wenn ihr wisst, was ich meine.Vielleicht kriege ich es bis zum 13. Mai hin, denn danach kann ich drei Wochen lang nicht schneiden. Aber das kann ich euch natürlich nicht versprechen, denn ich habe ja noch einen Job und eine Familie. Ich werde euch über die Entwicklung auf dem Laufenden halten. Ich plane, die DVD bis spätestens Juni fertigzustellen, aber nagelt mich bitte nicht darauf fest.Für alle, die die DVD bestellen wollen: Der Preis beträgt 25 € plus 3 € für den Versand in nahezu alle Länder der Erde. Das sollte also für fast jeden erschwinglich sein, der aus Geldgründen nicht an der French Twist Reunion teilnehmen konnte.FÜR EINE BESTELLUNG BESUCHT BITTE ---> THE FRENCH TWIST REUNION SHOP

I just ordered it :D Yeah! Looking so forward to seeing this! Thank you so much for doing this, investing your time and effort to share this with everybody! I will now patiently wait for it :-)Thanks!

• Administrators

I promised you an update about the DVD. Here it is:I was able to complete many of the DVD clips over the Easter days. LIST OF CONTENTS

[*]Intro___[00:59]

[*]Session 1 (with all actors)__[48:50]

[*]Impressions of Cars___[01:11]

[*]MiamiVice Quiz____[04:10]

[*]Impressions of Merchandise [not ready yet___estimated_02:00]

[*]FAQ___[06:21]

[*]Impressions of Photograph Sessions___[02:12]

[*]Interview Saundra Santiago___[10:22]

[*]Impressions of Autograph Session [not ready yet___estimated_02:00]

[*]Interview John and Mike___[08:22]

[*]Impressions of Izzy's Corner [not ready yet___estimated_03:00]

[*]Interview with Alex / Statement from the guests___[02:55]

[*]Session 2 (with all actors) [not ready yet___estimated_35:00 to 40:00]Bonus tracks:

[*]Mike talking about costume sheets (not ready yet)

[*]John wearing one of Switek's pants :-) (not ready yet)

[*]... (maybe some more)

[*]Answers MV Quiz___[01:35]

[*]DVD-Trailer___[01:16]

The total time will be about 2hrs15 to 2hrs30.There still might be slight changes of the length given above.If it works out like it did during the last days, I will finish working on the DVD before May 10th.Then the master DVD will be sent to a film laboratory to produce the copies. That will take some more days. We will keep you posted about the relase date ... :balloon:*******************************Ich habe euch ja zur Produktion der DVD ein Update versprochen. Hier ist es:Über die Osterfeiertage konnte ich etliche Clips fertigstellen. INHALT

[*]Intro___[00:59]

[*]Session 1 (mit allen Gästen)__[48:50]

[*]Impressionen der Sportwagen___[01:11]

[*]MiamiVice Quiz____[04:10]

[*]Impressionen der Fanartikel [noch nicht fertig___vermutlich_02:00]

[*]FAQ___[06:21]

[*]Impressionen der Fototermine___[02:12]

[*]Interview Saundra Santiago___[10:22]

[*]Impressionen der Autogrammstunde [noch nicht fertig___vermutlich_02:00]

[*]Interview John und Mike___[08:22]

[*]Impressions of Izzy's Corner [noch nicht fertig___vermutlich_03:00]

[*]Interview mit Alex / Statement der Gäste___[02:55]

[*]Session 2 (mit allen Gästen) [noch nicht fertig___vermutlich_35:00 to 40:00]Bonus tracks:

[*]Mike zu den Kostümbeschreibungen (noch nicht fertig)

[*]John trägt eine von Switek's Hosen :-) (noch nicht fertig)

[*]... (vielleicht noch weitere Clips)

[*]Auflösung MV Quiz___[01:35]

[*]DVD-Trailer___[01:16]

Die Gesamtzeit wird irgendwo zwischen 2:15h und 2:30h liegen.Natürlich kann es an den oben genannten zeiten noch geringfügige Änderungen geben.Wenn es so weitergeht wie in den letzten Tagen, kann ich die DVD bis zum 10. Mai fertigstellen. Dann wird die Master-DVD natürlich noch ins Kopierwek geschickt, um die Kopien zu erstellen. Das wird nochmal ein paar Tagen in Aspruch nehmen.Wir halten euch aber über das Datum der Veröffentlichung auf dem Laufenden ... :balloon:

• Administrators
DONE! :balloon:I just finished the last part of the DVD and the menu.Here's the list of contents:01. Intro [00:59]02. Session 1 [48:50]03. Sports Cars [01:11]04. Quiz [04:11]05. Fan Shop [01:22]06. FAQ [06:22]07. Photo Session [02:13]08. Saundra Santiago [10:16]09. Autograph Session [04:10]10. J. Diehl & M. Talbott [08:08]11. Izzy’s Corner [03:30]12. Comments on FTReunion [04:31]13. Session 2 [33:41]14. Bonus: Switek’s Costumes [03:28]15. Bonus: Zito’s New Pants [02:23]16. Bonus: Quiz Answers [01:35]17. Bonus: DVD Trailer [01:16]Overall time: 2hrs. 18min.I will send the master DVD to Alex tomorrow - she will do the distribution. Stay tuned! New infos here or on Alex' website! :cool:******************************************So, heute habe ich den letzten Teil der DVD und das Menü fertig stellen können. :balloon:Hier die aktuelle Inhaltsangabe:01. Intro [00:59]02. Session 1 [48:50]03. Sportwagen [01:11]04. Quiz [04:11]05. Fan Shop [01:22]06. FAQ [06:22]07. Phototermin [02:13]08. Interview Saundra Santiago [10:16]09. Autogrammstunde [04:10]10. Interview J. Diehl & M. Talbott [08:08]11. Izzy’s Corner [03:30]12. Stimmen zur FTReunion [04:31]13. Session 2 [33:41]14. Bonus: Switek’s Kostüme [03:28]15. Bonus: Zito’s neue Hosen :-) [02:23]16. Bonus: Quiz Auflösung [01:35]17. Bonus: DVD Trailer [01:16]Gesamtlaufzeit: ca. 2 Std. und 18 Min.Morgen werde ich Alex die Master-DVD zusenden. Sie wird dann den Verkauf und die Lieferung übernehmen. Neuigkeiten gibts wie immer hier oder auf Alex' Webseite!

• 2 weeks later...

I just found my dvd in the mailbox, cool, I'm so happy! :D Very nice case, will look great next to my MV collectors box! Can barely wait before I have a chance to watch it tonight!Thank you so very much ladies! :thumbsup:

I just found my dvd in the mailbox' date=' cool, I'm so happy! :D Very nice case, will look great next to my MV collectors box! Can barely wait before I have a chance to watch it tonight!Thank you so very much ladies! :thumbsup:[/quote'] You're welcome ! I hope that you'll like your DVD ! :)

I could only watch about half of it so far but it's GREAT! Very nicely done, very good quality, very good audio, I love it, I love listening to Saundra, must be so nice to actually talk to her, seems like a very friendly and gentle woman. The boys are pretty funny too :DIt looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it, Thank you so much! :thumbsup::clap:

I could only watch about half of it so far but it's GREAT! Very nicely done' date=' very good quality, very good audio, I love it, I love listening to Saundra, must be so nice to actually talk to her, seems like a very friendly and gentle woman. The boys are pretty funny too :DIt looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it, Thank you so much! :thumbsup::clap:[/quote'] Thank you Very Much !!! E.lla made a GREAT job with the DVD !! She is the best ! Saundra is very friendly and sweet ! The boys are just incredibles, funny and friendly and sweet ! It was the perfect weekend !

No, we got a Mustang Bullit limited edition, the car from knight rider (kitt) and an Delorean. For next time, I hope this time to get the daytona, and more surprises? I working on this !!

Ah I see but your on the otherside of the pond, its going to be kinda hard finding a Mcburnie replica unless you get it from the Miami Vice experience in the netherlands, if there still operational.mind you honestly their replica is kinda off to begin withand I dont know where you'd find a white or nero black mettalic left wing mirrored 86/87 testarossa with a cream interior, brown carpets and magnesium wheels, Actually you could try and go for tubbs' blue silver 64 caddie, I think there was a few brought over by a couple of americans at that time that might still be thereAfter all I know that someone imported a white 71' Hemi Cuda convertible to france when it was brand new and it was still there in 04'

• 4 weeks later...

DVD is great!I was at the French Twist reunion last April and it was so great to meet with Saundra, John and Michael in person. It was also great to meet with other fans. Now that the weekend is over I really miss the actors and other fans.Luckily I have the DVD! It was so much fun to watch the DVD and relive the whole event again. It's such a great souvenir. The whole event was taped and everything brings back memories. The music is also great, a real Miami Vice DVD. So, I am really pleased with it! Thanks for making all this possible for us fans! :-)

I was at the French Twist reunion last April and it was so great to meet with Saundra' date=' John and Michael in person. It was also great to meet with other fans. Now that the weekend is over I really miss the actors and other fans.Luckily I have the DVD! It was so much fun to watch the DVD and relive the whole event again. It's such a great souvenir. The whole event was taped and everything brings back memories. The music is also great, a real Miami Vice DVD. So, I am really pleased with it! Thanks for making all this possible for us fans! :-)[/quote']Perhaps you could post photos of you with the stars, or show off your own photos and autographs you got!

• 3 weeks later...

@alex2b, but i don't see any link to order DVD on this site. :cry:

look below the video promotion, you have a paypal's button "acheter" :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Can i still buy the first one?i click on a bit on the site and it states it's 15 euros and 2 euros postage?is that correct?thanks.

Yup. I just talked to Alex - it's still availabe. By the way - there is just one DVD. The one from FTR I ... so far ...:balloon:

OK thank you!I'm going to order it and watch it with a friend.The music on the website link is so cool.edit-anyone know the song?i need to own it

I think that music is done by one of our very own members, Peter Guja. Not sure which track you listened to, or what it's called, so I suggest that you contact Peter personally via PM, and ask him the question! :thumbsup::thumbsup: