Why did you choose this forum name?

bluepearl

In recent weeks I have discovered so many different names of the Forum members (and some are still a little bit better than the other) that I wonder what were you thinking, just as you mentioned? Have you just taken your first name? Have you installed elements of your favorite episode? The favorite actors find it in your name? Have you thought this spontaneous decision or long? The MV-music finds in your name? Or is your name in any registered forum just the same?Oh, there are dozens :eek: of possibilities.Some names mean you recognize what you have thinking, but maybe I'm lying with my assumption so completely wrong. Demonstrates me the contrary. I will also like to make the beginning ...... When I had decided in early February it here to join want to (good decision!) I was first standing before the inevitable question: "How do you call yourself ? For me, it should definitely have something to do with MV.When I sniffed as a guest of the forum, it has always been there, what I thought up myself, or at least... very similar. "So what?" said Zeus. "Well, since you'll have to dig deeper into your bag of tricks" was the reply. I remembered that I was at leaving school in 1988 to celebrate my niece and then they could not be missing the obligatory theatrical performance by a graduating class. "Oh no :rolleyes:" I thought "how boring ....:sleep:"But it turned out better than expected.This senior class has played for us a self-written (!) Miami Vice episode -according to the time- . All were present: Gina, Trudy, Zito, Switek, Crockett, Tubbs, Izzy, and of course Noogie and Castillo (if you saw him - Magnificent!). At stage was a typical street in Miami (bars, pubs, snack bars, shops, etc.) at night. The perfect music has not been missing. So, and now I am finally at the point where I want to go. One of these bar's named bluepearl.Some of these young people had created this logo made ​​of tin foil, Glitter and Rhinestone in a particularly beautiful blue. Crazy written swinging great, indirectly illuminated, just above the imaginary front door, so that he really beaming. I could not during the whole Presentation ​​my eyes of this logo.The performance was really good and I'm always happy to thought back to that nice hour. What these young people put on its feet, with what enthusiasm and accuracy it had taken place, was great. In the fever that had attacked us all still at the time in the eighties, it was really a blast! It's a shame, that I can not tell this now to the hobbyist of the bluepearl-logo . He deserved it! And therefore the question: Is there with you even a deeper meaning or reason for your choice ? Let's go, please write down (if you want ;)). I'm very excited.This article is already running in the German forum. There was a request to open it in the English forum too. It seems, they want to know also your stories ...(I have therefore attempted here with my bumpy English, I hope you can understand it :o)

I´d decided to use my second first name because I like this name more than the other one, Petra.I think that some of the other members (when I´d signed on first) might have thought that my choice had had something to do with Christine von Marburg, but I think that most of you know now that I´m a huge PMT fan.

In recent weeks I have discovered so many different names of the Forum members (and some are still a little bit better than the other) that I wonder what were you thinking' date=' just as you mentioned? And therefore the question: Is there with you even a deeper meaning or reason for your choice ? Let's go, please write down (if you want ;)). I'm very excited.This article is already running in the German forum. There was a request to open it in the English forum too. It seems, they want to know also your stories ...(I have therefore attempted here with my bumpy English, I hope you can understand it :o)[/quote'] Your English is very good, Bluepearl! It was interesting to hear how you came up with your forum name.To continue with the thread, when I joined a now-defunct MV site, I had to come up with a name. As I share the same hair colouring as Caroline and I wouldn't have minded being Sonny's wife (even if they did divorce) I chose her name but as it was already being used, I added the UK tag.Who's next for their explanation?

My forum name 2morgen means 2morrow in English.I choose this name because to me I live today but tomorrow brings hope and a new start.

Now I´ve learned something new because I thought that your name had something to do with the unit of measurement. Now it makes sense.

My forum name 2morgen means 2morrow in English.I choose this name because to me I live today but tomorrow brings hope and a new start.

That is really really good :clap:! What a fantastic :balloon: way of life. I think that's absolutely wonderful :thumbsup: to get over EVERY day :thumbsup:.

Your English is very good' date=' Bluepearl![/quote']Thanks, I am very pleased and reassured me immensely :happy:.
I had to come up with a name. As I share the same hair colouring as Caroline and I wouldn't have minded being Sonny's wife (even if they did divorce) I chose her name but as it was already being used' date=' I added the UK tag.Who's next for their explanation?[/quote'] Hihi, :happy: it's cute .... :thumbsup:Dreams :balloon: are always allowed, right ;)?

Dreams :balloon: are always allowed' date=' right ;)?[/quote']Dreams sometimes help us to escape from reality. They push us forward, and if it´s possible that one comes true, it makes us very happy!And the best is: Dreams are for free!

• Administrators

My choice of username began way back in 1999 when I first joined a site called vicefiles.com It was my favorite site but I soon realized that there were no upgrades happening and the site eventually went under from lack of interest by the site admin. From there I found .org and eventually ended up here. When it came to choosing a username I definitely wanted something Vice related and I remember trying several different names, all of which were taken. I just kept on typing different names in and Ferrariman was the one that was accepted but I've had the same username on all 3 sites.

I knew I wanted something the seemed specific to Vice, but didn't want to just take a character's name. The name I went with, a pun on the play "The Iceman Cometh," popped into my head and I liked how it also spoke to my love of language and words. It had extra meaning, too, since I'd lurked for so long on org and it did feel like an arrival to finally join the conversation.

• Administrators
My choice of username began way back in 1999 when I first joined a site called vicefiles.com It was my favorite site but I soon realized that there were no upgrades happening and the site eventually went under from lack of interest by the site admin. From there I found .org and eventually ended up here. When it came to choosing a username I definitely wanted something Vice related and I remember trying several different names' date=' all of which were taken. I just kept on typing different names in and Ferrariman was the one that was accepted.[/quote']I sense a reoccurring theme here. ;)

• Administrators

Yes, admins who don't give a damn about the sites they create! 2 people immediately come to mind! For that matter, so do wooden shoes! ;)

Well for me, it was pretty simple and pays tribute to what i consider the ALL TIME GREATEST MV episode of the show's run."Evan"

• Administrators

wooden shoes! ;)

From de french, "Sabot".At least we know we have three admins here that give a damn and work together to keep things updated and running smooth. :thumbsup:

My username came from DJ. In 1990 when Don was in San Francisco for the OPT race, he appeared on a local daytime show called, "People Are Talking." When we found out he was going to be on the show, we got tickets to the show and managed to sit in the front row. During a commercial break, Don looked over at us and said, "What are you..my angels?" We said "Yes!" :D By that time, he had seen us in Miami when we went there in 87, 88, 89 to see filming of Miami Vice. Also, "Dead Bang" and "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" filming in L.A. Since then, we are DJ Angels :happy:

My username came from DJ. In 1990 when Don was in San Francisco for the OPT race' date=' he appeared on a local daytime show called, "People Are Talking." When we found out he was going to be on the show, we got tickets to the show and managed to sit in the front row. During a commercial break, Don looked over at us and said, "What are you..my angels?" We said "Yes!" :D By that time, he had seen us in Miami when we went there in 87, 88, 89 to see filming of Miami Vice. Also, "Dead Bang" and "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" filming in L.A. Since then, we are DJ Angels :happy:[/quote'] That's pretty cool. I thought you merged your nick between Vice (DJ) and angel from Nash Bridges.For myself, one of my favorite episodes is Smuggler's Blues with Glenn Frey guest starring.

That's pretty cool. I thought you merged your nick between Vice (DJ) and angel from Nash Bridges.For myself' date=' one of my favorite episodes is Smuggler's Blues with Glenn Frey guest starring.[/quote']Smuggler's Blues is also one of my favorite episodes :thumbsup:

My forum name alleycat is a nickname a friend gave me in high school,so very long ago.It has a meaning to my real name and that I like cats.Its a name that stuck and my friend still calls me that.Its a name that means a figher,tough and takes no abuse which in life is my character.I have had to be these things,life isn't easy and its still isn't to this date.I am polish and the bird on our flag is a phoenix.I think you have all heard this the phoenix rises from the ashes.It comes down to my character of being tough in life.I would have loved to use a name that fit this forum which is MV related.I love MV very much.But decided to use this one which was unusal.

My username came from DJ. In 1990 when Don was in San Francisco for the OPT race' date=' he appeared on a local daytime show called, "People Are Talking." When we found out he was going to be on the show, we got tickets to the show and managed to sit in the front row. During a commercial break, Don looked over at us and said, "What are you..my angels?" We said "Yes!" :D By that time, he had seen us in Miami when we went there in 87, 88, 89 to see filming of Miami Vice. Also, "Dead Bang" and "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" filming in L.A. Since then, we are DJ Angels :happy:[/quote'] Wow, that's really cool! :clap:

I used a funny nickname given me by a friend who thought that I looked like a big skinny cat. :) When I registered at DJ's fansite not long before registering here, it was the first thing that came into my mind at the time... and then I decided to use the same name for this site too.

My username came from DJ. In 1990 when Don was in San Francisco for the OPT race' date=' he appeared on a local daytime show called, "People Are Talking." When we found out he was going to be on the show, we got tickets to the show and managed to sit in the front row. During a commercial break, Don looked over at us and said, "What are you..my angels?" We said "Yes!" :D By that time, he had seen us in Miami when we went there in 87, 88, 89 to see filming of Miami Vice. Also, "Dead Bang" and "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" filming in L.A. Since then, we are DJ Angels :happy:[/quote'] JokeBox on :shout:: I think that slowly you run the risk that I am a little jealous of you. JokeBox off ! How to can only in this way to get his forum name :eek:? Absolutely gorgeous :clap::thumbsup::clap:! Thanks for your answer DJAngel!

well, my name is very simple and almost boring.. should have been: IwishIwassonnysgirl. I just shortened it ;-)

JokeBox on :shout:: I think that slowly you run the risk that I am a little jealous of you. JokeBox off ! How to can only in this way to get his forum name :eek:? Absolutely gorgeous :clap::thumbsup::clap:! Thanks for your answer DJAngel!

You are welcome :)