FASTLANE

Spider

Hallo Leute, habe erst seit einigen Tagen die Möglichkeit gehabt, mir die Serie FASTLANE anschauen zu können. Man merkt zwar deutlich, das Miami Vice ihr "geistiger Vater" ist, doch gerade das gefällt mir. Einer der Threads im Forum heißt in etwa...wie würde MV in den 90ern aussehen?" Auch wenn FASTLANE aus den Jahren 2002/2003 stammt - sie würde genau so aussehen. Wer die Serie kennt, dem wird, wie mir, wohl auch aufgefallen sein, das viele Undercoverstorys an einige VICE-Folgen erinnern. Ich glaube allerdings, das sich dieser Umstand gerade bei Undercover-Themen nie ganz ausschließen läßt. Vorallem gefallen, haben mir die witzigen Wortgefechte der beiden Hauptdarsteller. Ebenso sehenswert ist Tiffany Thiessen (bekannt aus BH 90210) als derren Vorgesetzte. In einigen Punkten unterscheidet sich FL schon von VICE - die Musik ist mehr Hip-Hop lastig und Pastellfarbene Sakkos sucht man ebenso vergebens. Ansonsten ist FL wesentlich "schneller" geschnitten und gerade die diversen "Matrix"-Effekte, Splitscreens etc. machen den eigenen Reiz dieser Serie aus. Leider wurde die Serie nach bereits einer Staffel wieder eingestellt, da (Parallelen zu VICE!) die Produktionskosten mit 2,6 Millionen Dollar pro Folge (!) enorm hoch waren. Wirklich verstehen kann ich persönlich jedoch nicht, warum FL nicht genügend Fans fand. Ich habe zwar erst 9 der insgesamt 22 Folgen Folgen gesehen, doch die waren allesamt spannend und eigenständig. Jede Menge Action, guter Humor und geile Optik. Bitte nicht falsch verstehen - mein Herz wird immer VICE beinhalten, da ich ohnehin großer 80er Fan bin, doch FASTLANE ist genau das richtige für all diejenigen, welche sich wünschen, das es einen zeitgemäßen Nachfolger gibt. Schade, das eben dieser auch schon der Geschichte angehört.

• 1 year later...

I must agree with you: im a Miami Vice fan, but i simply LOOOOOOVE Fastlane. Unhopefully only lasted one season because it was very expensive. Well, maybe Fastlane budget would be better for movie/cinema instead a TV show.In many cases ppl said it was created as a MV tribute.Its MV upgraded to the 2000´s but in L.A. Great chemistry between the cast, great camera shots, good episodes, great cars, wonderful babes, great music. Ok, Vice was a ground breaking show, but the whole package looks kinda naif today.Let me express it again: i still love Vice but let me put the prejudice away - Fastlane was a very good show too.

I don't know if I have any photos with Facinelli or Bill Bellamy. Or Tiffani Thiessen. I'll have to look in my big box of photos. I def. don't have any digital pics.Facinelli was very, very serious about his work during the pilot shoot and you could tell he was under alot of pressure from his wife (Jenny Garth from Beverly HIlls 90210). Bellamy was always easy going and Thiessen was very cool. I just didn't think to have my photo taken with them I guess since I saw them pretty much every day and it would have been a little awkward.That pic of me with Paul Gleason and Isaac Hayes was sort of a last minute thing...the director's assistant knew I was/am a huge Vice fan and I think I told her how excited I was to see Paul Gleason. And Isaac Hayes is, well, Isaac Hayes. That photo was taken near the end of the pilot shoot at LA Center Studios. Alot of stuff is shot there. It used to be the Union Oil of California (Unical) headquarters and now it's a studio.That room I'm in used to be a computer room of some kind. If you watch the pilot, I believe that room was used to shoot the scene where Isaac Hayes goes after Facinelli (Van) for losing the money from the teaser.

I don't know if I have any photos with Facinelli or Bill Bellamy. Or Tiffani Thiessen. I'll have to look in my big box of photos. I def. don't have any digital pics.Facinelli was very' date=' very serious about his work during the pilot shoot and you could tell he was under alot of pressure from his wife (Jenny Garth from Beverly HIlls 90210). Bellamy was always easy going and Thiessen was very cool. I just didn't think to have my photo taken with them I guess since I saw them pretty much every day and it would have been a little awkward.That pic of me with Paul Gleason and Isaac Hayes was sort of a last minute thing...the director's assistant knew I was/am a huge Vice fan and I think I told her how excited I was to see Paul Gleason. And Isaac Hayes is, well, Isaac Hayes. That photo was taken near the end of the pilot shoot at LA Center Studios. Alot of stuff is shot there. It used to be the Union Oil of California (Unical) headquarters and now it's a studio.That room I'm in used to be a computer room of some kind. If you watch the pilot, I believe that room was used to shoot the scene where Isaac Hayes goes after Facinelli (Van) for losing the money from the teaser.[/quote']Hey Charlie! Thx about the info! Yes I think its the same room too. :) Well, I think i would be under pressure if i have to work with "Cassidy" if i would be married too lol.