DON JOHNSON'S DIRECTOR CHAIR! (USED ON THE SET OF MIAMI VICE)

COOPER&BURNETT

Here's all three of my director's chair backings together!(What do you think these are worth?)Eingefügtes Bild

I've seen director chair canvas backings for TV and Movie stars go for a lot of money. Some asking prices are extreme.I seriously wonder what these are worth?The two top stars, and a co star director chair from an extremely popular TV show that made many TV history firsts. They are rare (they are the only ones in that style that exist), and were personal, as each TV star touched, and sat in it. More likely he was in the chair on the set more often then they were out of it. It's an extremely personal item that has thier name on it.I think as a group, they would be worth something.........I wonder what they are worth?

In my opinion, they´re priceless because they´re uique. Nobody else owns something similar. I think you must be very proud to own all these fantasic items, Coop, and we´re all very happy that you share them with us.:happy:

To cool for words. I got to admit if I were DJ I would of took this with me.:cool:

Perhaps he took the season 1 chair backing, and the directors chair backing.When season 5 ended, there wasn't much fanfare, and there most likely was a lot of things to do when moving on, it most likely was not high on his list of things.I think I'm going to buy two directors chairs, and have the DON JOHNSON and PHILIP MICHAEL THOMAS chairs next to each other (in my room made especially just for vice clothes.) Perhaps, I'll put a Vice crew jacket folded on one of the chairs, and a real Vice script on the other! What a great focal point for the room. That would make one cool display!!!

To cool for words. I got to admit if I were DJ I would of took this with me.:cool:
I hope I've understood this answer now correctly... :rolleyes: If so' date=' this is exactly what I had today been thinking. [i'](Good thing he did not do it, because where it is now, it is in safe hands better ;);) .) But that I should have taken with me too. Now I'm even a "hunter and collector" but at least has someone else as I thought about it.(So then I'm not quite so crazy.)

Perhaps he took the season 1 chair backing' date=' and the directors chair backing.When season 5 ended' date=' there wasn't much fanfare, and there most likely was a lot of things to do when moving on, it most likely was not high on his list of things.[/quote'']
I hope I've understood this answer now correctly... :rolleyes: If so' date=' this is exactly what I had today been thinking. [i'](Good thing he did not do it, because where it is now, it is in safe hands better ;);) .) But that I should have taken with me too. Now I'm even a "hunter and collector" but at least has someone else as I thought about it.(So then I'm not quite so crazy.)
Don most likely has the other two director chairs.

1. Ooops :eek: ! Anyone who can read, is in a clear advantage.

Don most likely has the other two director chairs.

2. Okay, that would explain (and we have not located so wrong.)Thank you very much, Coop !! :clap::thumbsup::clap:

1. Ooops :eek: ! Anyone who can read' date=' is in a clear advantage. 2. Okay, that would explain (and we have not located so wrong.)Thank you very much, Coop !! :clap::thumbsup::clap:[/quote']Your very welcome!! :thumbsup:

Perhaps he took the season 1 chair backing' date=' and the directors chair backing.When season 5 ended, there wasn't much fanfare, and there most likely was a lot of things to do when moving on, it most likely was not high on his list of things.I think I'm going to buy two directors chairs, and have the DON JOHNSON and PHILIP MICHAEL THOMAS chairs next to each other (in my room made especially just for vice clothes.) Perhaps, I'll put a Vice crew jacket folded on one of the chairs, and a real Vice script on the other! What a great focal point for the room. That would make one cool display!!![/quote'] I wish I could see it!It would great!

I wish I could see it!It would great!

Well, you WILL see it if I can find the right kind of Directors chair for them. They make all sorts of directors chairs, but I don't think this canvas backing will fit all of them. Plus, I would want to try to find the canvas seat that would be somewhat close to the same color as the canvas seat backing to make it look like it matched.The really good directors chairs are expensive. I'd hate to order one, have it arrive, and the canvas chair backing not fit. I'd like to try it out first.

This is really awesome Coop, considering that it's the one he had for most of the series. Since DJ didn't take it, it's great that you have possession of it :thumbsup:

This is really awesome Coop' date=' considering that it's the one he had for most of the series. Since DJ didn't take it, it's great that you have possession of it :thumbsup:[/quote']Thanks pal! In my possession, I'll share photos, and information about it with you, and everyone, and it's got good company in a large MIAMI VICE collection, where it will be protected, and preserved with the dignity it deserves.I enjoy sharing with you, as much as you like seeing these items.This site has the classiest group of members on the web.

Well' date=' you WILL see it if I can find the right kind of Directors chair for them. They make all sorts of directors chairs, but I don't think this canvas backing will fit all of them. Plus, I would want to try to find the canvas seat that would be somewhat close to the same color as the canvas seat backing to make it look like it matched.The really good directors chairs are expensive. I'd hate to order one, have it arrive, and the canvas chair backing not fit. I'd like to try it out first.[/quote']After looking at the chairs, it appears that the chairs that they used had a little foot stand.

After looking at the chairs' date=' it appears that the chairs that they used had a little foot stand.[/quote'] Jeese, these chairs are expensive. If I get two of these types to put the canvas seat backings on them, they will cost me over $400.00!(Maybe I'll buy a less expensive chair to display them on!:p:))

Great thread Coop! I guess a lot of people envy you...at least I do!

Thanks Marilyn! :oYour cool.

Jeese' date=' these chairs are expensive. If I get two of these types to put the canvas seat backings on them, they will cost me over $400.00!(Maybe I'll buy a less expensive chair to display them on!:p:))[/quote'] That espensice:eek:Well a less expensive chair would do also to my opion.

That espensice:eek:Well a less expensive chair would do also to my opion.

Absolutely. It is just an example of the original chairs anyway...for them you could spend 400 bucks:) but for look a likes, less expensive ones will do fine!

• 3 weeks later...
Absolutely. It is just an example of the original chairs anyway...for them you could spend 400 bucks:) but for look a likes' date=' less expensive ones will do fine![/quote']Eventually, I'll get cheap director chairs just to display all three. I don't need more expensive ones, as nobody will even be looking at the chairs, but the name on the canvas backing, right?. It sure would make a magnificent, and one of a kind display!