Location Trivia Level One

miamijimf

The prison escapees stop on this street to go in the store, I think?   :p

This episode was always a tough one for me to watch...it's pretty violent.  

• Like 1

The prison escapees stop on this street to go in the store, I think?   :p

This episode was always a tough one for me to watch...it's pretty violent.  

Great guess - Ill let Jim confirm !! :D

768px

Correct Susanna.  This was Miami's oldest bar.  I was there last July before it was torn down.  The good news is that it is reopening in about 6 months at a nearby location with lots of the old furniture etc.

https://vimeo.com/109871186

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

Correct Susanna.  This was Miami's oldest bar.  I was there last July before it was torn down.  The good news is that it is reopening in about 6 months at a nearby location with lots of the old furniture etc.

I wont take credit for the episode Susanna ha ha  :D  :)  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:  :radio:

• Like 1

Here's an easy one for beginning sleuths please.  Need episode and scene.

wpcf2196be

Edited by miamijimf

I still can't believe they tore this unique old bar down...it's a crying shame. Anyway, back on topic.  

• 1 year later...

Wow thanks Susanna I had forgotten about this thread since I last posted here in April 2015.  This is reportedly the oldest building in the US not built by Native Americans.  In one scene here you see Gina dressed as a Nun sitting in a stone chair.

Aha!  I found it!  (Thank you for the great clue Jim!)

It's The Monastery of St. Bernard de Clairvaux.  Used in the episode Forgive Us Our Debts.  

monastery2.jpg

Do I get a gold star?  :)   

EDIT:  I forgot to mention the scene is with Crockett and Castillo meet with a priest.  

Edited by Susanna Girl

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:59 AM, Susanna Girl said:

Aha!  I found it!  (Thank you for the great clue Jim!)

It's The Monastery of St. Bernard de Clairvaux.  Used in the episode Forgive Us Our Debts.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention the scene is with Crockett and Castillo meet with a priest.  

Very cool...I had to look this one up. Turns out this was a building from Spain built in the 1100s that was purchased, disassembled and shipped to the US in the early 1900s for reassembly. The disassembled stones changed hands several times before ending up in Miami.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:12 PM, miamijimf said:

Ya makes me think of the famous quote, "If Miami doesn't have it, nobody's thought of it yet."

and said by DeMarco to Tubbs in One Eyed Jack ;):)

• Like 1

On 15/10/2016 at 1:12 AM, miamijimf said:

Ya makes me think of the famous quote, "If Miami doesn't have it, nobody's thought of it yet."

It's s great location Jim :D

• 6 months later...

This is almost too easy but I had to post it.  It's one of my favorite singers and favorite tunes.  Gloria has had a lot to do with saving the Miami Marine Stadium and I hope she gets involved in saving other Miami landmarks.  For the old timers who recognize it immediately, kindly hold off for a while and let one of our newer members or non-location experts answer it.  Thanks.  The question is:  Where in Vice do we see this neon display? 

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

This is almost too easy but I had to post it.  It's one of my favorite singers and favorite tunes.  Gloria has had a lot to do with saving the Miami Marine Stadium and I hope she gets involved in saving other Miami landmarks.  For the old timers who recognize it immediately, kindly hold off for a while and let one of our newer members or non-location experts answer it.  Thanks.  The question is:  Where in Vice do we see this neon display? 

Great song by Gloria Estefan! :radio:  This is just a guess and I'm probably wrong, but the first place that came to mind was the Calle Ocho Club in "Give a Little Take a Little"?

• Like 2

Your mind is good summer, you are exactly right.  Great Miami song but kinda goofy video.  Hope Mr. Neon got some residuals.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In which episode do we see this house?

P1000835.jpg

I might have been the last Vicer to ever lay eyes on this house, as it appears to be due for demolition.

P1000837b.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1