Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

• 2 months later...

These shots are from a 2012 movie Step up Revolution filmed in Miami.  These two characters are standing relatively close to where a Vice character was standing.  In the second screen shot the Vice character was on the lower bridge on the right.  What was the Vice episode and what was going on in the Vice scene?

PDVD_001jpg.jpg

PDVD_000jpg.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, airtommy said:

If I'm right about this, you and DanJ sussed this out on foot, didn't you?

Don't remember if we found it on foot or by using Google Earth.  Just take a stab at it.  No pun intended - but it does have a connection with the episode.

Looks like Definitely Miami, where C&T are waiting for the limo with Clemente to arrive, or maybe that was Castillo, but the bridge was under construction. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

3 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Looks like Definitely Miami, where C&T are waiting for the limo with Clemente to arrive, or maybe that was Castillo, but the bridge was under construction. 

I like this guess.  That was the Rickenbacker Causeway to Key Biscayne, as you say under construction.  Very similar look and feel.

Jim's photo is on the old bridge to the Port of Miami.

1 hour ago, airtommy said:

I like this guess.  That was the Rickenbacker Causeway to Key Biscayne, as you say under construction.  Very similar look and feel.

Thanks airtommy. I was going from episode memory as I have never done location touring in Miami, but I certainly want to. 

• 4 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, airtommy said:

So....this guess is correct I presume?  Just wondering....:)

14 minutes ago, Susanna Girl said:

So....this guess is correct I presume?  Just wondering....:)

No, the guess was wrong.  It's the short bridge from downtown Miami to the Port of Miami (Dodge Island) where Cat screams "Jackie, I love you!" in "Little Miss Dangerous".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is a 1980s photo of Ocean Drive - the question relates to the Avalon Hotel. 

We see part of the front of the hotel (not from The Majestic or Imperial)  - name the episode  and scene please -:hippie:

6403FC39-AD78-4DF5-84B5-F9ABF607C200.jpeg

Edited by Matt5

We see The Avalon flash by as Crockett is chasing The Savage by car in the episode of the same name. Is that the one you had in mind?

34 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

We see The Avalon flash by as Crockett is chasing The Savage by car in the episode of the same name. Is that the one you had in mind?

Congrats that is exactly the scene I was thinking of set to The Damned’s “Anything”:hippie:

• Like 2

Is that from a exterior shot in Bushido?

Castillo's talking to someone and says "you must care about something...you look nervous.."

5 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Is that from a exterior shot in Bushido?

Castillo's talking to someone and says "you must care about something...you look nervous.."

Good guess but not correct :hippie:

Very interesting photo especially the name of the sign! The Molino Rojo was an establishing shot of a bar where Arturo Oribe tried to get intel on the drug freighter from "Borrasca"! (The interior was shot in Paris Moderne club).  I thought that bar would be an archive shot from LA as usual.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Very interesting photo especially the name of the sign! The Molino Rojo was an establishing shot of a bar where Arturo Oribe tried to get intel on the drug freighter from "Borrasca"! (The interior was shot in Paris Moderne club).  I thought that bar would be an archive shot from LA as usual.

Correct! Well done Tom :thumbsup:

vor einer Stunde schrieb Matt5:

Correct! Well done Tom :thumbsup:

Not so fast Matt :p ...where is that bar (I just know it's in Miami/FL according to 305 area code)and how did you find it?

Edited by Tom

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Not so fast Matt :p ...where is that bar (I just know it's in Miami/FL according to 305 area code)and how did you find it?

The bar was mentioned on Jeremy’s site however was not confirmed 100% - considering the name and what I saw when I visited I thought it must be it ?! However not 100% on this one...

446 SW8th St, Miami.

Edited by Matt5

Thanks, great find and a tough one as it seems closed now and looks different (was a hip front with neon sign in the episode)!