Sign in to follow this  
Ferrariman

Episode #54 "Streetwise"

TheGreatMcCarthy    53
TheGreatMcCarthy

Not a fan of the Don Johnson "Rap" song in the beginning even though Trudy does sing on the actual record. I do enjoy this episode though especially all the shots of Old Collins Ave with all the seedy elements. Its so different now, much cleaner but too expensive. I prefer the Old Miami Beach of my youth. Wesley Snipes and Bill Paxton were great and the storyline was interesting. Always cool to see the "Stunt" Testarossa ! You can always tell with the difference by the rims on the car. I gave it a 7/10.

MVfan    2
MVfan

Is the actress who played Vic Romano's wife the same actress who played Julia in The Lost Madonna?

Pink Flaming0    123
Pink Flaming0

Is the actress who played Vic Romano's wife the same actress who played Julia in The Lost Madonna?

Elizabeth Berridge played Julia Scianti in The Lost Madonna. Her one and only appearance on Vice.

ViceFanMan    198
ViceFanMan

This one's a pretty cool episode to watch...one I like viewing each time. Wesley Snipes and Bill Paxton are awesome guest-stars, and Snipes makes the perfect "Silk"! His fashion in this one was off the charts 80's pimp. :)But the fashion, with Trudy & Gina's clothes, to everyone else was awesome! The style really seemed to sizzle in this one too, as the lighting and the colors for backgrounds were superb! :glossy:The action was pretty cool too, with gun fights, car chases, fist fights, etc... Then you have continual witty dialogue for everyone involved...as it was a Vice case that took them right into the middle of 80's seamy/seedy Miami. :eek:Love the cars in this one as well, with Crockett's Testarossa--and I think a stunt one was definitely used during some of it, but I especially love Silk's "Teal-Mobile"...an old 1976 Pontiac Gran Prix, that if one was ever painted in the "MV" color scheme this is it! :D Here's a pic: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7863[/ATTACH]Silk's 1976 Pontiac Gran Prix--most likely with a Michael Mann paint job. ;)Overall a good "seedy" Vice episode, and with the action, cars, humor, but especially because of the style and colors...I gave it a 7! :clap:

post-483-13892965546258_thumb.jpg

Vincent Hanna    484
Vincent Hanna

Not bad.This has some of my favourite moments, These guys try to run over crockett so he rolls over his testerossa, shoots them and they crash into this motor home thing.What's the tall building called with the 3 tiers and it's lit in a whitey-blue colour?There's a scene where C&Ts have Bill Paxton and his hooker gf, and there's a shot through the window, you the building and their reflection on the window, It looks awesome.Im not a fan of the intro with the hokie DJ song, It's almost embarrassing.

ViceFanMan    198
ViceFanMan
Not bad.This has some of my favourite moments' date=' These guys try to run over crockett so he rolls over his testerossa, shoots them and they crash into this motor home thing.What's the tall building called with the 3 tiers and it's lit in a whitey-blue colour?There's a scene where C&Ts have Bill Paxton and his hooker gf, and there's a shot through the window, you the building and their reflection on the window, It looks awesome.Im not a fan of the intro with the hokie DJ song, It's almost embarrassing.[/quote']The intro song by DJ was kind of wild or even "odd"...but it was also humorous too--especially with Trudy! :) She helped "make" that scene and it wasn't too bad. But, I liked this one okay...good action and car scenes:
This one's a pretty cool episode to watch...one I like viewing each time. Wesley Snipes and Bill Paxton are awesome guest-stars' date=' and Snipes makes the perfect "Silk"! His fashion in this one was off the charts 80's pimp. :)But the fashion, with Trudy & Gina's clothes, to everyone else was awesome! The style really seemed to sizzle in this one too, as the lighting and the colors for backgrounds were superb! :glossy:The action was pretty cool too, with gun fights, car chases, fist fights, etc... Then you have continual witty dialogue for everyone involved...as it was a Vice case that took them right into the middle of 80's seamy/seedy Miami. :eek:Love the cars in this one as well, with Crockett's Testarossa--and I think a stunt one was definitely used during some of it, but I especially love Silk's "Teal-Mobile"...an old 1976 Pontiac Gran Prix, that if one was ever painted in the "MV" color scheme this is it! :D Here's a pic: [ATTACH=CONFIG']7863[/ATTACH]Silk's 1976 Pontiac Gran Prix--most likely with a Michael Mann paint job. ;)Overall a good "seedy" Vice episode, and with the action, cars, humor, but especially because of the style and colors...I gave it a 7! :clap:

Matt5    1,919
Matt5

Pure 80s - although not as fluffy as some of the season 1 -2 episodes . 

Loved Deborah J Adair as Carla = very nice  :D  :done:  :fireworks:

Armani84    8
Armani84

Just finished watching this one again- I really have a soft spot for it. A good story, fairly gritty and with a really downbeat ending; plus the fashion is good in this ep, Trudy looks stunning and Crockett's blazer is good too (style and colour wise I'm guessing Versace?). I'll give it an 8/10 as it's not a classic, but a personal favourite.

DeepCover333    186
DeepCover333

After a rather off-beat perhaps ill-conceived intro that threatens to give us "Miami Vice: The Musical", this episode actually settles into some classic enjoyable territory. Guest star Bill Paxton delivers a somewhat lethargic performance, but I accept it in the mindset that he is burnt out, over the edge and I'd like to think his character was actually on some medication. Snipes is fun to watch in such an early career performance. Great job all around from our beloved cast. Trudy, Gina both look great, and likewise Deb Adair who does a nice job and is quite intriguing with her Carla character. The dining scene with Tubbs and Carla always gets to me, I'm relieved when he finally pulls out his badge. 

Great shoot out action sequence near the end, yet it reminds me of the issue I have with many of these...they are too short! I know it was difficult to pack so much into less than 50 minutes of show time, but I would love to have seen many of these extended a bit. The "fake" Testarossa is amusing to see. Many great shots in this, vibrant color and lighting. I'll give it a 7, replace the musical intro with a more somber or danger filled scene of life on the street and a definite 8 would be in order.

• Like 2

Remington    127
Remington

Damn Carla was sexy.

Anyway, this is a decent episode. Its one of those that I gotta be in the right mood for.

Bill Paxton, RIP, got better as he got older. Snipes was brilliant.

Gina and Tudy are on fire.

Love pimpin Tubbs in this one.

LOVE the shot of C and T talking while overlooking the city at night.

The ending was a little predictable with Paxton dying. That was the problem with S3. It had to have a gloomy ending.After a while, you just saw it coming. 

7/10