43' Endeavour For Sale

timm525

Actually, that's a pretty low price. It's not even $100,000.There are cars that cost a lot more than that.

This is what is referred to as a "Ketch" as the second mast is in front of the wheel house. You could also say its a "catch" as the boat looks to be in great shape for it's age and well kept!(ok you can stop groaning now...)It would be a bit more difficult to sail alone, but not impossible. The boat Crocket had was a single mast and was a 42'.The pics of the interior are very nice and the inside of the boat must be very roomy???

This is what is referred to as a "Ketch" as the second mast is behind the wheel house. You could also say its a "catch" as the boat looks to be in great shape for it's age and well kept!(ok you can stop groaning now...)It would be a bit more difficult to sail alone' date=' but not impossible. The boat Crocket had was a single mast.The pics of the interior are very nice and the inside of the boat must be very roomy???[/quote']Dude, ...buy it. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

I knew it wasn't quite the same but how many Endeavours in that size and year are out there today? Not many.I'd love to sell my house and all my crap and buy a sailboat like this and live on it.

I knew it wasn't quite the same but how many Endeavours in that size and year are out there today? Not many.I'd love to sell my house and all my crap and buy a sailboat like this and live on it.

are you serious ? you mean living like Crockett :)

Dude' date=' ...buy it. :thumbsup:[/quote'] Sorry Coop...going to have a bit of trouble keeping fuel in the 390X so this summer will be a bit tight!

Sorry Coop...going to have a bit of trouble keeping fuel in the 390X so this summer will be a bit tight!

Money is tight for nearly everyone. I do plan to spend some money on stuff I want, but I got lucky. Buying the boat, shipping it to California, and putting it in the Pacific (and finding a dock) is just too much work for me. Nice price, but it's on the other end of the U.S.. Someone else will have to be the lucky owner.

Ship it? It is a sail boat' date=' you sail it home. :)[/quote'] How? Through the Panama Canal??? :D

• Administrators

How? Through the Panama Canal??? :D

I was thinking you could go down under Argentina. It would be a nice cruise. :thumbsup:

I was thinking you could go down under Argentina. It would be a nice cruise. :thumbsup:

Can you imagine how much money it would cost in lost wages, food, and jeeze...the time it would take for the travel. :) Doesn't look like much of a deal anymore. :)

Deal smeal' date=' it's an adventure and a vacation.[/quote']If you finance it, I'll take the adventure and vacation. :);)

I am wracking my brain whether to move to another city or what.It won't happen until the fall I think.Decision,Decisions.I was already deciding whether to move my stuff or donate and get rid of everything.I would only have my car and my three cats.A friend told me why don't you buy the boat.Nobody knows me here.But could you imagine me and my three cats on this boat,that would be interesting.If I wanted to move somewhere just sail away.I don't know how my cats would feel,they would have fun I guess with the fish.

Going through Panama would be cool and doing the Cape Horn would be even more dangerous!A guy and his wife from my marina left last september to do the "Great Circle" I haven't heard from them yet, and I am a bit worried hearing about the exsessive rains and the Mississippi flooding.Sorry...for those of you that don't know the great cirlce it is going throught the great lakes to Chicago and into the canal system over to the southern branches along the Mississippi and then around Florida and north along the Intercoastal Waterway to NYC and up the Hudson to the Erie Barge Canal back to Oswego in Lake Ontario and home.....They should be home this summer sometime...hopefully?:thumbsup:Sailing the Endeavour would be easy along a voyage like either one described......................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to dream!

• 10 months later...
Going through Panama would be cool and doing the Cape Horn would be even more dangerous!A guy and his wife from my marina left last september to do the "Great Circle" I haven't heard from them yet' date=' and I am a bit worried hearing about the exsessive rains and the Mississippi flooding.Sorry...for those of you that don't know the great cirlce it is going throught the great lakes to Chicago and into the canal system over to the southern branches along the Mississippi and then around Florida and north along the Intercoastal Waterway to NYC and up the Hudson to the Erie Barge Canal back to Oswego in Lake Ontario and home.....They should be home this summer sometime...hopefully?:thumbsup:Sailing the Endeavour would be easy along a voyage like either one described......................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to dream![/quote']Hey Stinger,I'm new to the site and have been poking around and found this post. Whatever happened to the people doing the great circle? I have some family in Hamilton, Ontario. Anywhere near you?I have a friend who went through the Panama Canal in his Formosa 41 ketch about five years ago. It took him two days just to transit. He left out of Long Beach CA, where I live, in November and got as far as BVI. He was gone for eight months, I think! and avoided hurricane season.I have a Columbia 28 sloop that I daysail around here and have been to Catalina Island of the coast here many times. I live at a marina, but not on my boat.I have actually been on an Endeavour 42, which is rare on the west coast. They are all shallow draft boats, perfect for the gulf, but completely unneccessary here. The 42 is very roomy inside, perfect to live aboard, but not the fastest. I also never much liked the look of center cockpits, but the 42 is as good looking a center cockpit as I have seen. They do look awkward with a dodger and bimini, though, as they are so high.I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures of my boat, and maybe make it my avatar.

What would be the max occupancy on the Endeavour for a multi-day trip? I should've checked out this thread earlier, she's beautiful! I'm excited about going out for a sail refresher/upgrade this July.