Hey guys!

Canes n' Pain

Hello Everyone! My name is Tyler, I’m 21 years old and I’m a huge Miami Vice fan! As of late, I’ve been harboring an increasing level of disgust concerning my own generation. I suppose I joined this forum in hopes of connecting with other fans who can actually appreciate classic television (although I must admit that “Jersey Shore” is a guilty pleasure of mine on occasion…). I am currently enrolled at the University of Houston, and you’d be shocked at how many of my peers lack basic reading and writing skills. It’s as if they couldn’t properly articulate their thoughts to save their own lives! Unfortunately, I was crippled in an accident when I was 16 years old. I will most likely be dependent on a cane and suffer from chronic pain for the rest of my life. As a result, I am often on the receiving end of “Hey look, it’s Dr. House!” jokes, hence my loathing of others. When I was in high school, I purchased the complete series box set of “Miami Vice” and viewed it religiously after class every day. I plan on re-watching them soon (most of my belongings are currently in storage due to my parent’s divorce). Watching those episodes are some of the best memories I have. Thanks for letting me join!

• Administrators

Glad to have you with us! Hopefully we can help stir up the good memories by discussing our favorite show.For the record, I'm from Jersey. Can't get into "Jersey Shore" but I love "House" (he's based in Jersey too!) ;)Let us know if you need anything!

Hey TylerA BIG warm welcome! :DIt's always refreshing to come across a younger fan who appreciates the '80s era for what it was. ;) I just recently joined, myself. The members here are friendly, informative and can string more than just a few words together! Feel free to PM me, if you want to chat some time.

DEFINITELY welcome abaord!!!Love to see newcomeers, especially the younger ones who can appreciate MV for what it is and understands it.I too was a big fan and watched the original airings on TV and have been an avid fan since. I liked it so much I bought the boat!Lots of great people here so if you hang out long enough you'll get to know the regulars and they span the globe. Lots of cool stuff to see here too so explore and have fun.Chime in and say hello often.

Welcome aboard, HomeboyI got into Miami Vice in high school, too. Although, it was when Vice was in its original run. I still watch it! Nearly an episode a night and I find something new with each episode even after seeing them all probably over a hundred times. Plan an escape every night for about an hour and see what you can find...that's what I do! And remember, it's spelled B-U-R-N-E...double T.