PM and UserCP currently not working

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

After updating vBulletin software to version 4.1.4 the pm and usercp functions are currently not working! I'm working on the problem.You can use our voice-video-chat until everthing is working fine.----Nach dem Update der vBulletin Software auf Version 4.1.4 funktionieren derzeit das Benutzerkontrollzentrum und der Posteingang (PN) nicht!! Ich arbeite am Problem.Ihr könnt zwischenzeitlich unseren Voice-Video-Chat benutzen bis alles wieder funktioniert. Ist zwar net wirklich privat, aber es tut zur Not auch.

• Administrators

Ok, now I know what causes the problem. It's our glossary. Something seems to be wrong there. As I can't solve the problem and have to trust on the developer what should we do?1. Deactivate the glossary so that pm and the other things work.2. Activate glossary and wait until the glossary problem is fixed and live without pm and usercp?--------------------------------Ich weiß jetzt, was das Problem verursacht, kann es aber selbst nicht beheben. Es ist unser Lexikon, das hier irgendwas durcheinander bringt. Da ich warten muss, bis der Entwickler den Fehler behebt bleiben uns zwei Optionen:1. das Lexikon deaktivieren, so dass PNs und der Rest läuft2. das Lexikon aktivieren und damit leben, dass PN etc. nicht funktionieren, bis der Lexikonfehler behoben ist?

Ich denke jetzt vielleicht etwas egoistisch, aber für uns, die wir uns nächstes Wochenende treffen wollen, wäre es schon besser, wenn die PNs wieder funktionierten. Ich finde, auf das Lexikon kann man mal für ein paar Tage verzichten, aber zurzeit gehen doch schon mal per PN Infos hin und her, die man nicht unbedingt öffentlich posten möchte.

I also told that I would prefer option 2. I think that most of us can forgo the glossary for a while, but for many of us PNs are very important.

I also told that I would prefer option 2. I think that most of us can forgo the glossary for a while' date=' but for many of us PNs are very important.[/quote']
Yes, I agree. Damn, this site is ADDICTIVE!!! :):)

• Administrators
Gute Entscheidung oder behobener Fehler?Ganz gleich' date=' die PNs funzen wieder - prima, gut gemacht, danke! :thumbsup::clap:[/quote']Der Fehler ist noch nicht behoben, habe mich aber für die PN entschieden.

• Administrators

Caipi,Can we go back to the way we had it before the glossary update for the 4.0 board for the time being?We had the glossary linked to the 3.0 licensed board with the forum on the 4.0 board.Pain in the butt I'm sure but would that work?My other thought is to uninstall the 4.1.4 update unless it contained security patches and wait untill the glossary plug in is updated by the folks at .org to accomodate 4.1.4.Tim

• Administrators

Unfortunately we can't uninstall vB 4.1.4 and our vB3 test forum is not working any more. But I'm trying something out with our vB4 test forum. Maybe that works.

Unfortunately we can't uninstall vB 4.1.4 and our vB3 test forum is not working any more. But I'm trying something out with our vB4 test forum. Maybe that works.

Thanks for all your efforts Chris but please remember some of us use the glossary every day for Location Trivia/GE MV filming locations etc. I also know it is used by travelers and numerous other members.

• Administrators

Thanks for all your efforts Chris but please remember some of us use the glossary every day for Location Trivia/GE MV filming locations etc. I also know it is used by travelers and numerous other members.

Hi Jim, yes, I know a lot of people use our glossary. But as we have some trouble now I have to make a decision. I'm trying everything I can to run the site as it should be. But one day only has 24 hours and there's a family, a job and a lot of other things ;)I'll do my very best, I promise.

Ditto on this...glossary is more important than PMing

I get PMs everyday, and would hate to not be able to communicate with Admins or members.

• Administrators

I have to say it's a hard choice but from an admins point of view I'd have to also go with keeping the PMs for now just in case our members need help with something. I'm sure the loss of the glossary is a temporary problem which will be resolved as soon as possible.

My Suggestion For These Issues UNTIL the problems can be resolved!!!!Hi Admins, Vicers & Vicerettes!!I hope that everyone is doing GREAT!!!!I have read through this whole thread & would like to make a few suggestions that may be of use to you all UNTIL the problems are all resolved.1. VIDEO-VOICE CHAT OPTION: As I have used this in the past, I have come to find that it is a reliable option..(provided that it is working). You can log in to Video-Voice Chat & speak to the Admins & Members through there. And you DO NOT NEED a Webcam or Mic. You can as easily see what everyone is writing & respond. For those who have Speakers..(which I am sure that most have)..you can hear the conversations taking place & respond in the chat boxes provided within the Video-Voice Chat.I have used this method in the past & have found that with or without Webcam it IS still possible to communicate with each other through this method.2. THE SHOUTBOX: It can also be used to communicate with Admins & Members alike. You may not be able to write as much as in a PM, but you can narrow it down & communicate this way. 3. A THREAD: Dedicated ONLY to problems & concerns that Members may have. As ALL Admins read each & every thread, communicating by this means may be a temporarry fix until all areas of the forum are up & runing.I am POSITIVE that ALL Admins are working HARD at getting all these issues resolved. Let's help them out by not closing ourselves out to just PM'ing, but exploring other options to communicate with Admins & Members alike. WHERE THERE IS A WILL....Admins, Vicers & Vicerettes....WILL FIND A WAY TO COMMUNICATE!!!!

• Administrators

As ALL Admins read each & every thread...

Uh.. we try, we really do but sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day. However, if something does happen to go unnoticed you can always e-mail us too!

• Administrators

And if you have any board issues, please report them in the "Support" section. It is on the Aqua header bar at the top of the page. :cool:

• Administrators

Problems fixed. Glossary and pm / usercp are working right now.-----------------------Das Problem wurde behoben. Das Lexikon und die PNs/Benutzerkontrollzentrum funktionieren wieder.

Problems fixed. Glossary and pm / usercp are working right now.-----------------------Das Problem wurde behoben. Das Lexikon und die PNs/Benutzerkontrollzentrum funktionieren wieder.

Great work Caipi, thanks!:clap:

Absolut erstklassig. Vielen vielen Dank !Es ist und bleibt das beste Forum der Welt.Wenn wir Euch nicht hätten......:D:happy::thumbsup::clap::done:

Nice....thanks Caipi! :thumbsup::cool: