MACY'S DECLARES MIAMI HEAT CHAMPIONS!

COOPER&BURNETT

The Miami Herald placed a huge Macy's ad congratulating the MIAMI HEAT for winning the NBA championship, and has photos of Championship Miami Heat shirts and hats.... RIGHT UNDER THE BANNER, "DALLAS WINS BEST OF 7 SERIES 4-2"http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/06/miami-herald-miami-heat-championship-ad/1Eingefügtes BildIt's not quite "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN", but the Miami Herald ran an ad in The 'Miami Herald' ran an ad paper congratulating the Miami Heat for winning the NBA title on Monday morning, a day after the Heat lost to the Dallas Mavericks in six games in the NBA Finals.Monday morning's edition on Page 11D congratulating the Miami Heat for winning the NBA title. The ad, from retail giant Macy's, also has pictures of available championship hats and T-shirts.That would be a great idea if the Mavericks didn't clinch the NBA title Sunday night with a 105-95 victory in Miami.Tim Elfrink of The Miami New Times, already in enough pain it appears, explains that the ad ran on the same page as a story about the series with the headline "Heat just never got the point during Finals loss to more-organized Mavs" and a banner that reads "DALLAS WINS BEST-OF-7 SERIES 4-2."Compounding the error, even if the Heat had won Game 6 on Sunday night they wouldn't have won the title. Instead, they would have forced a Game 7 that would have been played Tuesday night.In a short statement on its website Monday, the Herald acknowledged its mistake saying, "We regret the error and apologize for any inconvenience."Later Monday, Elfrink spoke to Elissa Vanaver, the Herald's vice president for human resources. She called the mistake a "production error." She offered more on the incident."We weren't going to sit and wait around for Game 7 to decide how to advertise something like this," she says. "That ad was in the system for the eventuality that the Heat ended up winning the title.""We're apologizing to readers and advertisers about the mistake," she says. "I'm not sure what else there is to say about it."Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution illustrated other examples where this happened, noting that the Herald made a similar mistake in January 1999. A headline advertising a Super Bowl special section read, "Denver Broncos vs. Minnesota Vikings, 6:25 P.M. Tonight." The Broncos actually beat the Atlanta Falcons in that game (Super Bowl XXXIII).Eingefügtes Bild

LOL...:DWhat the hell...?!?And I have to addmit that I am very proud of my fellow german Dirk Nowitzki to became the MVP of the finals!!!

LOL...:DWhat the hell...?!?And I have to addmit that I am very proud of my fellow german Dirk Nowitzki to became the MVP of the finals!!!

He deserved it!GO DIRK!!

Do they sell the new Lebron James IPhone' date=' too? You have to set it on vibrate because it has no rings! :D[/quote'] :clap::clap:I heard that Lebron James has brought in his Ferrari to be changed from a stick to an automatic because he's not good in the clutch! :D:D Eingefügtes Bild

I think Dirk is a great role model for the sport and the opposite to James,Bosh and Wade from Miami heat.They are all very talented players but Dirk is still very down to eath and a very hard worker.The best Player of the planet might be LeBron James but Dirk is the one who works the hardest for the success!

The best Player of the planet might be LeBron James but Dirk is the one who works the hardest for the success!

I agree with all, except I don't think Lebron is the best player playing today. Even Wade performed better. I'd say Kobe Bryant is the best player playing today (and I can't stand Kobe personally either).If I had to pick Lebron, or Kobe for my team, I'd pick Kobe. Lebron is gifted, and talented, but he did the same thing (disapearing in the series) the last time he was in the playoffs. He's no Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, or Larry Bird. He has no class.GO DIRK!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:

GO DIRK!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:

I am not so much into basketball anymore... I was in my teen years, where I looked up to Michael Jordan - he was an icon and the best player ever was.I just read much and the so called "insiders" a pretty in common that James is the best player of today. I don't know if this is right but this is obviously always a subjective position.I have too agree COOP, Kobe Bryant is a kind of unlikeble guy.If a have to pick one for my team I would pick Nowitzki - cause I would understand him better language related!:):):) In germany number one sport is soccer or we call it "Fussball" (means football) cause your football isn't really only with the foot!;)Our national team is a affair of the heart to every german.

I am not so much into basketball anymore... I was in my teen years' date=' where I looked up to Michael Jordan - he was an icon and the best player ever was.I just read much and the so called "insiders" a pretty in common that James is the best player of today. I don't know if this is right but this is obviously always a subjective position.I have too agree COOP, Kobe Bryant is a kind of unlikeble guy.If a have to pick one for my team I would pick Nowitzki - cause I would understand him better language related!:):):) In germany number one sport is soccer or we call it "Fussball" (means football) cause your football isn't really only with the foot!;)Our national team is a affair of the heart to every german.[/quote']Dirk is likeable, and sure is a great player. Even though I love MIAMI VICE, and all things MIAMI, the MIAMI HEAT is NOT one of them. I was rooting for Dallas to beat the arrogant, stuck up Lebron James and company. Dirk kept him mouth shut, and just played...and better than any of them.I'm not too sure about Lebron being the current best. I'm not sure his regular season numbers are better than Kobe's. He sure didn't look like the best in the playoffs.I'm not sure why they call American football "football". I dunno. It's America's number one sport. Perhaps we should call ours "handball". :)

I'm not sure why they call American football "football". I dunno. It's America's number one sport. Perhaps we should call ours "handball". :)

You better should call it "eggball"!!!:D:D:DThe question 'who is the best in sport' is always a hype-thing i guess. LeBron was a big part in the media wasn't he? Maybe that's the cause many call him the best?But oh no..what happened to my man Dirk?!? Did the celebration left it's marks?!?:)

post-9603-13892963630731_thumb.jpg

You better should call it "eggball"!!!:D:D:DThe question 'who is the best in sport' is always a hype-thing i guess. LeBron was a big part in the media wasn't he? Maybe that's the cause many call him the best?But oh no..what happened to my man Dirk?!? Did the celebration left it's marks?!?:)

lOVE THE PHOTO!! :D:D:DDirk is AWESOME!eggball. :)

Come on let's make a deal COOP - if we ever meet up in the future ( cause you'll never know!)You teach me " american-eggball" on your lawn!!!:D:D:D

Come on let's make a deal COOP - if we ever meet up in the future ( cause you'll never know!)You teach me " american-eggball" on your lawn!!!:D:D:D

Deal Pal! :thumbsup:

:clap::clap:I heard that Lebron James has brought in his Ferrari to be changed from a stick to an automatic because he's not good in the clutch! :D:D

LOL!Lebron should have played hockey since there's only three periods.Don't ask him for change from a dollar. He'll only give you $0.75 cents because he can never find the fourth quarter. :D :D

LOL!Lebron should have played hockey since there's only three periods.Don't ask him for change from a dollar. He'll only give you $0.75 cents because he can never find the fourth quarter. :D :D

LOL!! Good one! :D:D:clap:

At least the city of MIAMI didn't do what the thug Canucks fans did in Vancouver Canada, and set fire to cars and tip them over, and throw bottles at big screen TVs in bars, and riot in the streets of Vancouver when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup in game 7 4-0.Shame on you Canuck fans! :thumbsdown: Your every bit the equal to the Laker fans, and the soccer thugs in Europe. Shame on you. Classless.

OK, so not much love here for LeBron James. In the interviews/appearances I've seen him do, he seemed nice??Agree with what the Canadians did - hard to believe that those scenes are in Canada. Barbaric really.

OK' date=' so not much love here for LeBron James. In the interviews/appearances I've seen him do, he seemed nice??Agree with what the Canadians did - hard to believe that those scenes are in Canada. Barbaric really.[/quote']If your angry.....why tear up your own city??

At least the city of MIAMI didn't do what the thug Canucks fans did in Vancouver Canada' date=' and set fire to cars and tip them over, and throw bottles at big screen TVs in bars, and riot in the streets of Vancouver when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup in game 7 4-0.Shame on you Canuck fans! :thumbsdown: Your every bit the equal to the Laker fans, and the soccer thugs in Europe. Shame on you. Classless.[/quote'] Ditto. About the only class in the city of Vancouver is a pizza place called Boston Pizza. I've never been there (or to Canada), but would like to go there one day with my 2010-2011 Boston Bruins Stanley Cup champion t-shirt. WOOOOOOO!!!!