Indian Wars

Tom

Whoa, I just had a revelation!  They actually completed part of the Al Fassi estate and that is what we see as the Levec house!  Note the shape of the doorway and the matching indented roofline to the right:

Indian3.png  Indian4.png

Edited by airtommy

On 28.06.2016 at 5:52 AM, airtommy said:

After a few years, Gloria Estefan demolished and replaced it with a pair of houses, and she still lives there today.  

I think she demolished it in early 90's. :)

• Like 1

Am 28 июня 2016 г. um 06:27 schrieb airtommy:

Whoa, I just had a revelation!  They actually completed part of the Al Fassi estate and that is what we see as the Levec house!  Note the shape of the doorway and the matching indented roofline to the right:

Indian3.png  Indian4.png

Interesting. There are only 22 months between these shots. Free Verse was filmed in Feb86 and Indian Wars was the last show filmed in 1987. In between this whole property was totally remodelled and shortly after it was demolished again.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2016 at 8:35 PM, Tom said:

Interesting. There are only 22 months between these shots. Free Verse was filmed in Feb86 and Indian Wars was the last show filmed in 1987. In between this whole property was totally remodelled and shortly after it was demolished again.

yes interesting - good find :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

I started to post this in the blooper thread but then I figured it out.  Look at the two completely different views out of the windows.  We see the Brickell skyline on the left, but then on the right we see a wooded island (probably Virginia Key).  It seems like we have entered the Twilight Zone!!!

Indian5.png

I thought this was a CGI glitch, but they didn't have CGI back then.  Finally I realized that on the right we are looking at a mirror.  I have circled a seam in the mirror.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I put this up on location trivia - it's the final condo scene from the end of this episode .

Filmed at 520 Brickell Key Drive , Brickell Key , Miami. :)

IMG_1323.PNG

IMG_0664.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I emailed @C Glide about this, but I’ll put it before the panel as well:

Has anyone noticed that the interior of Joe Dan’s apartment is the same as Dale Menton’s when C&T bust him while “frolicking” near the end of Golden Triangle pt 2? This location shows “unknown” on the C Glide’s GTpt2 site, but I may have missed an update here. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I emailed @C Glide about this, but I’ll put it before the panel as well:

Has anyone noticed that the interior of Joe Dan’s apartment is the same as Dale Menton’s when C&T bust him while “frolicking” near the end of Golden Triangle pt 2? This location shows “unknown” on the C Glide’s GTpt2 site, but I may have missed an update here. 

I hadn’t noticed that - I’ll go back and look :hippie::cheers:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Very interesting!  I just watched both scenes and they do look very much alike.  I'm going to study this more closely.

Yeah. The glass blocks, the staggered fixtures for the pink neon ceiling light, the rack of audio/video equipment...it’s all there!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Yeah. The glass blocks, the staggered fixtures for the pink neon ceiling light, the rack of audio/video equipment...it’s that there!

Yes!  Also neon at the steps, the armless statue, the columns.  No doubt about it! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

This is one of the best MV days of my life then! A CONTRIBUTION TO THE LOCATION PAGES!! :clap:

After you collect your location reward money, be sure that you don't spend it too conspicuously.  If the Feds notice they might think you have IGG (ill gotten gains).   :)

• Haha 1

You can see the white column in both shots and the silver a/v equipment is exactly the same.

bb1.jpg

b2.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was definitely a real apartment on Brickell Key,  because we see the reflections of Brickell Ave buildings and Biscayne Bay in the window in "Indian Wars".

The couch that Chief Jumper is sitting on in the second pic can be seen between C&T in the first pic.  Also, the pink couch on the left side of both photos.  Heck, even the big green plant is the same!

b7.jpg

b6.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, airtommy said:

It was definitely a real apartment on Brickell Key,  because we see the reflections of Brickell Ave buildings and Biscayne Bay in the window in "Indian Wars".

The couch that Chief Jumper is sitting on in the second pic can be seen between C&T in the first pic.  Heck, even the big green plant is the same!

b7.jpg

b6.jpg

Fantastic find @Dadrian!

I always thought it looked like a studio in “Golden Triangle”(Pt 2)  but it was filmed at night so hard to see.

How fantastic they shot at that location in such an early part of the series as that - there was no establishing shot at all for the “Golden Triangle” (Part 2) episode.

Of course I meant that episode originally ! Haha 

Edited by Matt5
  • Haha 1