Jack of all Trades

Tom

10 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Cool, it looks like they are finally doing some work on the Fairwind (Fairmont in the 80s).  It has been a derelict for decades.

Edited by miamijimf

I could be wrong, but I think the Fairwind is gone now. Seems like I remember something different being there last May (2016). Can anyone verify this?

On 8/23/2016 at 2:18 AM, Dadrian said:

I could be wrong, but I think the Fairwind is gone now. Seems like I remember something different being there last May (2016). Can anyone verify this?

I thought the Fairwind was completely demolished - looked a hell of a state in 2014:D:D In fact a lot of Collins did in that area 

I find amazing the scenes they shot Sonny and Jack at the bar and where Sonny saw Jack selling his pool supplies - is still not only standing but has been restored. From 2003 as long as I can remember this was derilict and a hell of a state - so nice to see and to visit:D:D

It is in the SoBe protected zone where local laws prohibit demolishing or changing the front of art deco buildings.  But unfortunately exceptions have been approved.  It would be nice if someone could check on the ground to see if the Fairwind is still there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2016 at 6:30 PM, miamijimf said:

It is in the SoBe protected zone where local laws prohibit demolishing or changing the front of art deco buildings.  But unfortunately exceptions have been approved.  It would be nice if someone could check on the ground to see if the Fairwind is still there. 

Yes good point Jim :D:D:done:

• 3 months later...

I'm in Miami at the moment and yesterday visited the "Jack of All Trades" location at 2360 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach.  The Continental Hotel interior was seen as Sonny "assisted" his cousin and later in the episode the Waterside bar also at the same property (with the 23rd street bridge seen in the background )as Sonny met Jack for a drink :D:done:

IMG_8855.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 5

On 24/08/2016 at 6:30 PM, miamijimf said:

Yes Jim I was there Yesterday the original structure is still there but a compete empty shell. 

Also The Cardozo ("Brothers Keeper" / "Redemption in Blood" )on Ocean Drive is closed  

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Thanks Matt, but there is hope for it.  See

Hopefully the Cardozo is just closed for renovation.  According to my info it is owned by superstar Gloria Estefan, who is far from broke.

10 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Hopefully the Cardozo is just closed for renovation.  According to my info it is owned by superstar Gloria Estefan, who is far from broke.

Yes I believe renovation - they have also boarded up the front steps of The Carlyle with big floor to ceiling  menu boards !

10 hours ago, airtommy said:

Wow, nice!  It doesn't look like they've changed the bar at all, at least in its basic configuration

Completely the same as 1989 when they filmed this Season 5 scene - this building was Banana Bungalow hostel for a while and then closed for many years but has faithfully been restored.:done:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Ref  the Fairwind I think it will reopen but is still being constructed but very early stages - in fact it has come on very little since 2014:D

• 2 months later...

As Jack drives down Anchorage Way away from Main Highway - we see this building - the Chabad of South Dade at 3713 Main Hway, Coconut Grove

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7208508,-80.2472573,3a,75y,287.86h,81.79t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWLrojdY0Mz3wCeLis57dzA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Edited by Matt5

• 3 months later...

The space that was Mike's World of Waves on Miami Vice is now a restaurant called "The Continental".  I had the sliders and they were fantastic!   :thumbsup: 

http://www.continentalmiami.com/

When they are haggling over the price, Jack walks out the door to pretend to talk to his manager.  That door and wall are now gone.  

Picture 1.png

P1000907c.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

Jack & Sonny discuss the situation at the Waterside Inn Bar, also filmed at the Continental:

Picture 9.png

Picture 8.png

P1000908b.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

Nice airtommy - glad you went 

Did you see the pics I posted when I visited this location on this thread from January ?:hippie:

8 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Nice airtommy - glad you went 

Did you see the pics I posted when I visited this location on this thread from January ?:hippie:

Yes, I especially like the one where you caught the footbridge just like at the start of this scene.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, airtommy said:

Yes, I especially like the one where you caught the footbridge just like at the start of this scene.

Thankyou - it was a treat visiting this location back in January of this year  :hippie:

• 11 months later...

A nice current day shot of El Jardin House, Main Highway in Coconut Grove. Miami Vice producers sure like this stretch on the Main Highway- Anchorage Way, Coconut Grove in mid to late Season 5.:hippie:

70067CA8-AB12-4074-A37F-782FC83AF935.jpeg

• Like 1