Oye como va?

Philippe

Not that I'm Cuban, but I thought it would make for a nice hello.:funky:My name is Phil and I'm from Belgium (yeah, the country that recently broke a record for not having a government the longest *sigh*).Although I remember MV from the first time it came around, I was however in my teenage years and couldn't follow on a regular base.So I recently became a fan - I ordered the complete 5 seasons on DVD and can't wait to watch them all! The next thing is to buy myself a pair of black Wayfarer Ray Ban's.Are there any people from Miami here? Back in the days I always felt MV was a bit over the top with the dealers and stuff until I recently watched the documentary Cocaine Cowboys and found out Miami really was the kind of place MV drew it's inspiration from! So did anybody here actually lived in Miami during the 80's? Must have been some wild times!The documentary stated that there was so much money back then they couldn't spend it on enough things... No wonder there where all this luxurious Italian cars and clothes.By the way, Cocaine Cowboys has some great music in it by none other than Jan Hammer (but you people probably already know).Which brings me to an other well represented MV thing: music. I love Jan Hammer's music, also Giorgio Moroder, Harold Faltermeyer and a zillion other great 80's tunes.Strangely I wasn't such a 80's fan in the 80's as I like those 80's things now.:birdie:Well last but not least, I'm happy I found this forum and hope to meet some great people.

• Administrators

Welcome to the best Vice site on the planet hands down! Plenty of great people here that will make you feel right at home! We all wish we could return to the 80's. Unfortunately we can't but this is as close as it gets! If you need anything, please let us know!

WELCOME!Hi PhillipeSit back, relax and fun exploring this AMAZING site!I've come across one or two members from Florida, in my short time on here, so there has to be more about!Check out the forum with the 'travel' thread, where members share their travel experiences in Miami and give some handy advice. Look out for member 'DJangel' and her adventures, being on set with the crew of Miami Vice - VERY EXCITING!!! :thumbsup:

WELCOME!Want to see Don Johnson's blazers he wore in MIAMI VICE, and VICE photoshoots? I own several! How about rare MIAMI VICE cast and crew items? How about photos from scenes in MIAMI VICE that were cut from the show?? Would you like to see props from the show? The actual script to the pilot episode? And....much, MUCH more?Then visit my personal, private collection of items in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION!Click here to view all the incredible threads!http://www.miamiviceonline.com/forum...Vice-ScrapbookWelcome to MIAMI VICE HEAVEN!!-COOP P.S. I also collect JAN HAMMER, MORODER, and FALTERMEYER!

Not that I'm Cuban' date=' but I thought it would make for a nice hello.:funky:My name is Phil and I'm from Belgium (yeah, the country that recently broke a record for not having a government the longest *sigh*).Although I remember MV from the first time it came around, I was however in my teenage years and couldn't follow on a regular base.So I recently became a fan - I ordered the complete 5 seasons on DVD and can't wait to watch them all! The next thing is to buy myself a pair of black Wayfarer Ray Ban's.Are there any people from Miami here? Back in the days I always felt MV was a bit over the top with the dealers and stuff until I recently watched the documentary Cocaine Cowboys and found out Miami really was the kind of place MV drew it's inspiration from! So did anybody here actually lived in Miami during the 80's? Must have been some wild times!The documentary stated that there was so much money back then they couldn't spend it on enough things... No wonder there where all this luxurious Italian cars and clothes.By the way, Cocaine Cowboys has some great music in it by none other than Jan Hammer (but you people probably already know).Which brings me to an other well represented MV thing: music. I love Jan Hammer's music, also Giorgio Moroder, Harold Faltermeyer and a zillion other great 80's tunes.Strangely I wasn't such a 80's fan in the 80's as I like those 80's things now.:birdie:Well last but not least, I'm happy I found this forum and hope to meet some great people.[/quote'] Welcome to a great site about a great show ! :D

Hi Philippe welcome to the forum!What an interesting intro, it's always nice to find out how people got into Vice.

Well last but not least' date=' I'm happy I found this forum and hope to meet some great people.[/quote']You've come to the right place, we're great and friendly... and we could be even more friendly if you give us some of the famous Belgian chocolate!!! :)

Thank you so much everybody! I already feel at home with such a heart warming welcome messages.Wow DjAngel was on the set of Miami Vice? That's got to be the coolest thing.@COOPER&BURNETT: Wow, you must have the most extensive MV collection out there! It's the kind of things I love to read about, I wanna know all the details and you sure as hell seem to have em.@Marilyn: Vriendelijk bedankt voor de hartelijke groeten, nice to see some friendly neighbours on the site!:dance:@Pandina: Ah yes, chocolates! We sure have them in spades here in Bruges. Makes me think this might even be a profitable business Vice wise: perhaps I could set up a small cartel and export them by the kilos!:DBelieve it or not, but they actually use chocolate like cocaine, we have a chocolate museum here and you can actually sniff it with a straw! And I'm not joking! My fellow countrymen have gone nuts beyond recognition (ah well, nuts go well with chocolate too).Oh and while we are at it, did someone mention beer? That's another Belgian specialty...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks herp_derp:cool:, LNGLK (what beautiful flowers) I cannot accept them without giving some back:flowers:, Thanks B.Tubbs -great site? It's enormous!:p, Thanks Matt5 and yes, it's a great site about a great show, with great actors, great music, great settings, great stories, taking place in a great country in a great time period, located on a great planet somewhere in a great great greater than great universe.With other words: it rocks!!!!!:shout:;) sorry fellas, that's just the Noog-man in me:o.Oh, for those that might wanna know, I've got my MV box with all the series and it's marvelous! Right now I'm at Season one dvd 6. So it ill be some time before I can mingle with all the experts here.:glossy:

Eingefügtes BildDear Philippe! A warm welcome. I am very glad that you now belong to us. Honestly? Such people, as you we need not only here - we actually need them anywhere ..... Continue in this sense, just like that, that would be great!

Thank you alleycat, it's nice meeting you too.:cool: Yes, it's a great place and nice people too.And the great thing is that Miami Vice brought us all here, I wish the crew and actors could see us - all nice people from all over the globe, from different backgrounds and nationalities coming together to celebrate one of the greatest tv shows ever made. Be proud my fellow Miami Vice friends because we carry the torch and we keep the flame burning!:clap:Bluepearl, you are such a kindhearted person to give me such a beautiful welcome message.:fireworks:If I ever doubted in the existence of angels, now I know they do exist, you are one of them!:happy:The world needs people like you too bluepearl, I'm very happy and glad to know you.:blumen: