Episode #53 "Baby Blues"

Ferrariman

Good episode...but sad and tragic. :cry: Very realistically done, and I thought most of the acting was awesome--especially by Patrice Martinez! :clap: Tommy Koenig also looked like and "made" the perfect sleezy, bad guy (Howard Famiglia) that everyone couldn't wait to be taken down. The action, especially at the end in the hospital with how Famiglia was taken down, was pretty cool. :cool:I wonder if the little boy, who played Alex/Jose, ever went on to act in anything else? IMDB has the name Brian O'Connor (or Brian Brucker O'Connor) listed as the actor who played him...but O'Connor has a birthdate of 1953. That would've made that little boy 33 years old in 1986, when "Baby Blues" aired. :) Don't think so... :rolleyes: Don't know what IMDB has wrong, but just wondered if anyone knew who the real actor who played the little boy was, and if he ever went on to act in much else?The beginning was also very realistic and I thought Olivia Brown does a superb acting job in just the few scenes, with facial expressions! She always could cry on cue and/or make very realistic facial expressions at just the right moment. Saundra Santiago also could usually do this, and even though both women were rarely focused on...the few times they were, as well as all the "little" things they did for their characters along the way always made them "shine"! :glossy:This is totally off subject...but I also like one scene in this one where it shows both Switek's T-Bird and the Testarossa pulling up together at a bad guys house (where they find him dead in the closet). Weird I know, :) , but I just thought it was a rare scene...as you hardly ever saw Switek's car, let alone along with Crockett's "star" car. ;) Also, I was surprised Tubbs' Caddy wasn't used in that scene, instead of the T-Bird. Anyway, nothing major or important...just something interesting and even "curious" to me, as I love cars--so the cars used and shown regularly are things I notice and enjoy seeing. :DOverall a very well done episode...and even though it was somewhat "dark" and sad, it did sort of have a good (but somewhat sad) ending. The rich family got to keep the little boy...as the mother saw they really loved and cared for him, and they could provide a life she could not. I like to think that the family would start to allow the mother to be a part of the boy's life as time went on, and as he got older they could explain what happened. "Cheesy" thoughts...but too bad. I'm a sucker for the "Leave It To Beaver" ending. :balloon:I gave this one a 7. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I think I'm in the general consensus here with this episode. While not deeply thrilling it is acted quite well, with a powerful story. The pace has a nice flow and is consistent, a welcome return after the disjointed and somewhat rough draft feel of the previous episode.  The scenery, fashion and music are all solid here. Again, I never found this one to be a bombastic pinnacle of Vice magic, but it definitely rises above any comparisons to a "filler" or misfire episode. 7/10

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Sad episode. When I watched it my first time, I thought for some reason that Tubbs will find his baby in that plane. Because this ep was at the begining of the 3rd season. At the end Sonny and Rico stand very sad, maybe Tubbs remembers his son. I give 8

I watched this one the other night for the first time in a long time. Very sad. Great music and score, though!

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I've had this song going on for a few days now, trying to figure out where I've heard it from, and I finally got it! Red Hot Chili Peppers "Otherside". Listen to the part on the Baby Blues, at 0:34 and then listen to the intro of "Otherside". They're very similar!

34 minutes ago, codemaster94 said:

I've had this song going on for a few days now, trying to figure out where I've heard it from, and I finally got it! Red Hot Chili Peppers "Otherside". Listen to the part on the Baby Blues, at 0:34 and then listen to the intro of "Otherside". They're very similar!

Yeah I hear the similarity! Never caught that. Definitely one of the greatest bands ever!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Yeah I hear the similarity! Never caught that. Definitely one of the greatest bands ever!

Great song ! And great Hammer track !

:done::radio:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Kind of a downer episode but not as bad as The Good Collar.

Famiglia was a total slimeball. He's a good villain.

The plot was realistic and the execution was well done.

Really like Stanley Tucci. Can't wait to see more of him.

The section of the episode from where the woman at the agency is subpoenaed up until the fire escape is terrific.

Really sad ending.

8/10

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
23 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

How big was that vent in the hospital at the end? lol

And how convenient the grills weren't screwed in. The ending was too melodramatic for me.

@timm525 did you ever crawl around in the vents at work? :) 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

@timm525 did you ever crawl around in the vents at work? :) 

Nope! Not even when I was young and skinny enough to maybe fit. The damn thing would probable collapse on you in mid crawl. Or I'd get stuck and need to call the fire department. At least that's the luck I'd have not to mention I'd be shredded with sheet metal screws. :)

1 hour ago, timm525 said:

Nope! Not even when I was young and skinny enough to maybe fit. The damn thing would probable collapse on you in mid crawl. Or I'd get stuck and need to call the fire department. At least that's the luck I'd have not to mention I'd be shredded with sheet metal screws. :)

A little less glamorous than getting shot by Gina. :) 

• 7 months later...

Decent. Cool to see Stanley Tucci. Also, it really well and truly looks like that the bottom half of Tubbs got caught in that explosion in the building. Great music and the fashion is on point.  Also very sad, I was happy when the squad capped that disgusting scum in the vent. 

Edited by Detective_Crockett

14 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Also, it really well and truly looks like that the bottom half of Tubbs got caught in that explosion in the building

PMT’s stunt double was, indeed, hospitalized with third-degree burns after that shot. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I thought Tommy Koenig as Famiglia came across as a weak villain and over the top. Eric Bogosian from "Milk Run" below (Zeke) who looks similar would have been so much better, I could see him being perfectly sleazy and evil at the same time. 

Image result for zeke milk run

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

I thought Tommy Koenig as Famiglia came across as a weak villain and over the top. Eric Bogosian from "Milk Run" below (Zeke) who looks similar would have been so much better, I could see him being perfectly sleazy and evil at the same time. 

Image result for zeke milk run

He was great in the Wonderland movie. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

He was great in the Wonderland movie. 

I will have to watch that one thanks. 

I am aware of the murder case, very gruesome and still unsolved. Thing I don't get it why Eddie Nash was convicted because he clearly masterminded the whole thing.

Edited by RedDragon86

5 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I will have to watch that one thanks. 

I am aware of the murder case, very gruesome and still unsolved. Thing I don't get it why Eddie Nash was convicted because he clearly masterminded the whole thing.

The movie is really good. 

On 8/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, Dadrian said:

PMT’s stunt double was, indeed, hospitalized with third-degree burns after that shot. 

OMG, I never heard that. That's terrible! 

28 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

OMG, I never heard that. That's terrible! 

I had heard but didn’t realise it was third- degree burns, that’s terrible yes.