Don Johnson: Off The Record

mvnyc

From my personal collection, this is a radio special from the Westwood One Radio Networks that aired the Week Of August 25th, 1986. It coincides with the release of Don's "Heartbeat" album. There are ten segments total (including the original commercials), the entire program runs around 55 minutes. Here is the link to them:http://www.box.net/shared/rgd6nrbuikavrbcegqzsJust click on each segment and hit "play" when the player comes up. The audio is compressed, but listenable. I hope you enjoy them.Here is the trade ad from Billboard magazine:http://books.google.com/books?id=4SQEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT13&dq=off+the+record+with+mary+turner+with+don+johnson&hl=en&ei=2P8IToPhK8fs0gHx2bDMCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=off%20the%20record%20with%20mary%20turner%20with%20don%20johnson&f=false

Thanks for this:thumbsup: Great interview and article. I have them somewhere in my DJ memorabilia.

Anytime, glad you liked it!

A TOP SHELF CONTRIBUTION! :clap::clap::clap:This was a real treat, mvnyc! :happy:I have virgin ears when it comes to Don Johnson's musical side. *Note to self; download the album 'Heartbeat'.This man's APPEAL is off the richter scale! :o

A TOP SHELF CONTRIBUTION! :clap::clap::clap:This is was a real treat' date=' mvnyc! :happy:I have virgin ears when it comes to Don Johnson's musical side. *Note to self; download the album 'Heartbeat'.This man's APPEAL is off the richter scale! :o[/quote'] Thanks Juscat, glad you enjoyed it. "Off The Record" was a radio program that featured new releases from (usually) established artists. It was hosted (for the longest time) by Mary Turner of KMET Los Angeles, from 1982 - 1997. She left radio in 1997 and maried Norm Pattiz, the CEO Of Westwood One, it is now hosted by "Uncle" Joe Benson. Anyway, the release of "Heartbeat" was at the beginning of the 3rd Season of "Miami Vice." It received a lot of airplay initially because of the single ("Heartbeat") and ultimately did farely well for Don (I think Don felt he could branch out at the time due to his popularity). Don surrounded himself with top-notch musicians and the results showed it...

Thank you very much, Mvnyc! :clap:I must admit I skipped the songs... :o but only because I have them all. Somehow I don't really understand one thing - why they insisted so much that Don had put to risk his successful acting career by making the album? Even if the album wasn't successful, it's not the same as an unsuccessful movie or a show... :confused:

This is pretty :cool: thank you for sharing it with everybody.I have his album on vinyl.I remember buying it and bought the 12 inch one also.Now I have his music on my iphone.

This is pretty :cool: thank you for sharing it with everybody.I have his album on vinyl.I remember buying it and bought the 12 inch one also.Now I have his music on my iphone.

No Problem, more stuff to follow...