UNWORN, NEW, 1980'S WAYFARERS!

COOPER&BURNETT

TIMECAPSULE FIND!Well, as many of you know, I'm a RayBan Wayfarer fanatic, and I just love the sunglasses. I own six of them currently (the seventh was stolen, and the eighth was broken in the 80's). I currently own three 80's version wayfarers. What I always wanted, was to have a mint condition 1980's era tortoise frames 5022 Wayfarer sunglasses to put in a display case. Well, I've done one better!Introducing my BRAND NEW, UNUSED, UNWORN, NEW OLD STOCK (NOS) 1980'S ERA WAYFARER SUNGLASSES!For those of you who were not old enough to remember what a Brand New 1980's wayfarer looked like when it was brand new, this is it.Eingefügtes Bild

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• ViceFanMan

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you can see, the ORIGINAL G-15 sticker is still on the lense, just as it would have been when sold in the 1980's!Eingefügtes Bild

Obviously, if these are new, unworn 80's versions, then it would have to come complete with the original mint, unused condition sunglass case!Eingefügtes Bild

ALSO!....On top of all that, it has the original Warrenty / Registration papers that originally came with it! This is one complete RARE find! Eingefügtes Bild

Wow! Major cool buddy. :thumbsup:

Thanks Pal! That is Major, with a capital ""M"! :thumbsup: Still can't believe I own it!! :thumbsup:

Here's more photos of the Warrenty / Registration papers that come with the sunglasses.Eingefügtes Bild

I don't know how much more complete these vintage wayfarers could come. It's the complete deal!Eingefügtes Bild

No RAYBAN logo on the top lens, like the current model! Thankfully, Ferrariman taught us we can remove them from the lenses on the current wayfarers safely.Eingefügtes Bild

Bitchin glassesI am jealous. A while back, I lent my friend my Miami Vice complete box set. While in about season two, he texted me something like, 'I'm going to be Crockett.'He wasn't joking. He searched high and low for original Ray Bans from the '80s but couldn't find them. He had to settle for a more recent issue.These are awesome. Have you had any luck finding Season 3 Persol's worn by Crockett?

I am jealous. A while back' date=' I lent my friend my Miami Vice complete box set. While in about season two, he texted me something like, 'I'm going to be Crockett.'He wasn't joking. He searched high and low for original Ray Bans from the '80s but couldn't find them. He had to settle for a more recent issue.These are awesome. Have you had any luck finding Season 3 Persol's worn by Crockett?[/quote']Yes, I've run across unworn, mint Persol's, but never bought them. They were expensive, and I won't ever wear them, I just want them to display. I'll get them someday. Trust me.I'm glad you like my wayfarers. It's a real dream come true!

• Administrators

Very cool!! I don't suppose they will see actual use anytime soon?!Nice find Coop! :thumbsup:

Very cool!! I don't suppose they will see actual use anytime soon?!Nice find Coop! :thumbsup:

I was hoping someone would ask that question!Nope. I won't, nor will anyone ever wear these sunglasses. These are to be preserved as the perfect examples that they are. :thumbsup:I knew you'd appreciate these glasses Ferrariman.

I've explored your scrapbook but there's too much to dig through to find the persols. I just looked for them on ebay, and there's no model number avail. Not that I expected them to just show up.Dang. I want those.

Wow, what a find. Those are beautiful, where sunglasses are concerned. They're like the Ferrari Daytona of sunglasses, where coolness is concerned.They're an appropriate museum piece, where Miami Vice Online is concerned.I love 'em. Okay, now tell us... Are they exactly the same as the new 'Original Wayfarer?' Shape, size, lens angles, rake (the forward lean), the arm lengths?Dying to know if they truly are the same.

Wow' date=' what a find. Those are beautiful, where sunglasses are concerned. They're like the Ferrari Daytona of sunglasses, where coolness is concerned.They're an appropriate museum piece, where Miami Vice Online is concerned.I love 'em. Okay, now tell us... Are they exactly the same as the new 'Original Wayfarer?' Shape, size, lens angles, rake (the forward lean), the arm lengths?Dying to know if they truly are the same.[/quote']They are truly the same, with the exception that the arms, against the frames have been very, very slightly fixed so the arms lay flush with the frames when open. The 80's versions don't lay perfectly flush with the frames when open, as there is just the tinest gap between the arms and the frame. Other than that one miniscule little correction detail (and the logos on the newest pair) they are indeed, absolutely identical, and must have been based on the original mold. Same size, same lens angle, rake. lenth of arms......even the hinges for the arms are identical!Good to know! :thumbsup: Get the latest "classic" pair, they are awesome! :thumbsup:

FINE package, you've pulled out of the MV hat!! :glossy:

Thanks! I haven't decided if I'm going to put them in their own case, or in a case with the DON JOHNSON production flat lenses.Both are unique.

Wow' date=' what a find. Those are beautiful, where sunglasses are concerned. They're like the Ferrari Daytona of sunglasses, where coolness is concerned.They're an appropriate museum piece, where Miami Vice Online is concerned.I love 'em. Okay, now tell us... Are they exactly the same as the new 'Original Wayfarer?' Shape, size, lens angles, rake (the forward lean), the arm lengths?Dying to know if they truly are the same.[/quote']
They are truly the same' date=' with the exception that the arms, against the frames have been very, very slightly fixed so the arms lay flush with the frames when open. The 80's versions don't lay perfectly flush with the frames when open, as there is just the tinest gap between the arms and the frame. Other than that one miniscule little correction detail (and the logos on the newest pair) they are indeed, absolutely identical, and [u']must have been based on the original mold. Same size, same lens angle, rake. lenth of arms......even the hinges for the arms are identical!Good to know! :thumbsup: Get the latest "classic" pair, they are awesome! :thumbsup:
Here's what the little gap looks like when the arms don't lay flush with the frames in the 80's frames. Can you see the little gap?This has been corrected on the new classic versions out now.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild