Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• ViceFanMan

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These Wayfarers are so :cool: Coop.Fantastic

Thanks!Yeah, it just doesn't get any better than NEW.I'm still in awe that I have this. Perhaps I DO have a time machine as some have speculated, drove 88mph, and just went back to the 80's and bought a pair. MARTY McCOOP. ;):)

Thanks!Yeah' date=' it just doesn't get any better than NEW.I'm still in awe that I have this. Perhaps I DO have a time machine as some have speculated, drove 88mph, and just went back to the 80's and bought a pair. MARTY McCOOP. ;):)[/quote']Its so :cool: and wouldn't it be nice to go back in time,I have wondered sometimes.

Thanks!Yeah' date=' it just doesn't get any better than NEW.I'm still in awe that I have this. Perhaps I DO have a time machine as some have speculated, drove 88mph, and just went back to the 80's and bought a pair. MARTY McCOOP. ;):)[/quote']
Its so :cool: and wouldn't it be nice to go back in time' date='I have wondered sometimes.[/quote']I'm only here because my FLUX CAPASITOR is broken.

YEP' date=':D:D[/quote']GREAT SCOT!!! I'm going to go back and get more rare MIAMI VICE 80's items to share with everyone! Whoa, this is heavy! :thumbsup:

WOW!!!! Those are awesome Coop - thanks for sharing!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: So I guess once you hit 88 miles per hour, we're going to see some serious shit! :)

WOW!!!! Those are awesome Coop - thanks for sharing!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: So I guess once you hit 88 miles per hour' date=' we're going to see some serious shit! :)[/quote']:D Not sure how the word s**t was allowed by the software, but yes, you got it correct, your going to see some serious S**t.Actually, I've posted some BACK TO THE FUTURE items in the scrapbook section, as I'm a fan of those three movies.I'm soooo happy to have these sunglasses! :thumbsup:

WOW!!!! Those are awesome Coop - thanks for sharing!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: So I guess once you hit 88 miles per hour' date=' we're going to see some serious shit! :)[/quote']
Funny girl! :)

I was thinking it would be hard NOT to wear these shades because they are new, but, I'll resist the urge. Got to preserve them.

[COLOR="#800080"">

Just like my first pair I bought in 1986' date=' Case, sticker, forward slant...without the bugly logo on the sides!!!:thumbsup:[/color']

Yep! It doesn't get any better than this! :thumbsup:

I'm just curious when did they start putting the ray ban labels on the lenses and how comon are the ones that dont have that on them?

I'm just curious when did they start putting the ray ban labels on the lenses and how comon are the ones that dont have that on them?

Do you mean the writing on the lenses? I'm not sure when they started doing it, but my last pair (called, "new raybans") had them on the lenses if I remember correctly, so it's been for a while now. I don't know when they started doing it. I'm guessing when LUXOTTICA bought them from the U.S. company.Well, the sunglasses that didn't have the writing on the lenses are in the millions, so I don't think they are too rare, however, finding an unused, unworn pair from the 80's is a bit unusual.

Yeah that's what I ment' date=' I'd like to also get a pair minus the labeling on it sometime down the line.[/quote']No need to do anything special, just do what Ferrariman taught us, and he and I both did, and that is to scrape off the writing with an exacto knife (or something similar). If your careful, it won't scratch the lens! I did it twice, and so did Ferrariman. Try it! :thumbsup:("It wasn't really hard at all. I tried it on an older pair first. Believe it or not I removed it with a little spit for lubrication and by very gently scraping it with an exacto knife. Whatever they used is definitely raised on the lens and comes off very easily. Not a single scratch on the lens!""As for the "coolness" factor, I've been wearing Ray Bans for years but this is my first pair with the original look. Yes they are cool!") - FERRARIMAN

Hmm I figured something like that would be possibile' date=' I just wasnt sure if it would work. thanks.[/quote']It absolutely does work! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hmm still trying to make up my mind about what to go with, you see I've already got a pair of raybands that I want to get rid of first to make room for it, rb3198 black with dark green lenses like this one:http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmlKTuZQJGISsMHEsrd93WQv19OQZKvcPh08zit9h8hZCx6jlNSg and the main reason why I got them is because when I bought them all of those years ago I had long hair so most of my face was covered by the hair and the sunglasses did a good job.now that I've gotten out of the long hair stage I kind of need bigger sunglasses to do the job as these things are practically the size of reading glasses and thus I have alot of light and space getting into my eyes around them when I wear them and to be honest I have a phobia of large sunglasses as I'm kind of afraid of looking like an idiot like some people do with them. atleast from what I've seen of the people of hollywood where the word fashion is another word for looking as dumb as possibile so I'm not sure if I fully want to go with them, but the wayfarers do basically look like an upped version of the glasses I have now, there classic made famous by the blues brothers and Don so they wouldnt be uncool and Im just wondering do they cover most of the area around the eyes like they look like they do with short hair or would they have some light coming in around them, although not as much as my rb3198?

No need to do anything special' date=' just do what Ferrariman taught us, and he and I both did, and that is to scrape off the writing with an exacto knife (or something similar). If your careful, it won't scratch the lens! I did it twice, and so did Ferrariman. Try it! :thumbsup:("It wasn't really hard at all. I tried it on an older pair first. Believe it or not I removed it with a little spit for lubrication and by very gently scraping it with an exacto knife. Whatever they used is definitely raised on the lens and comes off very easily. Not a single scratch on the lens!""As for the "coolness" factor, I've been wearing Ray Bans for years but this is my first pair with the original look. Yes they are cool!") - FERRARIMAN
Just tried that and works perfect. Sorry I had not seen that bit of advise before. Now I no longer have to be annoyed when I see that writing on my Rayban lense, because it is no longer there. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Just tried that and works perfect. Sorry I had not seen that bit of advise before. Now I no longer have to be annoyed when I see that writing on my Rayban lense' date=' because it is no longer there. Thanks.:thumbsup:[/quote']It's pretty cool, isn't it? Looks even closer to the 80'S version!!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmlKTuZQJGISsMHEsrd93WQv19OQZKvcPh08zit9h8hZCx6jlNSg and the main reason why I got them is because when I bought them all of those years ago I had long hair so most of my face was covered by the hair and the sunglasses did a good job.now that I've gotten out of the long hair stage I kind of need bigger sunglasses to do the job as these things are practically the size of reading glasses and thus I have alot of light and space getting into my eyes around them when I wear them and to be honest I have a phobia of large sunglasses as I'm kind of afraid of looking like an idiot like some people do with them. atleast from what I've seen of the people of hollywood where the word fashion is another word for looking as dumb as possibile so I'm not sure if I fully want to go with them, but the wayfarers do basically look like an upped version of the glasses I have now, there classic made famous by the blues brothers and Don so they wouldnt be uncool and Im just wondering do they cover most of the area around the eyes like they look like they do with short hair or would they have some light coming in around them, although not as much as my rb3198?

What I would do with a question like that is to go to a store that sells wayfarer sunglasses, and try on the different sizes, and look in the mirror there to see how they look on you. Then, after you learn which size is for you, then buy them online cheaper than at the shop you tried them on at. Make sure you try on the newest classic wayfarers. I don't seem to have any problem with light coming in around them, but that's up to you to decide.I won't wear anything else.