• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• ViceFanMan

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I've got some good news and bad news, the good news is that your technque for removing that god awful ray bans logo on the front really works and hasnt left any scratches on the old pair of raybans that I have from what I can tell that I just tried it on and it really makes a huge difference in the cool factor of the sunglasses as you shouldnt need a bunch of logos on your sunglasses or cars for it to be cool as it makes it looks like its just trying to hard to be cool.the bad news is that neither the old or the new style wayfarers work on my face and I decided to go with the RB3269 instead which look like an upped version of my old sunglasses with a black frame and green/black glasshttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEYuABpoy_IRRXPAKKKnyAB20R6nhdhv4X8MaNWnzmhYDooiFGhQalthough I have to admit I'm going to have to get used to wearing sunglasses again as I havent done it for quite some time while driving and it feels quite odd to do it again, although I would imagine its just like wearing a watch, after awhile you just get used to it and your body gets used to having that particular mass of weight there and then after awhile you wont even notice it.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEYuABpoy_IRRXPAKKKnyAB20R6nhdhv4X8MaNWnzmhYDooiFGhQalthough I have to admit I'm going to have to get used to wearing sunglasses again as I havent done it for quite some time while driving and it feels quite odd to do it again, although I would imagine its just like wearing a watch, after awhile you just get used to it and your body gets used to having that particular mass of weight there and then after awhile you wont even notice it.

I'm just the opposite. I never drive without my sunglasses. Doing without for me, would feel soooooo odd. I also feel naked without my sunglasses or a watch. I always have them.Have you ever tried on the large WAYFARER II sunglasses? Not sure if they make them anymore, but they were larger, and looked somewhat like the classic wayfarers.

I'm afraid not, but I did try on both the old style and the new style wayfarers but as I said they just didnt look good on me and I did also try on the rayban avator glasses as well and I swear those made me look downright like an alien, the kind you would have seen on the X files back in the 90'salthough the glasses certainly did make quite a difference driving back with them on, you dont quite realise how much glare there is till you put on the sunglasses and I guess that's the best way to look at them. their a tool to help you see better not just a fashion accessory which is also why for the longest time I didnt have a pair as it was also sort of like what modern hollywood did to modern lamborghini's for me, they just made them seem so uncool as you always see so many idiot celebrities wearing them and the gaudiest ones too, ditto for lamborghinis too, specifically with this video:

as after seeing this video I dont think Ill ever look at a modern lamborghini the same way ever again, still atleast they havent ruined the miura or the countach yet as most of those idiots probably dont have the strength to drive them as they dont have any power steering and really heavy controls so you really have to be an enthusiast to put up with that but I'm getting off topic.

Well COOP, you did it again and I'm simply in awe for another piece on vintage time era MV correctness which made that era sooo cool. Nice find buddy! So, I have to ask... When is the museum of authentic Miami Vice props and collectables going to open? I feel that it kinda has with your generosity with sharing all that you do in collecting and obtaining these classic props and actual items. It just has to be so inspiring to see in person the magnitude of all you've collected. I can't imagine the time and effort that has gone into the pursuit and acquiring of all these cool authentic items. I, once again, thank you so much for sharing! If I even try for a second to think of what all you have, my head starts to spin... Thank you again, Mike...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbsup:

Well COOP' date=' you did it again and I'm simply in awe for another piece on vintage time era MV correctness which made that era sooo cool. Nice find buddy! So, I have to ask... When is the museum of authentic Miami Vice props and collectables going to open? I feel that it kinda has with your generosity with sharing all that you do in collecting and obtaining these classic props and actual items. It just has to be so inspiring to see in person the magnitude of all you've collected. I can't imagine the time and effort that has gone into the pursuit and acquiring of all these cool authentic items. I, once again, thank you so much for sharing! If I even try for a second to think of what all you have, my head starts to spin... Thank you again, Mike...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbsup:[/quote']
actually thats not a bad idea' date=' theirs tons of museums for everything else so why not Vice as well?[/quote']Icemanmike, your the BEST!! Have you seen the MICHAEL MANN letter, and the cast autographed cast and crew hat? Those are way cool. I get multiple requests about opening a museum all the time. I don't have enough items to fill a museum. I could have it displayed as a special section of a museum.The time and effort is extremely time consuming to collect all these things. You have to be on the ball every waking hour, and write people all the time. Most of my free time is spent following leads. Most people would loose interest in a short period of time doing what it takes to do this. I'm just a one track minded person who loves MIAMI VICE more than most anything. Not many people can devote the time, or energy on something like this due to family, kids, spouse.It is amazing to actually hold these items, or wear them. It's surreal actually. It still blows my mind! I'm VERY happy to share these items with all of you MIAMI VICE fans. I love the feedback, and it just encourages me to continue doing this.You all are great! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Once again you never cease to amaze Coop!!!Nice find and thanks for sharing.I'm in Miami right now on assignment and the weather is gorgeous! I could use a good pair of RayBans :) Got to see some boat yards today and some of the big fishing yaghts (as I like to call anything over 55 feet long) were unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is boat heaven here...

Once again you never cease to amaze Coop!!!Nice find and thanks for sharing.I'm in Miami right now on assignment and the weather is gorgeous! I could use a good pair of RayBans :) Got to see some boat yards today and some of the big fishing yaghts (as I like to call anything over 55 feet long) were unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is boat heaven here...

Thanks for your never ending kind words pal-o-mine.I figured you'd be in the areas where boats would be. Your the expert here on boats, so I would wouldn't expect anything less. :)You'd look great with wayfarers. Most everybody does! :thumbsup:Have you taken pictures in MIAMI? If so, you know which website to share them on.

• 1 month later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5153[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5155[/ATTACH]Finally got my hands on unworn Wayfarers, too. And now I've got TWO of them. The images show the 5022 model Crockett wore all the time. Great to own a pair of new vintage Wayfarers.

post-9000-13892964044137_thumb.jpg

post-9000-1389296404504_thumb.jpg

post-9000-13892964046144_thumb.jpg

post-9000-13892964047033_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5153[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5155[/ATTACH]Finally got my hands on unworn Wayfarers' date=' too. And now I've got TWO of them. The images show the 5022 model Crockett wore all the time. Great to own a pair of new vintage Wayfarers.[/quote']Congrats! It's beautiful.

• 1 month later...

Guess what I have bought???It is a used one but I don't care.Found it on "marktplaats" (Dutch ebay)Haven't got time to make pictures yet But I was so happy that I had found them I just had to share.

Guess what I have bought???It is a used one but I don't care.Found it on "marktplaats" (Dutch ebay)Haven't got time to make pictures yet But I was so happy that I had found them I just had to share.

Used wayfarers any way you cut it are.....still WAYFARERS!! :thumbsup:CONGRATS! :clap:

Just love the Original Tortoise Shell Wayfarers!And when it comes to Ray-Bans - To me, they are THE sunglasses!I own a pair of those newer black Ray-Ban Wayfarer's, but hey - they're still Ray-Ban Wayfarers! :cool:Would be really cool to one day own a pair of those B&L 5022 Wayfarer's that Crockett sported. :cool:

To answer eXistenZ questionI paid 55 euro about 75 us dollars ( inclusief shipping)Here are two pictures[ATTACH=CONFIG]5401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5402[/ATTACH]

post-71-13892964182845_thumb.jpg

post-71-13892964183642_thumb.jpg

That is a good price and the cool soft case is included. But I'm not much of a fan of those bicolor models though, at least for men. I'm sure they look good when worn by women. :D