UNWORN, NEW, 1980'S WAYFARERS!

COOPER&BURNETT

To answer eXistenZ questionI paid 55 euro about 75 us dollars ( inclusief shipping)Here are two pictures[ATTACH=CONFIG]5401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5402[/ATTACH]

Oh, it's a two tone model. How cool is that! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• ViceFanMan

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

must have been based on the original mold. Same size, same lens angle, rake. lenth of arms......even the hinges for the arms are identical!Good to know! :thumbsup: Get the latest "classic" pair, they are awesome! :thumbsup:

Awesome to know, Cooper&Burnett!! I have the new classic versions of the tortoise shell (the "Crockett" sunglasses) and the basic black (which Castillo wore occasionally...but more associated with Tom Cruise in "Risky Business"). I love both and it's good to know that basically they are the same glasses as the original 80's Wayfarers! :clap: I regularly wear my black Wayfarers, and only use my tortoise shell ones for "good"--as they are my favorite. :glossy:However, I recently found a vintage pair of tortoise shell 5022's from the 80's on ebay! They are not brand new, unworn like yours (obviously yours are "perfect" and rule ;) ) but they are in very good vintage condition! :thumbsup: I haven't received them yet...as I just purchased them today, but I can't wait!! :D They look so freakin' cool! :cool:

I bought my last pair in that style with that case mid 90's believe it or not at walmart for $44.00!:cool:

May have to dig them out as I'm wearing a pink jacket, black shirt, white pants and shoes for Easter services tomorrow. I'm preparing myself ahhead of time for the comments!:DMay have to wear clubmasters as Wayfarers are worn,,,even my prescrition are a newer form of clubmasters.

May have to dig them out as I'm wearing a pink jacket' date=' black shirt, white pants and shoes for Easter services tomorrow. I'm preparing myself ahhead of time for the comments!:DMay have to wear clubmasters as Wayfarers are worn,,,even my prescrition are a newer form of clubmasters.[/quote']Don't have a pink jacket...although that would be awesome! :thumbsup: I do, however, have several pink shirts and will be wearing one, along with white pants and sandals with no socks, tomorrow for Easter services too! I also will be wearing my tortoise shell Ray Ban Wayfarers. :cool:The tortoise shell Wayfarers are the new classic style--the 2140's. I'm still waiting on my vintage 5022's to arrive. But, they're basically the same thing.Speaking of the pink jacket again...I may have to go get me one sometime soon. All the pastels and 80's stuff is back in style again. :clap:As for other's comments...they can deal with it! ;) Like it or not pink, teal, yellow, light purples, light blues, light or neon greens, all the 80's colors are back! So I'm gonna enjoy it while I can...again! :) I love wearing my pastel, "MV", 80's stuff--and those that don't like it don't have to look at it. :D

Here is a pic of the vintage tortoise shell Ray Ban Wayfarer 5022's I'm waiting on to arrive. I already have a pair of the new version of the classic sunglasses...the 2140's. But, even though they're basically the same thing, this will be like having the original ones Crockett wore...I can't Wait!! :thumbsup: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7765[/ATTACH]

post-483-13892965474139_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Another Ray Ban Wayfarer question...Cooper&Burnett's glasses, and the pair I recently purchased, are vintage Ray Ban 5022's. However, I read once that Crockett's tortoise shell Wayfarers were 2052's. Is this true...or incorrect? If it is true, are there any differences between the models?

Might be a simple series number like the 2000 series made between X amount of years. kinda like they did with smith and wesson with the dashes behind the model number. like for instance model 29 - 2 (1963 - 1982)

Might be a simple series number like the 2000 series made between X amount of years. kinda like they did with smith and wesson with the dashes behind the model number. like for instance model 29 - 2 (1963 - 1982)

I think I may have found the answer to my question...that for some reason both numbers are the same glasses. I looked on ebay just to see if I could find a pair of Wayfarers with the 2052 model number. This is the title of one pair I found up for auction: VINTAGE B&L RAY BAN USA L2052 G15 THICK TORTOISE WAYFARER 5022 SUNGLASSES. As you can see both the 2052 and 5022 numbers are included...so I'm thinking they're the same thing. One is probably the model number...while the other number is possibly for something else. The classic style of Wayfarers you can buy now have the model numbers of 2140, so I'm thinking the 2052 might have been the actual model number...while the 5022 might stand for something else. However, the 5022 is the only number that is shown on the glasses...so I'm still not sure what number is correct and/or what each number stands for??

part number L2052 = 5022 (50mm lens 22mm bridge) Tortoise framepart number L2053 = 5024 (50mm lens 24mm bridge) Tortoise framepart number L2008 = 5022 (50mm lens 22mm bridge) Black framepart number L2009 = 5024 (50mm lens 24mm bridge) Black frame

part number L2052 = 5022 (50mm lens 22mm bridge) Tortoise framepart number L2053 = 5024 (50mm lens 24mm bridge) Tortoise framepart number L2008 = 5022 (50mm lens 22mm bridge) Black framepart number L2009 = 5024 (50mm lens 24mm bridge) Black frame

So they just switched around the numbers then to make it sound fresh? and there's basically a full size and a baby version of the wayfarers?hmm wonder if he wore both then? great now I'm wondering if the one that didnt suit me was the big or the small one.

Awesome...Thanks' date=' Beach_Vice! So, I was right...the 5022's and L2052's [i']are the same thing. Thanks for clarifying the meaning of each number. :thumbsup:
So they just switched around the numbers then to make it sound fresh? and there's basically a full size and a baby version of the wayfarers?hmm wonder if he wore both then? great now I'm wondering if the one that didnt suit me was the big or the small one.
There is usually a "standard" or "regular" size (the 22 mm bridge)...and then a large size (the 24 mm bridge). From what I've seen available, both in stores now and vintage online, the large size ones are more rare. Both the vintage 2052's and the present day 2140's are 5022's...and have the regular or smaller 50 mm lens and 22 mm bridge. I have a newer pair of tortoise shell Ray Ban Wayfarer 2140's and they too have a 5022 on one of the ear pieces. Didn't notice that before until I really looked. I also have a pair of vintage 2052's and it actually only has the 5022 listed on it...but not 2052. But, from what I understand now...they are 2052's. The 2052 is the model number...and the 5022 is the sizing number. Also, the present day 2140 and the vintage 2052 are almost exactly the same sunglasses. The only differences are the Ray Ban logo on the ear pieces of the present day Wayfarers...and a no tiny gap between the ear pieces and the lens frames, which the vintage original ones did have. Other than that they're identical.

are the same thing. Thanks for clarifying the meaning of each number. :thumbsup:There is usually a "standard" or "regular" size (the 22 mm bridge)...and then a large size (the 24 mm bridge). From what I've seen available, both in stores now and vintage online, the large size ones are more rare. Both the vintage 2052's and the present day 2140's are 5022's...and have the regular or smaller 50 mm lens and 22 mm bridge. I have a newer pair of tortoise shell Ray Ban Wayfarer 2140's and they too have a 5022 on one of the ear pieces. Didn't notice that before until I really looked. I also have a pair of vintage 2052's and it actually only has the 5022 listed on it...but not 2052. But, from what I understand now...they are 2052's. The 2052 is the model number...and the 5022 is the sizing number. Also, the present day 2140 and the vintage 2052 are almost exactly the same sunglasses. The only differences are the Ray Ban logo on the ear pieces of the present day Wayfarers...and a no tiny gap between the ear pieces and the lens frames, which the vintage original ones did have. Other than that they're identical.

Yeash a little all over the place no? lol but alright so there is a method to the madness. Wonder what the hell I tried on then.

Yeash a little all over the place no? lol but alright so there is a method to the madness. Wonder what the hell I tried on then.

Good to know they are the same thing 5022:shout::D:thumbsup:

I know...it was confusing to me too. :rolleyes: Sometimes I think people purposely make things as complicated or difficult as possible...just because. But, I think I finally understood what all the numbers were for...one was the model number, and one was only for size. As for which one you tried on...it would depend on what the model number was, and/or if that model number was listed on the glasses themselves, as well as if they were black or tortoise shell. :cool:

I know...it was confusing to me too. :rolleyes: Sometimes I think people purposely make things as complicated or difficult as possible...just because. But' date=' I think I finally understood what all the numbers were for...one was the model number, and one was only for size. As for which one you tried on...it would depend on what the model number was, and/or if that model number was listed on the glasses themselves, as well as if they were black or tortoise shell. :cool:[/quote']Yeah I know what you mean, basically need a playbook of the language to understand it sometimes with alot of things.think they were all black I remember, I just went to the sunglass hut at the mall to try them on in person. Didn't seem to look right with my face shape, so I went with a different one.probably original wayfarer or something from the look of it with a quick google searchI Would say the model number I went with instead but I keep them in the drivers side pocket of the car and I cant remember what it is at present. looks kinda like a slight wrap around of the persoles he wore in S3 with thinner stems and bridge, sort of like a modernized version of it in a way.also I'm kind of regretting not going with one that has a lighter shade of tint on the sunglasses, not a 100 black but kinda greylike the kind paul is wearing herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk3Tl22XZRUdid use coopers trick with the labeling on the front to remove the raybans logo on the glass by the way, the one with the exacto knife. but there good sunglasses nonetheless, just kinda wish I had gone for a lighter contrast as I keep thinking I'm in the blues brothers with them on or like I'm roleplaying the skull from scarface or something given the sharp contrast to my skin tone.also wonder if this counts as a wayfarer variant, found this on an ebay search for the testarossa, kinda wild lookinghttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Testarossa-Brown-Sun-Glasses-/181144904589?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item2a2d13e38d

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk3Tl22XZRUdid use coopers trick with the labeling on the front to remove the raybans logo on the glass by the way, the one with the exacto knife. but there good sunglasses nonetheless, just kinda wish I had gone for a lighter contrast as I keep thinking I'm in the blues brothers with them on or like I'm roleplaying the skull from scarface or something given the sharp contrast to my skin tone.also wonder if this counts as a wayfarer variant, found this on an ebay search for the testarossa, kinda wild lookinghttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Testarossa-Brown-Sun-Glasses-/181144904589?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item2a2d13e38d

LOL! :) Like Crockett said...you need a program just to know the players. ;) Anyway, certain sunglasses sometimes don't look right on some people...but I always wear what I want. :p I LOVE Ray Ban Wayfarers and will always wear them. Growing up I always wore cheap Walmart knock-offs...but eventually got the real thing. :cool: Personally, my favorite is the Crockett Tortoise shell original...but I also have a black pair that I like too. Personally, I never have cared for grey...but that's just me. I have three pairs of Ray Ban Wayfarers...a present day Tortoise shell pair (2140/5022), a present day black pair (2140/5022), and a vintage tortoise shell pair (2052/5022). The "new" ones do have the Ray Ban logo pieces on the ear pieces...but I actually like that! It lets people know that I have the real thing. ;) So, I'm not taking a knife and popping those off. :rolleyes: My vintage pair does not have the logo pieces and so I can enjoy the original vintage look when wearing those. Basically, other than the logo pieces they are all the same sunglasses.Awesome video of 'ol "Starsky"! :thumbsup: He looked good...better than the last time I saw him on something. Didn't care for his glasses...but they looked good on him. Also really liked those Ferrari Testarossa sunglasses!! :clap: I would say they are definitely a knock-off from the traditional Wayfarer and/or are a Wayfarer variant. If those had been around when "MV" was on...I bet you Don/Crockett would have worn them for sure! Then he'd of had Ferrari Testarossa sunglasses to go with his actual Ferrari Testarossa! :D

real thing. ;) So, I'm not taking a knife and popping those off. :rolleyes: My vintage pair does not have the logo pieces and so I can enjoy the original vintage look when wearing those. Basically, other than the logo pieces they are all the same sunglasses.Awesome video of 'ol "Starsky"! :thumbsup: He looked good...better than the last time I saw him on something. Didn't care for his glasses...but they looked good on him. Also really liked those Ferrari Testarossa sunglasses!! :clap: I would say they are definitely a knock-off from the traditional Wayfarer and/or are a Wayfarer variant. If those had been around when "MV" was on...I bet you Don/Crockett would have worn them for sure! Then he'd of had Ferrari Testarossa sunglasses to go with his actual Ferrari Testarossa! :D

indeed, also I checked the number on the glasses its a 3269, guess that means a 32mm Bridge with 69 mm glass then with the Wayfarer formula here.wonder if I should have gone for this http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAY-BAN-RB3269-3269-004-58-Gunmetal-Polarized-RayBan-63mm-Sunglasses-/190841628135?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item2c6f0c25e7instead of straight black http://www.ebay.com/itm/rayban-sunglasses-/171049635421?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item27d35a4e5dalso it makes me wonder if there's sort of a mathematical formula there to getting the right sunglasses for said persons face actually.given well theres an about a 20mm difference between the lenses of mine and the Wayfarer, along with a 10mm in the frame. maybe I just need to look for one or a clone that matches the dimensions of the 3269.with the labeling I do like it on the stems there, its on the lenses that it bothers me as you can see on the ebay ones there. As it just looks kinda tacked on and unnecessary, think like a guy putting prancing horse badges all over the front and the sides of the testarossa.It makes me wanna go yes I get it its a ferrari/rayban sunglasses, that's no excuse for dropping the name that much and turning a sleak design into a walking billboard. at the very least dont make it bright white against a blackdrop, make it like a dark grey to blend in better against the gloss black and to make it a subtitle hint that there geniune raybans.also speaking of which looking at the ebay ads there for the 3269 since when do they make legit raybans in china? I wasnt aware they made any at all there and mine do say italy on them along with the ones in the photo that say there from china.I gotta wonder is it just someone trying to BS the price down? or is there any truth to that? and isnt that illegal to say made somewhere like italy and not say made in china elsewear?although that wouldnt be the first time I've come across that from an established brand, happened with a ruger air gun that said made in the USA and then in the fine print made in china. Yeah I'm glad Paul seems to be holding together well, I just so happened to see the video when looking up the torino after I saw it a month or so ago and while his son's glasses seem way too red the ice blue/grey really worked for him.whatever the name for it was.Yeah they probably would have given those sunglasses a shot I would imagine, theres also a red and blue one in the suggestions there which looks wild. Like Legit 3D sunglasses or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAY-BAN-RB3269-3269-004-58-Gunmetal-Polarized-RayBan-63mm-Sunglasses-/190841628135?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item2c6f0c25e7instead of straight black http://www.ebay.com/itm/rayban-sunglasses-/171049635421?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item27d35a4e5dalso it makes me wonder if there's sort of a mathematical formula there to getting the right sunglasses for said persons face actually.given well theres an about a 20mm difference between the lenses of mine and the Wayfarer, along with a 10mm in the frame. maybe I just need to look for one or a clone that matches the dimensions of the 3269.with the labeling I do like it on the stems there, its on the lenses that it bothers me as you can see on the ebay ones there. As it just looks kinda tacked on and unnecessary, think like a guy putting prancing horse badges all over the front and the sides of the testarossa.It makes me wanna go yes I get it its a ferrari/rayban sunglasses, that's no excuse for dropping the name that much and turning a sleak design into a walking billboard. at the very least dont make it bright white against a blackdrop, make it like a dark grey to blend in better against the gloss black and to make it a subtitle hint that there geniune raybans.also speaking of which looking at the ebay ads there for the 3269 since when do they make legit raybans in china? I wasnt aware they made any at all there and mine do say italy on them along with the ones in the photo that say there from china.I gotta wonder is it just someone trying to BS the price down? or is there any truth to that? and isnt that illegal to say made somewhere like italy and not say made in china elsewear?although that wouldnt be the first time I've come across that from an established brand, happened with a ruger air gun that said made in the USA and then in the fine print made in china. Yeah I'm glad Paul seems to be holding together well, I just so happened to see the video when looking up the torino after I saw it a month or so ago and while his son's glasses seem way too red the ice blue/grey really worked for him.whatever the name for it was.Yeah they probably would have given those sunglasses a shot I would imagine, theres also a red and blue one in the suggestions there which looks wild. Like Legit 3D sunglasses or something.

I'm not sure if the 3269 is the model number or the size? Take my new Wayfarers, the 2140's...their size number is still 5022. Those numbers do not compare at all. So, I'm thinking the 3269 is the model number, but the size number of your glasses is probably something different.I know sometimes certain brands or products will claim...say "Made in the U.S.A.", when they're really made in another country. I think they get away with that because the material used to make the product is from here...but the product in reality is made or put together in another country in sweatshops. :evil: This is a "goofy" comparison, but when buying a package of underwear in say Walmart...the package sometimes would advertise as "Product of the U.S.A." giving you the impression it was made here...but on the back towards the bottom it would say "Made in Honduras...or Malaysia....or some other country (which means sweatshops)." But, as far as I know true Ray Bans are made in Italy. All the Wayfarers I have state "Hand Made in Italy", and the info that comes with the glasses I believe say they're made in Agordo Italy. But, there are tons of knock-offs and "fakes" made and sold all over the world.

Product of the U.S.A." giving you the impression it was made here...but on the back towards the bottom it would say "Made in Honduras...or Malaysia....or some other country (which means sweatshops)." But, as far as I know true Ray Bans are made in Italy. All the Wayfarers I have state "Hand Made in Italy", and the info that comes with the glasses I believe say they're made in Agordo Italy. But, there are tons of knock-offs and "fakes" made and sold all over the world.

yeah your probably right, gonna have to look it up on the raybans website then. Lol damn it though I had the code down.hmm so the materials are from here, but it's made somewhere else, man that's kinda low in that regard but I have heard of GM's being made in Mexico and Canada, probably had the engine made here or something knowing how that goes for example. probably trying to jip the american auto workers union that they supposedly recently signed up. Which has a so so reputation from what I understand by doing that. FYI I Only heard of that by proxy by the way as one of the people looking into the C7 didnt feel comfortable with going with one because they heard it was now going to be made by them. think it was on ferrarichat I believe when the first photos and footage of the C7 hit, wonder if we got another British leeland disaster on the horizon for GM actually. wonder if that has anything to do with the government loan from 08 actually. Hmm I just hope that ebay seller has his facts mixed up, maybe someone lied to him and told them they were made in china to get the prices down or they delt in fake raybans from time to to time? Plus what sense would it make to have them made in china when to even ship from there to SF it would be expensive. letalone italy to China, China to SF, then to Boston?wouldnt it make more sense to go from italy to boston?and I bought them from a reputable place too, not like I bought them off of ebay. hell theres a rolex shop down from it at the mall too so I doubt they were fake. and they are centered in italy apparently, hope its just hearsay BS or something. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunglass_Hut_International