UNWORN, NEW, 1980'S WAYFARERS!

COOPER&BURNETT

Yeah, some of the auto makers have the parts shipped to be assembled somewhere else. :rolleyes: But, that's the way it is. But, some things are made where they're advertised and from what I've always understood Ray Ban would be one of them. Ray Ban possibly could have a factory in China I guess...but I've never heard of that.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• ViceFanMan

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah' date=' some of the auto makers have the parts shipped to be assembled somewhere else. :rolleyes: But, that's the way it is. But, some things are made where they're advertised and from what I've always understood Ray Ban would be one of them. Ray Ban possibly could have a factory in China I guess...but I've never heard of that.[/quote']Yeah and I hope not, I mean usually China made crap has a look and a feel about it. Its almost always cheap and made out of low grade materials like bad brittle plastic. While my sunglasses feel quite sturdy and well I've had a passenger sit on them once and she not break them.of which I remember coop saying he did with one of his wayfarer pairs back then.also theres some other labels on the 3269's hereLeft side inside stem:RB3269 006 63 with a square between here and the next digit 18 3nwonder if some of that could be the measurements for it Right side inside stemrayban in cursive, made in italy r CEalong with rayban logos on the outside in a patch just after the hinges on both stems, except all black like I said the white rayban logo on the glass would have looked better as.

Yeah and I hope not' date=' I mean usually China made crap has a look and a feel about it. Its almost always cheap and made out of low grade materials like bad brittle plastic. While my sunglasses feel quite sturdy and well I've had a passenger sit on them once and she not break them.of which I remember coop saying he did with one of his wayfarer pairs back then.also theres some other labels on the 3269's hereLeft side inside stem:RB3269 006 63 with a square between here and the next digit 18 3nwonder if some of that could be the measurements for it Right side inside stemrayban in cursive, made in italy r CEalong with rayban logos on the outside in a patch just after the hinges on both stems, except all black like I said the white rayban logo on the glass would have looked better as.[/quote']Yeah, my Wayfarers say RB2140 902 50 22 (with a little square in between the 50 and 22) 3N, on the inside left ear piece. Obviously the RB stands for Ray Ban, the 2140 is the model number, and the 5022 is the size number. I do not know what the 902 or the 3N stand for? Mine also have WAYFARER hand made in Italy L CE on the inside right ear piece. Both outer ear pieces have the cursive Ray Ban logos on them, as well as a tiny Ray Ban in white on the outter top right side lens. My black pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers have all the same numbers as my tortoise shell...except there's a 901 in between the 2140 and the 5022. But, they appear to be the exact same glasses, except for the color difference. Again, don't know what the 901/902 stand for?So, the 3269 is your model number, and I think the 6318 is your size number. Again, not sure what the 3N is? As for knock-offs or fakes...yeah, a lot of them are cheaply made and you can tell the quality is not near as good as true Ray Ban.

Yeah' date=' my Wayfarers say RB2140 902 50 22 (with a little square in between the 50 and 22) 3N, on the inside left ear piece. Obviously the RB stands for Ray Ban, the 2140 is the model number, and the 5022 is the size number. I do not know what the 902 or the 3N stand for? Mine also have WAYFARER hand made in Italy L CE on the inside right ear piece. Both outer ear pieces have the cursive Ray Ban logos on them, as well as a tiny Ray Ban in white on the outter top right side lens. My black pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers have all the same numbers as my tortoise shell...except there's a 901 in between the 2140 and the 5022. But, they appear to be the exact same glasses, except for the color difference. Again, don't know what the 901/902 stand for?So, the 3269 is your model number, and I think the 6318 is your size number. Again, not sure what the 3N is? As for knock-offs or fakes...yeah, a lot of them are cheaply made and you can tell the quality is not near as good as true Ray Ban.[/quote']Might be the same thing the 006 stands for on mine it looks like, its the model number out of those variants of that particular style of sunglasseshttp://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb3269/006goes from 006 to 004, although there's some extra numbers after it on one or two of them. Best bet those might mean polarized which I didnt opt for with mineprobably the same goes for yours from the look of ithttp://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2140/902http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2140/901with 3N I'm not sure, probably a production number, like the 3rd run of the N production, they sometimes use the lettering system for a whole production block with the numbers dividing it till they move over to the next one.atleast that's what they seem to use with guns alot, namely vintage smith and wessons. Also looks like they may have a burnett version of the wayfarer coming out apparently:http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2140/901s3r

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb3269/006goes from 006 to 004, although there's some extra numbers after it on one or two of them. Best bet those might mean polarized which I didnt opt for with mineprobably the same goes for yours from the look of ithttp://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2140/902http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2140/901with 3N I'm not sure, probably a production number, like the 3rd run of the N production, they sometimes use the lettering system for a whole production block with the numbers dividing it till they move over to the next one.atleast that's what they seem to use with guns alot, namely vintage smith and wessons. Also looks like they may have a burnett version of the wayfarer coming out apparently:http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2140/901s3r

The "Burnett" version of the Wayfarer is the classic version of the original Wayfarer out now. They are the 2140's I talked about earlier. They're the same glasses as the true original 2052's, except for the little RayBan logos on the ear pieces. The 901 or 902 numbers I think are just to identify the different colors of the frames. I have a black pair and a tortoise shell pair of these 2140's. The black ones have a 901 and the tortoise ones have a 902. My original, vintage tortoise shell 2052's don't include a "900" number. All these sunglasses have the size number of 5022...unless you'd specifically look for the bigger size of 5024.

is the classic version of the original Wayfarer out now. They are the 2140's I talked about earlier. They're the same glasses as the true original 2052's" data-date=" except for the little RayBan logos on the ear pieces. The 901 or 902 numbers I think are just to identify the different [I">

colors of the frames. I have a black pair and a tortoise shell pair of these 2140's. The black ones have a 901 and the tortoise ones have a 902. My original, vintage tortoise shell 2052's don't include a "900" number. All these sunglasses have the size number of 5022...unless you'd specifically look for the bigger size of 5024.

huh I thought they were more blue than that then, hmm they must have added the 900 thing recently then

huh I thought they were more blue than that then' date=' hmm they must have added the 900 thing recently then[/quote']Not sure what is more "blue"? If you mean the lens on some of the Wayfarers with the "Burnett Version" link, there was one or two pair that had a polarized lens...which sort of gives them a "bluish" look--at least in the pic I saw. But, the others had the classic, regular "green" or dark lens.As for the 900-thing...I think those were created for the new Wayfarers, so I guess it would be fairly recent. Again, I think they're just for differentiating the frame colors (my Tortoise Shell ones have a 902 and my Black ones have a 901)...but I could be wrong on that??

Not sure what is more "blue"? If you mean the lens on some of the Wayfarers with the "Burnett Version" link' date=' there was one or two pair that had a polarized lens...which sort of gives them a "bluish" look--at least in the pic I saw. But, the others had the classic, regular "green" or dark lens.As for the 900-thing...I think those were created for the new Wayfarers, so I guess it would be fairly recent. Again, I think they're just for differentiating the frame colors (my Tortoise Shell ones have a 902 and my Black ones have a 901)...but I could be wrong on that??[/quote']Yeah that was the one I Was talking about with the blue/polarized lenses, best bet your right on the money about that 901 902 thing.