SROBAK!!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Many of the older members on our site will remember our good buddy srobak. Well, after abusing members on .org for years he was eventually booted by me ( an act I will fondly remember 'til the day I die!)Well I recently posted the link to our site on wikipedia to which I received a computer generated e-mail from wikipedia stating that my edits have been deleted by none other than....drum roll please...srobak!It seems that after being banned from numerous sites (by his own admission) srobak has taken his bullying act to wikipedia and if you read his User talk page you will see his usual repeated methods of harrassing other members, bullying them and editing their additions to the site. The man redefines the term "power trip"Wikipedia, if you didn't know, allows anybody to post information about any topic. I have filed a complaint against srobak but in the meantime I would like to request that everybody who reads this post to go to wikipedia and add our link to the "external links" section of the page just to drive him crazy! If he deletes your stuff, file a complaint! This child needs to be slapped down hard!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Vice

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Ferrariman

• alleycat

• Christian

What a snot! :thumbsdown::evil:Another member here tried to post our link, and srobak also did the same thing to him.He must be stopped.Please, do what Ferrariman asks. He must be stopped.

I put the link up' date='first time editing at wikipedia.I will try to help out.[/quote']THANK YOU! YOUR A HERO! :clap::clap::clap:

Your very welcome' date='you could say its my first cherry doing it.Glad to help anytime:D[/quote'] I hope others will follow your lead. Thank you for doing this.Thanks again. We need to stop this guy once and for all. He's a PRICK, and an enemy of this site. :thumbsdown::evil:Thank you hero!

Your very welcome' date='you could say its my first cherry doing it.Glad to help anytime:D[/quote']
This guy sounds like bad news' date='I hope other people on here step up to the plate also to exterminate this rat[/quote']Think of him as Calderone. :thumbsdown:

The idea is good' date=' but he's bad news.[/quote']I have dealt with people like that before,when somebody is bad news thats a challenge which I always like.Believe in KARMA is a bitch but we will deal with this problem.I hope it helps.

I have dealt with people like that before' date='when somebody is bad news thats a challenge which I always like.Believe in KARMA is a bitch but we will deal with this problem.I hope it helps.[/quote']What you did helps. Big Time.He would like to bring this site down. Get the idea?Whenever you can help, we'd really appreciate it. :blumen:

I tried to help,but after registering it tells me that only "establishes users" are able to make changes, because the page is currently "semi-protected"!

I totally understand your position with said guy and I respect that. What I'm gonna say next has nothing to do with him - I don't know the guy and I don't want to know! What I want to say has to do with the Wikipedia content guidelines itself; as I wanted to do what you asked for I also noticed what Christian said; it's semi protected. So far so good. However the Castillo in me couldn't help checking out the policies about posting external links, and not to sound like a total as***** but posting external links to fan sites is considered 'to be avoided'.You can find the explanation on this page under 'Links normally to be avoided' paragraph 11.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:External_links I'm really sorry about it.:cry:

It did not take long he blocked my edit and said it was for advertisement.This guy is a real Prick.Well,time to do the next phase.

• Administrators
However the Castillo in me couldn't help checking out the policies about posting external links' date=' and not to sound like a total as***** but posting external links to fan sites is considered 'to be avoided'[/quote']Good work, detetive! :clap:I made the same experiences when I tried to link the board to Wikipedia three or four years ago. I also had to learn that Wikipedia tries to avoid links to fan sites and especially to fan boards. And I can understand them. Wikipedia tries to be a reliable source with suitable and useable information for all who use the site for their research. Fans sites not only offer information but also a variety of discussion and opinions - which is interesting for the fans but not for those who do a "research". In this regard Srobak's action is covered by the Wikipedia policies.You should not try to link the board itself - but only specific articles in the glossary which implement Wikipedia's interest for information. In some Wikipedia articles I added links to the interview section for example. I did it three/four years ago - and the links are still there. You know what I mean? :cool:

After I read the title i thought someone else was asking to srobak return... Y´know...some guys have all the luck....

It's not just fan sites, I think it's message boards in general. I'm an admin on another board and we had the same problem. A banned member edited our link from Wikipedia permanently. When we tried to re-post the link, we discovered the same info you did.

policies.You should not try to link the board itself - but only specific articles in the glossary which implement Wikipedia's interest for information. In some Wikipedia articles I added links to the interview section for example. I did it three/four years ago - and the links are still there. You know what I mean? :cool:

I understand Ell.a!So maybe our glossary has to be the point of interest for the guys of Wikipedia...I mean where in the intire world can people get the most knowledge of MIAMI VICE?!? At Wikipedia? No.ONLY IN OUR GLOSSARY!!!We just gotta let Wikipedia know!