Episode #52 "Better Living Through Chemistry"

Ferrariman

I would have preferred this song “sex and fame” being used during the opening club scene. The reuse of born to be wild was a poor choice by Fred Lyle imo. Still a great rewatchable episode.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Why Castillo Was Awesome reason# 3,429:

When he brought Tubbs the classified file on the NY shooting. 

Tubbs didn’t ask for this, but Castillo knew it was something important to him in the moment, and this was the only way he was going to get it. 

I will always love the way he presents it to him, and how he  grants him permission to go to NY immediately without hesitation. 

This is the kind of person I want to be. :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

In this episode an important scene was filmed, but cut. As I have the production notes, I want to share this, as this scene missing is in my opinion a major flaw in this episode.

Day 4 of filming Friday 19 September, 12:30 pm (long shoot the night before) until 12:29 am after midnight again. Now it gets interesting: they filmed the final shoot out at Bayside (location changed on) and the short notice, was planned to be a plant at NE160 Street and BIscayne Bvd) n moved to the Guzman Cultural center in Downtown where they filmed the "Ext. NY Tenement" (scene 34) that is a flashback of Tubbs to the bookie shooting in NYC. This scene is after Castillo gives him the confidential file and before Tubbs asks Caatillo to fly to NYC. I think it s the biggest mistake of this episode to have cut this small scene, as the whole episode we hear about it but never can imagine what really happened (is Batisse wrong that Tubbs should have seen something or was it ice cold murder by a cop?). This flashback scene would have lasted under a minute and they could have trimmed some Izzy scenes that got much too long (e.g. Izzy fliddling around before picking the lock for around 1 minute) instead.

See the lost scene below.

BetterlivingDELSC34.thumb.jpg.581fe93bea9038e1c54264f4fd440c77.jpg

BetterlivingDELSC34_2.thumb.jpg.b1218d61e407b12dfb4f45efe9a50487.jpg

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2