My Don Johnson Autographed Photos:)

DJAngel

Here are 3 of my autographed photos. They are my personal photographs that I had enlarged, and I sent them to the MV Production Office in Miami. I wrote letters to Don for each one and asked him to sign the photos.This photo was taken on Feb 1, 1986 in San Francisco, California, in front of the Fairmont Hotel on Nob Hill. I think I posted somewhere on this website about our trip to SF that day in hopes of seeing Don, and we did get lucky. After a lot of inquiring at hotels on Nob Hill, someone told us the Pepsi Convention Celebrity attendees were staying at the Fairmont and the Pepsi Convention was being held just down the street from there. We ended up seeing Don, Glen Frey, Michael J. Fox, and Billy Crystal. I got photos of everyone but Billy Crystal. When I got the photos, I had an 8x10 of Don, and I sent it to the studio. In the letter to Don, I told him I loved the song 'Heartbeat' :happy: That's why he signed it 'Thump...Thump' :DEingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

Don on the golf course at Miami Shores Country ClubThis was taken by me in February 1988. Don was participating in a Charity Golf Tournament at Miami Shores Country Club. This was at the beginning of our Feb 1988 trip to Miami. We knew about it because USA Today had an article about the tournament before we went.This is one of my photos of Don on the golf course that day. Soon after we returned from Miami, I sent this 8x10 to the MV offices in Miami with a letter telling Don how great it was seeing him on the golf course and filming on the set. I asked him to sign the photo :happy:Eingefügtes Bild

DJ on the set of 'Dead Bang' in Los AngelesWe went to Los Angeles to watch filming of 'Dead Bang.' I posted about our trip there earlier here on this website. That was in July 1988. I sent the 8x10 photo to MV offices a few months later with a letter to Don asking him to sign the photo for my Birthday :happy:Eingefügtes Bild

Why didn't you post these FANTASTIC photos before???DJAngel, these are absolutely WONDERFUL! :clap::clap:DJAngel, you have GOT to be DON JOHNSON's BIGGEST FAN!! HANDS DOWN.THANK YOU for sharing these photos you took (which look like a Pro took them by the way), and his autographs, and the stories behind them.

Thanks for the compliment, but you know when you took as many pictures as I did of Don, something is going to come out good, I guess. I don't know why I didn't post them before, but I've always thought of doing it. Can you believe how happy I was to get these back in the mail. I never knew if I would get them back signed, but I always did. I have more. They are packed away. I know you think I should have them displayed. Well, I did have them displayed for years, but now I don't have room for them. They are in a box :eek:

Thanks for the compliment' date=' but you know when you took as many pictures as I did of Don, something is going to come out good, I guess. I don't know why I didn't post them before, but I've always thought of doing it. Can you believe how happy I was to get these back in the mail. I never knew if I would get them back signed, but I always did. I have more. They are packed away. I know you think I should have them displayed. Well, I did have them displayed for years, but now I don't have room for them. They are in a box :eek:[/quote']You don't have to display them......but I wanna SEE them. UNPACK THOSE SUCKERS! :thumbsup:Let's take a look!

You don't have to display them......but I wanna SEE them. UNPACK THOSE SUCKERS! :thumbsup:Let's take a look!

Ok, Coop, I'm going to do that ;)

Wow DJAngel - thanks so much for sharing these!!! :thumbsup: I am so glad for you that they were returned to you signed - what a treasure.You've got......more??!! :eek:

Wow DJAngel - thanks so much for sharing these!!! :thumbsup: I am so glad for you that they were returned to you signed - what a treasure.You've got......more??!! :eek:

Yes, I do.

This is at the 1995 AT&T Pro-Am Golf Tournament in Pebble Beach. Caught Don coming out of the Club House. We asked him to take a picture with us, and he told his assistant, "They are my angels." :DEingefügtes Bild

DJAngel, your the MIAMIVICEONLINE.COM STAR TODAY! :clap:Who knew you had all these treasures!!Pebble Beach sure is a wonderful golf course. I've been there, and LOVE IT!

it's so much fun to share these with MV fans :D Thanks CoopThanks Definitely CrockettPebble Beach is great, but have not been back there since that tournament in 1995. Don talked a little bit on the golf course one day about starting a new series - 'Nash Bridges', and I think it was just being publicised that he would do that new series in the Fall. After that he never played in the AT&T again. The tournament is in late January/early February each year. I'm sure it did not fit into his schedule anymore because of Nash Bridges filming. I always call Pebble Beach every year and check the web page just to be sure in case he shows up again.

it's so much fun to share these with MV fans :D Thanks CoopThanks Definitely CrockettPebble Beach is great' date=' but have not been back there since that tournament in 1995. Don talked a little bit on the golf course one day about starting a new series - 'Nash Bridges', and I think it was just being publicised that he would do that new series in the Fall. After that he never played in the AT&T again. The tournament is in late January/early February each year. I'm sure it did not fit into his schedule anymore because of Nash Bridges filming. I always call Pebble Beach every year and check the web page just to be sure in case he shows up again.[/quote']I've always enjoyed talking to the Pebble Beach members. Classy people! The grounds are beautiful, as is Carmel by the sea. Amazing that with all the fans, and people out there, you could find, and get close enough to DON JOHNSON for photos. Why would they allow you to approach the stars? Don't they keep people away from stars?Glad you did get to meet him (several times) and get these photos!!AWESOME!!!

That is the best time because they post the tee off times for the players, and once we knew where he would tee off with his foursome (2 pros and 2 amateurs), then we just followed them around the course. We tried not to bug him too much :) but there were times we could talk to him a bit. Don was really nice, and he sure was having fun playing golf and talking and laughing with his group.

That is the best time because they post the tee off times for the players' date=' and once we knew where he would tee off with his foursome (2 pros and 2 amateurs), then we just followed them around the course. We tried not to bug him too much :) but there were times we could talk to him a bit. Don was really nice, and he sure was having fun playing golf and talking and laughing with his group.[/quote'] Amazing.Your certainly clever with how you found him several times in different states, AND got his autograph, AND talked to him on several occasions. I think you deverve more credit than you have ever gotten for doing this. You sure have MY respect! :cheers:

This is at the 1995 AT&T Pro-Am Golf Tournament in Pebble Beach. Caught Don coming out of the Club House. We asked him to take a picture with us' date=' and he told his assistant, "They are my angels." :D[/quote']Awwww :happy: Thanks for sharing yet another great photo! :cool:I agree with what Coop said above. To meet him/talk to him/get photos and his autograph, on more than one occasion, is totally awesome & well done to you for achieving that :cool:

Thank you for sharing these special photos! :DHow cool of DJ to sign one of the autographs 'Thump, thump', in reference to you mentioning liking Heartbeat! :cool::cool:Indeed, you are very lucky to have had the amount of encounters you have, with the gorgeous man.It's great to know, that he was friendly and humbled by the company of fans at the Golf Tournament, too.I don't think I have come across any other member here, who has even met Don Johnson?Anyone??........

We went to Los Angeles to watch filming of 'Dead Bang.' I posted about our trip there earlier here on this website. That was in July 1988. I sent the 8x10 photo to MV offices a few months later with a letter to Don asking him to sign the photo for my Birthday :happy:Eingefügtes Bild

wait a minute, july of 1988? wasnt that when they were filming the 5th season?

Oh -DJAngel !:happy::D:happy: If you knew what a pleasure you have done to me this morning . I AM THRILLED! Thank you so much! Wonderful autographs! Not the usual stuff! Personally - just for you! GREAT !:p I would love to visit you and dig in your boxes and racks ......;);):happy: I really envy you: No - not an evil envy Rather inspiring, joyful and grateful to be allowed to participate. You are truly DJ's Angel ... This is my autograph - not so special as yours - but it must not. I am proud to have it ...http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4052&d=1309602983 (:p - meanwhile it is ironed and looks not so wrinkled .... :D)It was signed after a performance of Guys and Dolls in London 2007. DJAngel - Thank you for this wonderful thread!And please ..... show us much, much more of your resources. I - NO ! All of us ! burn Eingefügtes Bild for it!

wait a minute' date=' july of 1988? wasnt that when they were filming the 5th season?[/quote']In July of 1988 Don was filming 'Dead Bang' in Los Angeles. There was a place in L.A. that you could actually go to and find out where stars were filming in the area. All of this information is included in my trip story that I posted on this website. I think some of the movie was filmed in Canada, also, according to some articles I have.

Thank you for sharing these special photos! :DHow cool of DJ to sign one of the autographs 'Thump" data-date=" thump">

, in reference to you mentioning liking Heartbeat

! :cool::cool:Indeed, you are very lucky to have had the amount of encounters you have, with the gorgeous man.It's great to know, that he was friendly and humbled by the company of fans at the Golf Tournament, too.I don't think I have come across any other member here, who has even met Don Johnson?Anyone??........
We were lucky to have these encounters. AT&T Pebble Beach in 1990, 1992, 1995 - we found out where he was teeing off each day and followed his group around the course. He had quite a large following and so did the other 3 guys in his foursome - Vince Gill, Danny Sullivan, Payne Stewart (different years) and others can't remember right now - well you know how popular they were at the time. That's why we went all 3 years to the tournament. All of these trip stories and photos are on this website.