• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stinger390X

• Kavinsky

• Tom Peps

• CROCKETT 81

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This youtube claims to be video of the original scarab going up for auction this September at Mecums.

For what it's worth
Darn. I have other financial commitments in the next few weeks. :cry:

it is just me or does it look like the deck of the boat is painted in a metallic color while in the show it was a non metallic color?plus didnt they use 5 different Scarabs between S2 and S5?still a nice boat nonetheless though and atleast unlike the volo car theres probably a good chance that this one was used in the show at some point

Yes Kavinsky your correct. They used many different Wellcrafts over the next four seasons including Don Johnsons own personal boat in one episode because his was faster than the donated boats...This is definelty the first documented boat and is owned by a friend named Jim. He spent a few pescoes resoring the boat too as it was redone top to bottom. The boat is in fabulous condition and is a very sweet deal for someone with a bag of money. I wish i could buy it but I am having trouble putting gas in my boat this year as my money tree lost a few branches :)

• 5 weeks later...

the MV 38 scarab KV is owned by a guy here in Maryland ..and he has done a top to bottom resto on it to bring it back to the way you saw it on the tv show . here are two links of offshore racing fourms to see it . and find out were else the boat has been . http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/

Hmm on that thought did you guys ever get together with the chris craft and the welcraft and take a shot of them together?

I sent Jim an email last year and asked if he could meet me at the Kingston Poker Run in Brockville for the lunch gathering. It's just a short ride over the river to Alexandria NY but unfortunately whe the summer arrived I did not have the tow vehicle or money to get there myself. I had just sold my Ford F-350 Dually in anticipation to purchase a newer one, but life sent me down another road and I was without a heavy truck to pull the boat with.It would have been cool to pull in and have us park side by side!He was there two years prior and I saw the pics of the boat in the Brockville harbour. When I was in the poker run navigating for my buddy Chris in his boat, we rafted up to boats four and five deep! There were 127 boats registered for the run and there were already a hundred boats in the harbour. There were about a hundred thousand people there as the place was absolutely packed! There were three helicopers filming us and we were on TSN sports too!Memories I'll never forget...

I missed the asking price' date=' anyone know?[/quote'] It's up for auction so you know how high it may go?????????????????Just watch an episode of the Barrett Jackson auctions....insanity!I was at an auction once and we moved to the garage to start the tools etc. There were cases of windshield washer fluid and it got so carried away they had it up to five bucks a jug! It sells at the store for $1.99 per?What were they thinking? People get carried away at auctions...We will find out in five days. Should fetch a good buck as it is in beautiful condition.

ah well stinger never say never and maybe the next guy will be able to do that with you, I mean anyone who's bidding on that thing HAS to be an MV fan and would love to do the boat equivalent of this shotEingefügtes Bildweird I Just noticed something, what's up with the daytona's right rear tire in this shot? it looks too thin like Roberts had to put the spare driving down to the shoot.

Your right Kavinsky.Actually the guy I bought "My Vice" from was looking for that boat exactly. This was five years ago when I purchased the Stinger. Todd, the previous owner of my boat, was hot to grab a Scarab up considering he already had the Stinger in his back yard, a Fountain and a sailboat! He was liquidating just to get the Scarab.I should look him up again and see of he ever did get his dream come true?????I know my dream did. :)

Your right Kavinsky.Actually the guy I bought "My Vice" from was looking for that boat exactly. This was five years ago when I purchased the Stinger. Todd' date=' the previous owner of my boat, was hot to grab a Scarab up considering he already had the Stinger in his back yard, a Fountain and a sailboat! He was liquidating just to get the Scarab.I should look him up again and see of he ever did get his dream come true?????I know my dream did. :)[/quote']indeed and it would be a hard choice between the two, both the stinger and the scarab are equally awesome.

Went to see the boat yesterday - beautiful boat! Attached are some pictures. He also fired up the engines - you can see a video here:

Hanwww.chriscraftstingers.com[ATTACH=CONFIG]4794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4793[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4795[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4796[/ATTACH]

post-9807-13892963864044_thumb.jpg

post-9807-13892963864473_thumb.jpg

post-9807-13892963864891_thumb.jpg

post-9807-13892963865308_thumb.jpg

Beautiful detailing in the engine compartment! That takes a lot of work as I am very familar with it. The resoration looks awesome.Wonder what it fetches at auction. Should be interesting to find out...

I'm glad to see that its got a nice clean looking sticker on the end saying Miami Vice Scarab instead of having scarab or miami vice boat plastered on the side like they did with that one at universal studios awhile back.

• 3 weeks later...

.....just heard that the boat was sold and is now in NC.

Hope he got a good price. Was reading the comments in the Youtube clip. Unhappy seller back then (auction did not make the reserve price apparently).

• 3 months later...

It is safe and sound here in Greenville NC. Had it winterized and it's sitting in a heated hangar till it warms up. Ready to go boating! -Craig

.....just heard that the boat was sold and is now in NC.

Well Lake Norman should be fun...Start engine...idle out ...point boat in direction of travel...Open throttles for one minute and throttle back.Your on the other side of the lake! .................................................................................I hope he takes it to open waters? That is where it would perfrom well. Other than Lake norman I don't know any other large bodies of water in NC???????Any help from locals there? Chime in please.