MV Scarab

Whoa

Well Lake Norman should be fun...Start engine...idle out ...point boat in direction of travel...Open throttles for one minute and throttle back.Your on the other side of the lake! .................................................................................I hope he takes it to open waters? That is where it would perfrom well. Other than Lake norman I don't know any other large bodies of water in NC???????Any help from locals there? Chime in please.

I'm afraid I dont know but I think thats about a 3 hours drive away from me, not sure though, but I do think that theres definitely more than one big body of water out here that can hold a boat of that size easily in NC and around here in general, hell I live by a reservior that I see some decent size boats on and I do see a fair enough amount of boat houses for them too.funny though we've got the owner of thee daytona on here, we've got you with your stinger, the bren ten forum guys are here and bruce M has seen the blank shooting guns upclose from the series, we've got cooper and burnett with everything else vice related and now the guy who just bought the scarab is on herehell I think all we need is for the actors themselves to start posting here and we've truly covered everything vice related, PERIOD lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stinger390X

• Kavinsky

• Tom Peps

• CROCKETT 81

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Lake Norman should be fun...Start engine...idle out ...point boat in direction of travel...Open throttles for one minute and throttle back.Your on the other side of the lake! .................................................................................I hope he takes it to open waters? That is where it would perfrom well. Other than Lake norman I don't know any other large bodies of water in NC???????Any help from locals there? Chime in please.

I live by Lake Norman and it's a bigger lake then you think. There are plenty of boats the same size and performance that cruise the lake all summer long, plenty of room to open it up.Greenville is on the east coast of N.Carolina and Lake Norman is 30 min. north of Charlotte.

funny though we've got the owner of thee daytona on here' date=' we've got you with your stinger, the bren ten forum guys are here and bruce M has seen the blank shooting guns upclose from the series, we've got cooper and burnett with everything else vice related and now the guy who just bought the scarab is on herehell I think all we need is for the actors themselves to start posting here and we've truly covered everything vice related, PERIOD lol[/quote']Well said and I agree!

I live by Lake Norman and it's a bigger lake then you think. There are plenty of boats the same size and performance that cruise the lake all summer long' date=' plenty of room to open it up.Greenville is on the east coast of N.Carolina and Lake Norman is 30 min. north of Charlotte.[/quote']Thanks for the info...I drive over Lake Norman twice a week on I77. I love the way the houses back onto the lake and everyone has lift-docks! I would love to have a situation like that.As for the size of the lake, I was just being a bit fecicious in trying to state the boat is very fast and needs room to manouver. I was only kidding around...I would love to see that boat up close and personal...

Sounds fabulous!Picture wasn't too clear for me, but I certainly hope there was a water hose going to those blocks while they were running?

Wow! What a COINCIDENCE. I HAVE THE EXACT SAME BOAT!Mine however has twin electric motors and is no way near as fast as yours. That boat is awesome!!!What kind of engine did you use and does it run on alchohol, nytro methane or that model airplane fuel? Yours goes so fast I might retune mine with modern power???Very nice indeed....................great video, thanks for posting.

Wow! What a COINCIDENCE. I HAVE THE EXACT SAME BOAT!Mine however has twin electric motors and is no way near as fast as yours. That boat is awesome!!!What kind of engine did you use and does it run on alchohol' date=' nytro methane or that model airplane fuel? Yours goes so fast I might retune mine with modern power???Very nice indeed....................great video, thanks for posting.[/quote']Haha, no it's not mine (I wish though). I was looking at getting one but I first want to do a little research. But if your looking to Mod yours there are plenty of online hobby shops they can set you up. Look Here - http://www.aeromarinerc.com/And Here - http://www.whhonline.com/Default.aspThe Dumas Scarab 55'' Miami Vice edition http://www.flyhobbies.com/dumas38scarabkv.htm

funny though we've got the owner of thee daytona on here' date=' we've got you with your stinger, the bren ten forum guys are here and bruce M has seen the blank shooting guns upclose from the series, we've got cooper and burnett with everything else vice related and now the guy who just bought the scarab is on here[/quote']Four Daytonas...one from the show, one clone, one that's getting close to being a clone, and some slacker with a red one that's a long ways off but will get there some day (lol...me).I'm a car guy, always have been, but man the Scarab really takes the cake. I'm jealous.-Brian W

Four Daytonas...one from the show' date=' one clone, one that's getting close to being a clone, and some slacker with a red one that's a long ways off but will get there some day (lol...me).I'm a car guy, always have been, but man the Scarab really takes the cake. I'm jealous.-Brian W[/quote']Hey, you're no slacker and you have a great car there, pal. Think there actually is a fifth owner as I recall someone from Europe on this forum has both the Daytona and that strange looking white car, can't recall it's name though now. :):D, or that of the owner. And the boats are also very cool. Would love to get a ride in one of the Scarabs someday.

lol indeed and I just love the look of both to the boats they used on the show, gotta love that sleak torpedo like body on them with that Plymouth superbird like spoiler on it.

To all the Scarab owners on here, what kind of color should I use for my model?!The left boat has a bright green/blue Tamiya color and the right one has Revell 55, what looks really close to the original color.Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks for the quick answers, guys. :DSo you mean "bottom" for the stripes on port and starboard?I want to try to make this Scarab, not exactly, but as good as I can. ;)http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/KV%20Scarab%202.jpgBut then I saw this one, with the brighter color on top, so I wanted to ask you all first:http://www.miamivice-experience.nl/contents/media/showletter10.jpg

Although I like the Scarab with the girl on deck, I believe that is a sales broucure from the later years of maybe 88 or 89, as they built those boats for some years as they sold very well. I think they changed the colour a bit later on.I do like the aqua colours of the other pic the best, and the fade-a-way of the colours on the sides and rear hatch cover.

I do like the silver light bar of the Scarab with the girl. :) As I can't make fade-a-way colors I think of making the bright blue Tamiya color on deck and maybe on the sides or I use the Revell color then.But as I also have the original MV Scarab model, I am thinking of trying to scan the fade-a-way colored decals. But it will be difficult to scan them as I have them already on the model.

I do like the silver light bar of the Scarab with the girl. :) As I can't make fade-a-way colors I think of making the bright blue Tamiya color on deck and maybe on the sides or I use the Revell color then.But as I also have the original MV Scarab model' date=' I am thinking of trying to scan the fade-a-way colored decals. But it will be difficult to scan them as I have them already on the model.[/quote']Sorry I wrote that while I was half asleep, I ment right for top, left for bottom as I seem to remember the sides of the boat looking like a lighter green in yankee dollar but I'm not entirely sure whats proper for it, best bet is to just go with what you like for it.and yeah the one with the girl does look like a latter model scarab as theres alot less green in it from the looks of that photo discounting possibile color discoloration from age like that photo of the daytona in retirement. looks more like an easter egg blue of some sort on it so its probably from the late 80's and early 90's when more subdued colors were becoming popular.and I distinctly remember there being a mention of a scarab with a lightbar being on the show during the latter seasons, possibily during that episode run with the one who sung that bond song being on for about 6 episodes as Sonny's love interest in late S4.While the showletter one looks more tropical meaning it was made when those colors were more in style at that point, probably 85 to early 87

Thanks for the answer.Both Scarabs look pretty cool, no matter if it was in the mid 80's or late 80's. So I will try to make the boat with the girl on it, but with the bright green color of my left model. :)And then I will think about the color of the stripes. What would you think about a darker blue then. I think it would look pretty cool too.

I live 30 min from the Pamilco sound which is fresh water and that goes right to the ocean. Can get to atlantic Beach in 1hr and a half, and Wilmington in 3-4, or I can go north out of the sound and be in the outer banks in a couple hrs. Alot of intercoastal. Great boating. Lake Norman though pretty is on the other side of the state from me.

That's cool. You have lots of places to go then.I was only kidding about Lake Norman... :DI pass Lake Norman every week on my trip and like the fact the houses are right on the water with private docks in the back yard but I don't think I could live there myself. I like the open waters of the Great Lakes!If you get a chance see if you can come up to the "Poker Runs America event at the Thousand Islands this summer. Lots of American attend and its the biggest poker run in North America now. I will be taking my boat there this summer and it would be cool to have the two boats side by side at the docks !!!