COOP's 4 SOLID PASTEL BLAZERS!

COOPER&BURNETT

Thought I'd share more of my MIAMI VICE style clothes collection.Here are four of my solid casual pastel blazers that I just love. VERY MIAMI VICE!These are fantastic blazers, and are far better than the Andrew Fezzas, as the Fezzas were not 100% linen like these are. They are a very light, super soft, one button, unlined, slit pockets, two inside pockets, no shoulder padding, and breathe great in hot weather. They look fantastic!I love how they wrinkle perfectly just like Crockett's casual wrinkled blazers.As customary here, I never mention makers names in my collection, and they no longer make these blazers.If I had any gripe at all about them (which I really don't), I'd have wished for a chest pocket to put my Ray Ban Wayfarers in. Other than that, they are darn near perfect MIAMI VICE style blazers. Eingefügtes Bild

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• BlueAir

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hoping that the light in my home makes the color look correct, and not too bright due to poor lighting or camera flash, but these are all light pastel colors.Eingefügtes Bild

The buttons on the sleeve cuffs actually have button holes, so you can unbutton them if you want to roll up the unlinend sleeves!Eingefügtes Bild

I also have a two button version (in pink), but it has pocket flaps on the outside, and I prefer the ones that don't have pocket flaps. I sometimes like to walk with my hands inside the pockets, and I can't do that very well with the pocket flaps, as they are wider than the pockets themselves, and won't fit into the pocket if pushed down into it.This line of blazers also had one that was kind of an orange color that was called, "Melon", but I decided to hold off getting it, as these jackets originally cost way, way over $100 each. Later, when I thought, "What the heck, I'll get it", it was no longer available. I have no idea if there were other colors available other than the ones shown here.

I've always had "blazer fears" when it comes to blazers with color.First off, I LOVE, absolutely LOVE pastel blazers, I have a huge collection. However, I have "blazer fears". I've mentioned this in another thread (which I can't locate). When I first started to wear blazers vice style, it was when Andrew Fezza blazers were first reported by me to be sold at Marshall's. Mostly, they came in cream, and off white colors. I was uncomfortable to wear them in public. First off, I thought people would think that I was wearing a MIAMI VICE costume or something. I would drive somewhere wearing the blazer, then take it off when I got there, because I was too self concious.After a while, I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that nobody even knew who I was, so who cares if I'm wearing a blazer in public. I then re created myself. I was going to be a guy who ALWAYS wore a blazer wherever I go. I made it normal for me to do it.Now, years later, and many, many, many blazers later, I wear them every day.There is a small exception that I'm just getting over. Some of the blazers I have are vintage ones from the show, and others are solid pastel colors. These are REALLY noticeable!! The blazers I used to wear were off white, cream, or grey (grey is the color blazer I'm most comfortable with). Now I'm wearing pastel Pink??? Have any of you men worn a pastel pink blazer in public????? Wouldn't YOU feel self concious?What have I done to solve this problem?First, I watch MIAMI VICE to get inspired, then I find which pastel shirt would go with it. After selecting my shirt and blazer combo, I FORCE myself to go wear it in public.On the next page, I'll describe how I do it, and what the public reaction was to it today when I wore the pastel Pink blazer.

This morning, I decided to wear the pastel pink blazer in public. What good is owning it, if I can't wear it?But how will it look if your not living in the tropics, or around pastel art deco buildings, but out in the real world?I put on the blazer, and drove to a store that has a coffee shop with outside seating. I went inside, and ordered my coffee, and sat down at one of the three tables located outside the front door. I figured that way, the people parading past me would be a good way to figure out what the reaction would be. I put on my wayfarers, and watched peoples eyes.Would people snicker, and laugh? Would they poke fun at me? Would they think I was gay? Would they lean over to one another and wisper about me?Well, after about an hour of sitting there, having people sit at the tables near me, watching people walk past me, young and old, People did...........................nothing.I watched people's reaction, and nobody gave me a second look. I was thinking they would do double takes, or watch me from the corner of thier eyes, but nobody did. It was as if I wasn't wearing it at all.I went shopping in the store, and once again, nobody reacted, or even noticed. I even talked to two people, and nobody acted any different.I left there, and went shopping at a different type of store, and ..........exact same result.I must admit, I feel a bit confused, as even two guys who looked like rap star wannabes with sideways hat, a shirt 3 times too big, and lots of huge chains around thier necks didn't think twice when passing me coming, and going from the store as I sat there.Most people I saw wore dark clothes, which seems to be in now, like black, dark blue, white shirt, or solid primary colors. I thought I stood out, but I guess not!Except for die hard fans of MIAMI VICE like us , nobody today thinks about it. I seem to blend in, even when wearing a mint linen blazer, or a lemon yellow, or even a pink blazer.Granted, these look like casual wear, and not stiff, dresswear, it still is pastel pink.If it was a HOT pink, THEN I'd expect to be ridiculed.

Just for you die hard VICE fans, Crockett never wore a pink, green, or yellow blazer. Only the light blue blazer is a color he wore as a blazer. He DID wear these colors in shirts and pants, but not in blazers!I'm just guessing that had they kept with pastel colors, Crockett would have eventually worn a mint, pink, or yellow blazer eventually.

Nice threads pal!Wish I could find something lightwieght and colourful like those...

Thanks Pal! Yeah, you'd look great wearing them, wearing your Rolex watch, shades, and driving one of two boats!! :thumbsup:

Great Coop - they are definitely very Miami Vice! Whenever I see a pastel blazer - no matter whether Crockett wore that colour or not - the first thing I think of is DJ/Crockett/Miami Vice.I was reading an article yesterday (published in the New York Times) about the rising tourism in summer in Miami (I will post the full article in the travel section another time). One particular sentence caught my eye: "Elsewhere in town, patrons jostled for tables at Prime One Twelve on Ocean Drive, where diners in pale linen suits and abbreviated cocktail frocks ordered the chilled crab or the $88 porterhouse...."The pale linen is still alive and well in Miami!!! :D

diners in pale linen suits and abbreviated cocktail frocks ordered the chilled crab or the $88 porterhouse...."The pale linen is still alive and well in Miami!!! :D

Thanks DefinitleyCrockett, I'm glad you like my pastel blazers.I really wear these. Wore the pink one today!I'd like to read your MIAMI article whenever you post it.Gawd, I LOVE MIAMI VICE! :thumbsup: (Watching "Florence Italy" as I write this.)

Eingefügtes Bild

O wow great colours!!!I wish I could find them overhere in a woman's version because man blazers don't fit me well.I really like the lime and the blue one!!I really liked your story about going shoping!

This morning' date=' I decided to wear the pastel pink blazer in public. What good is owning it, if I can't wear it?But how will it look if your not living in the tropics, or around pastel art deco buildings, but out in the real world?I put on the blazer, and drove to a store that has a coffee shop with outside seating. I went inside, and ordered my coffee, and sat down at one of the three tables located outside the front door. I figured that way, the people parading past me would be a good way to figure out what the reaction would be. I put on my wayfarers, and watched peoples eyes.Would people snicker, and laugh? Would they poke fun at me? Would they think I was gay? Would they lean over to one another and wisper about me?Well, after about an hour of sitting there, having people sit at the tables near me, watching people walk past me, young and old, People did...........................nothing.I watched people's reaction, and nobody gave me a second look. I was thinking they would do double takes, or watch me from the corner of thier eyes, but nobody did. It was as if I wasn't wearing it at all.I went shopping in the store, and once again, nobody reacted, or even noticed. I even talked to two people, and nobody acted any different.I left there, and went shopping at a different type of store, and ..........exact same result.I must admit, I feel a bit confused, as even two guys who looked like rap star wannabes with sideways hat, a shirt 3 times too big, and lots of huge chains around thier necks didn't think twice when passing me coming, and going from the store as I sat there.Most people I saw wore dark clothes, which seems to be in now, like black, dark blue, white shirt, or solid primary colors. I thought I stood out, but I guess not!Except for die hard fans of MIAMI VICE like us , nobody today thinks about it. I seem to blend in, even when wearing a mint linen blazer, or a lemon yellow, or even a pink blazer.Granted, these look like casual wear, and not stiff, dresswear, it still is pastel pink.If it was a HOT pink, THEN I'd expect to be ridiculed.[/quote']Hey Coop, I think your blazers are great!First I would like to point out that, MV was indeed all about style - and that a lot of research went into it. It mat have been the 80's, but like I said before in the 80's there was many things that where inspired by the art deco. Art-deco being inspired by ancient civilizations like Egypt, Babylonian, Greek...In other words, while being trendy at one point it however remained a classic contender - you can wear it at any time or like Coco Chanel used to put it 'Fashion fades, only style remains the same.'And what does make for some great styling? Well those things that have been around for a long long time. But indeed people often confuse 'classic' with 'old fashioned'.So about your blazers, even in a hundred years from now, they still will look great!!!!

O wow great colours!!!I wish I could find them overhere in a woman's version because man blazers don't fit me well.I really like the lime and the blue one!!I really liked your story about going shoping!

I remember being so happy when I found these, as they don't generally make these in these colors for men anymore.Glad you liked the story too! :thumbsup:

Cooper' date='you must look pretty :cool: in those blazers.I always like a sharp dressed man.[/quote'] I do look pretty cool in these, as I always team them up with my huge supply of pastel shirts. I have variationss of the same color, just in different shades, which makes a big difference.These casual blazers are somewhat loose fitting, which is AWESOME when your wearing it with casual wear! It's the most comfy blazers I own! Thanks for you kind words alleycat.

Hey Coop' date=' I think your blazers are great!First I would like to point out that, MV was indeed all about style - and that a lot of research went into it. It mat have been the 80's, but like I said before in the 80's there was many things that where inspired by the art deco. Art-deco being inspired by ancient civilizations like Egypt, Babylonian, Greek...In other words, while being trendy at one point it however remained a classic contender - you can wear it at any time or like Coco Chanel used to put it 'Fashion fades, only style remains the same.'And what does make for some great styling? Well those things that have been around for a long long time. But indeed people often confuse 'classic' with 'old fashioned'.So about your blazers, even in a hundred years from now, they still will look great!!!!
Thanks for your appraisal of classic jackets and style! It was a fun read!I'd love to hear from the guys......would you wear a pink blazer??

Good story COOP and your right about vice style in public. I never get the "on display" feeling when I'm vicing it up at the mall, grabbing a bite, whatever. My friends who know I'm a serious vicer will comment on how I'm looking so Don today and give a smile. Yeah, I know deep down inside they wish they had it in them to sport the look. Happy to do so, I am. Life is great and keeping the Vice look going is a privilage for us all. Thanx for sharing more blazers and your story. COOP, you're AWESOME!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...Mike

Good story COOP and your right about vice style in public. I never get the "on display" feeling when I'm vicing it up at the mall' date=' grabbing a bite, whatever. My friends who know I'm a serious vicer will comment on how I'm looking so Don today and give a smile. Yeah, I know deep down inside they wish they had it in them to sport the look. Happy to do so, I am. Life is great and keeping the Vice look going is a privilage for us all. Thanx for sharing more blazers and your story. COOP, you're AWESOME!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...Mike[/quote']No Mike, YOUR AWESOME! :clap::thumbsup: Thanks buddy for your encouragement, and always kind words.

You know what COOP... I wouldn't wear a pink blazer. I'm too shy or self consious for that. One day I'll grow out of that, but for now, I'll stay with Grey or Blue. They don't sell colors here anyway. But I'd maybe wear off white ones, if they looked non formal enough. Can't even find unlined jackets here.Your experiment was great to read. Just the thing for this forum as I'm sure many here would love for the eighties style to be back 'in.' You have helped me a bit to be more confident wearing those kinds of clothes. I wonder though, what pants and t-shirt combo did you wear? Did I miss that part?