COOP's 4 SOLID PASTEL BLAZERS!

COOPER&BURNETT

Did you ever mention the maker / manufacturer ? I never saw any pics of the designer/label.They are nice, I've seen lots of pastels coming back in on many shirt racks lately....lots of Henleys and such...Good day!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• BlueAir

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To answer your question... Yes I would wear pink in public without a second thought!If I had a blazer like that I would have no problem displaying it proudly.Funny others have mentioned "Vicing" at the mall or whatever, I wear a uniform almost every single day and when I do put on my blazer and my pastel "T", I get compliments like crazy from everyone at work etc. It's funny actually like they have never seen me in anything other than my uniform and they think I dressed up? I tell them I dress like this all the time (they don't see me in the summer) and this is my regular "Garb".They kind of look at me like I am a "Sharp dressed man"

you wear a pink blazer??

I haven't found a light pink blazer yet' date=' but I do wear a light pink shirt underneath a cream colored blazer and it just looks good me thinks.:thumbsup:[ATTACH=CONFIG']4639[/ATTACH]Unfortunately, no Miami background...:)

post-10471-13892963806544_thumb.jpg

You know what COOP... I wouldn't wear a pink blazer. I'm too shy or self consious for that. One day I'll grow out of that' date=' but for now, I'll stay with Grey or Blue. They don't sell colors here anyway. But I'd maybe wear off white ones, if they looked non formal enough. Can't even find unlined jackets here.Your experiment was great to read. Just the thing for this forum as I'm sure many here would love for the eighties style to be back 'in.' You have helped me a bit to be more confident wearing those kinds of clothes. I wonder though, what pants and t-shirt combo did you wear? Did I miss that part?[/quote']When I wear the blazers, I usually wear light, faded blue jeans, boat shoes, and a pastel henley or blazer.With the pastel pink blazer, I chose the light blue jeans, and an oatmeal colored shirt. The look was great. Being Crockett didn't wear a pink blazer, I had to color cordinate on my own, which is simple for me, as pastels all seem to work together, unlike other colors, and I have a ton of pastel shirts and henleys to choose from. I think I have about 10 different shades of blue shirts for example.Right now, I'm wearing the yellow blazer, a white henley shirt, faded blue jeans, and boat shoes.I'm glad you liked the story of how I can feel uneasy wearing certain shades in todays society. The coffee shop is where I get used to being in public while wearing it. It's "testing the waters", like a goldfish getting used to the temp. of a new fishbowl. You have to slowly get used to it.Thanks for your wonderful comments! :thumbsup:

when I do put on my blazer and my pastel "T", I get compliments like crazy from everyone at work etc. It's funny actually like they have never seen me in anything other than my uniform and they think I dressed up? I tell them I dress like this all the time (they don't see me in the summer) and this is my regular "Garb".They kind of look at me like I am a "Sharp dressed man"

That's great!! :clap:So you WOULD wear pastel pink in a blazer. Excellent. I must admit, many men, like myself are a bit shy wearing something like that in public, when rapper wannabees are walking by with huge shirts, baggy pants, tons of bling, sideways ballcap, and looking at you like YOUR the freak.O.K., that's ONE member who WOULD wear a pink pastel blazer in public.Are there any other guys here who would? If you wouldn't, say it. Be honest in your answers please.

4639[/ATTACH]Unfortunately, no Miami background...:)

That combo is excellent! Pink shirts, I have no shyness about them, but pink PANTS.....now that I'd really have to be brave to wear.Nice photo!!! :thumbsup: You look just like Crockett.The question of the day is, MEN, would you wear a pink blazer in public? Yes or no.

• 7 months later...

Yes I am totally comfortable wearing pastel pink blazers in public. Why not? As long as it looks good on the individual go right ahead!

Out of these 4 blazers I like the pink the most, and second the light blue.I have a Pink blazer but it is more Salmon that I use, and also pastel pink pants like Crockett has.I wear both of them in public, but people stare at me and I get comments. :)

Out of these 4 blazers I like the pink the most' date=' and second the light blue.I have a Pink blazer but it is more Salmon that I use, and also pastel pink pants like Crockett has.I wear both of them in public, but people stare at me and I get comments. :)[/quote']I like them in the reverse order. :) Blue, then pink. Suprisingly, I don't get many comments, stares, or looks when I dress that way. Perhaps people think it would be rude to do so, or perhaps I blend in more than I think I do. I'm pretty self concious, but nobody gives me a second look while I'm watching them behind my Wayfarers.

• 4 weeks later...

Pink BlazerI saw a pink blazer on E Bay and tried to get it but was outbid. Yes I would wear one proudly. By the way are you sure Sonny Crockett never wore a combo pink blazer and pants? A scene comes to mind of him leaning against a wall dressed like that. It was only about 5 seconds long but it sticks out in my mind. For the life of me I can't remember the episode.

I saw a pink blazer on E Bay and tried to get it but was outbid. Yes I would wear one proudly. By the way are you sure Sonny Crockett never wore a combo pink blazer and pants? A scene comes to mind of him leaning against a wall dressed like that. It was only about 5 seconds long but it sticks out in my mind. For the life of me I can't remember the episode.

I don't recall him wearing a pink blazer. Perhaps a light Mauve color, but not pink. If he did wear mauve, it would have been in something like season 4.Actually this thread should be called, COOP'S "6" SOLID PASTEL BLAZERS, as I have two of the yellow ones. (2 pink, 2 yellow, 1 blue, 1 green)These are some of my favorite blazers. I wore one today, and I wear them often. :thumbsup:

Great pastel blazers!:D

Thanks matt5. I really like them too! They are VERY Crockett-like.

• 7 months later...

I felt the same way dressing like I was from Miami Vice,C&B.I was nervous dressing Vice style a while ago while in a waiting room in a hospital for an appointment.I had this fancy white American Eagle overshirt,sleeves rolled up,with a light blue polo under it with the colar propped down over the overshirts colar.As soon as I was in there I was getting nervous because I stood out a bit more.I kept crossing my arms and I rolled down my sleeves.I was more confortable wearing it in a more open enviroment like Wal-Mart than in a smaller area like a waiting room.I don't have a blazer yet as it is coming from China but its going to be a slim fit light blue blazer and wont be delivered till in about a week.To answer your question C&B,yes I would wear a pink blazer.I would just have some pastel shirt to go with with it and Im all set.

I felt the same way dressing like I was from Miami Vice' date='C&B.I was nervous dressing Vice style a while ago while in a waiting room in a hospital for an appointment.I had this fancy white American Eagle overshirt,sleeves rolled up,with a light blue polo under it with the colar propped down over the overshirts colar.As soon as I was in there I was getting nervous because I stood out a bit more.I kept crossing my arms and I rolled down my sleeves.I was more confortable wearing it in a more open enviroment like Wal-Mart than in a smaller area like a waiting room.I don't have a blazer yet as it is coming from China but its going to be a slim fit light blue blazer and wont be delivered till in about a week.To answer your question C&B,yes I would wear a pink blazer.I would just have some pastel shirt to go with with it and Im all set.[/quote']It's funny how I've broken the "fear" for the most part, unless it comes to solid white, pink (more comfortable in pink than white), or some of the really out there designs that I have. The ones with unique designs, although I absolutely love them, really, REALLY make you stand out. If you don't want everyone around you, and I mean everyone to look at you, then the far out designs on some of them are not for you!I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this "FEAR". I feel most comfortable in grey's and blues.

I've found that as long as its not white I can deal with it, hell I even started wearing a purple shirt mixed in with a dark blue IZOD coat.seems to work well with black pants and black shoes, however I don't think I'll ever wear anything pink in my life and with white I just have bad luck. way too easy to get dirty and it often does while everything else stays clean.Mind you I've found I prefer to stay away from purple and red but I'm not uncomfortable wearing it, white however just ain't my thing.so basically light blue like he wore in Sons and lovers works for me, a light OD green, purple and red, along with dark grey for undershirts, really dont care for light or medium greys though is what I've found. hell just leave the white suitcoat out of it and I can wear the out where the bussed dont run look without any sort of trouble, mind you next on the to try out list is yellow, I just really liked him wearing it in S3.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7225&stc=1&d=1354505101I will say there is one exception with the white though, he wore sort of a striped white button up shirt mixed in with a shiney blue suit in Down for the count that really looked good on him so maybe just as an undershirt it would look fine.looks like vertical stripes too, which I kind of like:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7223&stc=1&d=1354504837wonder if maybe I just need to go for a lighter purple as well, the one I went for was more a darker purple.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7224&stc=1&d=1354505099gotta get that coat one of these days as well, always liked the look of that one

post-592-13892965104568_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296510487_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296510519_thumb.jpg

I've found that as long as its not white I can deal with it' date=' hell I even started wearing a purple shirt mixed in with a dark blue IZOD coat.seems to work well with black pants and black shoes, however I don't think I'll ever wear anything pink in my life and with white I just have bad luck. way too easy to get dirty and it often does while everything else stays clean.Mind you I've found I prefer to stay away from purple and red but I'm not uncomfortable wearing it, white however just ain't my thing.so basically light blue like he wore in Sons and lovers works for me, a light OD green, purple and red, along with dark grey for undershirts, really dont care for light or medium greys though is what I've found. hell just leave the white suitcoat out of it and I can wear the out where the bussed dont run look without any sort of trouble, mind you next on the to try out list is yellow, I just really liked him wearing it in S3.I will say there is one exception with the white though, he wore sort of a striped white button up shirt mixed in with a shiney blue suit in Down for the count that really looked good on him so maybe just as an undershirt it would look fine.looks like vertical stripes too, which I kind of like:[/quote']Yep, white will get dirty quite quickly! I wear white, and light grey linen pants. I have tried a yellow blazer (see page one of this thread), but not really comfortable with it. I have worn the pink blazer, but the light blue is my favorite of this group. I'll never every wear a red blazer, or anything red. (USC cardinal colors are o.k. if it's used in that context, but not as Crockett) The light green blazer in this grouping is my least favorite, as I always feel I should be in a Tim Burton movie or something. :)

The light blue I've always liked. despite the opinion of some guy I came across who was making fun of it and calling Don a tool for wearing it, it was his getup from the hitlist.although I dont understand why with that green you would think Tim Burton, not unless you mixed it in with a dark purple which was the jokers primary color, but even then its too light for that.his was more of a hard green, sort of hard lime, that's pale green, an easter color kind of.

The light blue I've always liked. despite the opinion of some guy I came across who was making fun of it and calling Don a tool for wearing it' date=' it was his getup from the hitlist.although I dont understand why with that green you would think Tim Burton, not unless you mixed it in with a dark purple which was the jokers primary color, but even then its too light for that.his was more of a hard green, sort of hard lime, that's pale green, an easter color kind of.[/quote']I think the light blue (like on page one) is my absolute favorite blazer for day to day wear. I love it, and don't feel weird wearing it. I'm most comfortable in the light blue. I really like grey colored blazers, because they don't stand out, and they blend in with all pastel colors.You are right, of course, about the green blazer, but I wish it were just a little bit more pastel than the color that it is. I do feel like the joker wearing it. :)

I was worried about that if I get a white blazer then something is going to happen to get it dirty.I can't decide which color to get a pink blazer or a white one:)The light blue blazer you got C&B is my favorite of the bunch,pink coming in second,they all look good.Im going to get a light blue sleeveless shirt and going to dye a few henleys to go with the blazers.I love the windbreaker looking jackets Crockett had on in parts of season 3 but can't seem to find any that look like it.The bottom line for me that the Miami Vice style is the style for me which is alot better than todays styles.

I think the light blue (like on page one) is my absolute favorite blazer for day to day wear. I love it' date=' and don't feel weird wearing it. I'm most comfortable in the light blue. I really like grey colored blazers, because they don't stand out, and they blend in with all pastel colors.You are right, of course, about the green blazer, but I wish it were just a little bit more pastel than the color that it is. I do feel like the joker wearing it. :)[/quote']yeah blue is just a natural color for guys, doesnt matter what era or tint its from it will always work with grey and other neutral colors.hell works in cars as well, the 007 aston martin DB5 from goldfinger and thunderball unbeknownst to people had a dark blue interior along with its silver, I guess birch silver paint job, something the people who own the replicas with all of the I'm 007 license plates humorously miss always a black interior with white headlining when it was dark blue leather with a black dash and I think a body color headlining.although as long as you dont wear purple you should be fine with the green then!yeah I dont know what the windbreaker is either, its got some sort of pattern to it as well that I've picked up on in a few of the episodes where he wore it:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7226&stc=1&d=1354535015either that or its ruffled up silk, which can look like that if thrown on the ground like I believe the fashion lady did with Sonny's clothing to make him look more laissez faire and easy going.hmm maybe they bought a few of them in grey in addition to the green suit coat for S3, the rest seemed to be reuses from S2.

post-592-13892965105507_thumb.jpg

Guest myonlyvice
Just for you die hard VICE fans' date=' Crockett never wore a pink, green, or yellow blazer. Only the light blue blazer is a color he wore as a blazer. He DID wear these colors in shirts and pants, but not in blazers!I'm just guessing that had they kept with pastel colors, Crockett would have eventually worn a mint, pink, or yellow blazer eventually.[/quote']I thought Crockett wore a pink jacket in "Back in the World." Was it just his pants? Dang, I'm unsure now.