COOP's 4 SOLID PASTEL BLAZERS!

COOPER&BURNETT

The bottom line for me that the Miami Vice style is the style for me which is alot better than todays styles.

Amen Brother....Amen! :clap:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• BlueAir

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he always kept the suit coat white but it was the pants that were of that color' date=' a very pale pink.[/quote']He did wear pink pants. If he did ever wear a pink jacket.....it sure wasn't like the pink on page one!

The windbreaker style jacket that you mention BlueAir was probably Parachute brand cothing... Where Parachute pants comes from. Expensive stuff. Looked awesome though. Like Bur-nett's, I mean Crock-ett's Jack-ett from Payback. Supposedly there was a lot of their stuff on the show. Probably more on Gina, and the guest actors that appear on shows every week. I'm not 100% these are all Parachute in the pictures that follow, but if they aren't, they're good copies stylistically.Payback[ATTACH=CONFIG]7232[/ATTACH]Other episodes... Yankee Dollar[ATTACH=CONFIG]7233[/ATTACH]The Good Collar[ATTACH=CONFIG]7234[/ATTACH]Shadow in the Dark[ATTACH=CONFIG]7235[/ATTACH]

post-4030-1389296510743_thumb.jpg

post-4030-1389296510834_thumb.jpg

post-4030-13892965109215_thumb.jpg

post-4030-13892965109779_thumb.jpg

7232[/ATTACH]Other episodes... Yankee Dollar[ATTACH=CONFIG]7233[/ATTACH]The Good Collar[ATTACH=CONFIG]7234[/ATTACH]Shadow in the Dark[ATTACH=CONFIG]7235[/ATTACH]

Interesting that nobody owns or has actually seen anything from parachute that was on Miami Vice.Were just guessing here. To me, Crockett looks like he's wearing expensive raw silk, not nylon. ;)Actors on MIAMI VICE did wear Parachute, but for some reason, we all just assume that Crockett wore Parachute. I'm guessing it's more like extras or guests. Let's see, Crockett and Tubbs wore expensive, linen, cotton, silk, gold....and nylon / polyester?

Those are the ones,can't find them on ebay though.I notice Crockett wore a thin cotton oversirt in some episodes,like the one in the pic in your signature C&B.Im trying to get that look as well which would be good to wear around in warm conditions.I'll have to look up those shirts to see if I can find the right style.

Those are the ones' date='can't find them on ebay though.I notice Crockett wore a thin cotton oversirt in some episodes,like the one in the pic in your signature C&B.Im trying to get that look as well which would be good to wear around in warm conditions.I'll have to look up those shirts to see if I can find the right style.[/quote']I'll bet my bottom dollar that those photos show Crockett wearing raw silk, not nylon or polyester.I have expensive thin raw silk jackets, and I think Crockett would wear silk.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that those photos show Crockett wearing raw silk' date=' not nylon.I have expensive thin raw silk jackets, and I think Crockett would wear silk.[/quote']Is this nylon? No, it's raw silk!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Yeah I think you said something about the S5 windbreakers being of a baseball style and made out of silk. also that some company made some major advancement in mass producing them in the late 80's actually.not sure if that was synthetic though, but given the climate and temperatures silk would be far easier to live with that his, probably wool suit jackets and would kind of fit with S3's set style and tone. being more casual and down to earth than the last season.

Yeah I think you said something about the S5 windbreakers being of a baseball style and made out of silk. also that some company made some major advancement in mass producing them in the late 80's actually.not sure if that was synthetic though' date=' but given the climate and temperatures silk would be far easier to live with that his, probably wool suit jackets and would kind of fit with S3's set style and tone. being more casual and down to earth than the last season.[/quote']Yes. ROBERT STOCK was the company you mentioned. That was not synthetic silk, it was procured from the Far East. It is a Luxury fabric that he decided to use for some of his clothing line. I own many silk jackets from them.Crockett wouldn't wear wool.

Yes. ROBERT STOCK was the company you mentioned. That was not synthetic silk' date=' it was procured from the Far East. It is a Luxury fabric that he decided to use for some of his clothing line. I own many silk jackets from them.Crockett wouldn't wear wool.[/quote']So what material was it? Polyester?

So what material was it? Polyester?

Crockett wore Silk. Parachute clothing products are either Nylon /polyester, or simply nylon.

Blazer Fear!Coop I had Blazer Fear as well!Until I crank up my 38KV Scarab and go screaming out the inlet in 4-6 footers with 1000 HP screaming behind me at 5500 RPM"s.......the Blazer feels right!

post-135-13892965110271_thumb.jpg

Coop I had Blazer Fear as well!Until I crank up my 38KV Scarab and go screaming out the inlet in 4-6 footers with 1000 HP screaming behind me at 5500 RPM"s.......the Blazer feels right!

Pal, your such a stud. You look awesome dude! Besides, there's no reason for any blazer fear for you, as fast as your going, you'd be a blur. Nobody would even know you were wearing a blazer! :D

ah I thought maybe the blaser had been made of thicker clothing, namely in S2 with out where the busses dont run. That's why wool came to mind off the top of my head.

ah I thought maybe the blaser had been made of thicker clothing' date=' namely in S2 with out where the busses dont run. That's why wool came to mind off the top of my head.[/quote']Hot, humid, tropical areas are not keen on wool. Crockett wouldn't be caught dead in it.

True, I dont know why but that was the first thing that poped into my head as it looked like some sort of thick material.probably because my only suit blazer I have is made out of wool and I never wear it because of that and its not exactly a comfortable fit anymore.not sure about my overcoat however.

Blazers are cool pieces of threads.I want a white blazer and looked all over ebay but they all came in size large (Im medium).But at least I'll be getting a light blue slim fit blazer and a pink pastel on the way.Once I get a white blazer I will be expanding my pastel shirt inventory with pink,blue,and yellow (henley and regualr t-shirt).Im also trying to wear pastel shirts with bright colored dress shirts and long sleeved buttoned shirts.All of which is a decent '80s look.I wouldn't be shy on wearing out a blazer,its heck of a lot better than wearing '90s grundge stuff:eek:

Blazers are cool pieces of threads.I want a white blazer and looked all over ebay but they all came in size large (Im medium).But at least I'll be getting a light blue slim fit blazer and a pink pastel on the way.Once I get a white blazer I will be expanding my pastel shirt inventory with pink' date='blue,and yellow (henley and regualr t-shirt).Im also trying to wear pastel shirts with bright colored dress shirts and long sleeved buttoned shirts.All of which is a decent '80s look.I wouldn't be shy on wearing out a blazer,its heck of a lot better than wearing '90s grundge stuff:eek:[/quote']You got to find a white blazer! Preferably linen.Keep expanding your clothes collection pal. I want to see what you get, and love to hear what your thinking about getting.Be careful on what type of material the blazers you seek are made of. If you buy the wrong material, you'll think it's too heavy, too tight, or too stiff, and you'll never wear it, get discouraged, and forget about the vice look.1. comfort. Find something loose, lightweight and comfortable2. light cotton or linen, not heavy cotton. 3. no polyester or wool-COOP

I wouldn't mind sporting this look as well...[ATTACH=CONFIG]7237[/ATTACH]It was this video that started my desire to look like that.It wasn't until I started getting into Miami Vice that I put some effort into doing it.It may be going against Miami Vice dress code but it is a sweet look:cool:

post-11388-13892965110469_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't mind sporting this look as well...[ATTACH=CONFIG]7237[/ATTACH]It was this video that started my desire to look like that.It wasn't until I started getting into Miami Vice that I put some effort into doing it.It may be going against Miami Vice dress code but it is a sweet look:cool:

Yeah, it's pretty cool.

I can't see Crockett wearing Nylon. But the style is similar to Parachute's jackets. Must have been the fad back then to have baggy sleeves where they meet the torso. I do know that Parachute used Lycra and Wool. They may have used silk too, but I don't know. All I know is it was really expensive, and stars wore their stuff. I hear Parachute pants might be making a comeback. But I don't know if that means the generic style from the late eighties, or the original style from the late seventies.What do you wear in Winter? Do you wear those Jackets in the original posts, or do you wear warmer clothes? Lined jackets, or thicker baseball jackets? I wear windbreaker/Golf Jackets in the Fall and spring, as they are cheap and a similar look to Crockett. In the winter I wear a Parka. Weather decides that for me. Just wondering what you do in the colder weather; cold weather seemed to be missing from Miami Vice.

I can't see Crockett wearing Nylon. But the style is similar to Parachute's jackets. Must have been the fad back then to have baggy sleeves where they meet the torso. I do know that Parachute used Lycra and Wool. They may have used silk too' date=' but I don't know. All I know is it was really expensive, and stars wore their stuff. I hear Parachute pants might be making a comeback. But I don't know if that means the generic style from the late eighties, or the original style from the late seventies.What do you wear in Winter? Do you wear those Jackets in the original posts, or do you wear warmer clothes? Lined jackets, or thicker baseball jackets? I wear windbreaker/Gold Jackets in the Fall and spring, as they are cheap and a similar look to Crockett. In the winter I wear a Parka. Weather decides that for me. Just wondering what you do in the colder weather; cold weather seemed to be missing from Miami Vice.[/quote']Without any proof that Parachute even made jackets (I have yet to see one, and still don't believe Crockett wore ANYTHING by Parachute), I still find it kind of funny that everyone assumes that just because at the end of the show it mentioned that some clothes were supplied by parachute....why does everyone assume Don wore anything at all from them.Guests or extras could have worn them. I Don't even think Tubbs wore anything by them. Anything that would look like something shiny on Don (nylon does reflect light, and kind of shines) would be an exotic, expensive silk. Until someone can prove to me that Don wore Parachute jackets, I won't believe it.In the winter, I don't dress like Crockett...except my rayban wayfarers. Nope, that stuff is strictly for spring / summer for me. In the winter, I tend to wear things like my USC letterman varsity jacket, fedora hats, leather Indiana Jones jackets, Lucasfilm / Skywalker Ranch jackets, Military flight jackets, and when it get's really cold, I wear down jackets from THE NORTH FACE. I have a limited edition Nuptse 900 down fill jacket that is incredibly warm! I own several NORTH FACE jackets and vests of different down fills for different climates. Some are waterproof, others are not. I also like jackets that stand out, like my Rescue Expedition down jacket with arctic patches on it. Anything different, or unusual is what I like.(However, even in the winter, I still always wear pastel neck ties and shirts ;))

Coop I had Blazer Fear as well!Until I crank up my 38KV Scarab and go screaming out the inlet in 4-6 footers with 1000 HP screaming behind me at 5500 RPM"s.......the Blazer feels right!

No wonder you can't stop smiling:cool::thumbsup: