The Fat Lady Has Sung!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

It is with great happiness and great sadness that I make this announcement. miami-vice.org is dead. Why am I happy? Well obviously I’m happy to know that our major competitor has finally bit the dust. I’m happy those few fans that were clinging to .org for dear life have finally begun to see the light and are making the leap to join us. I’m happy to see that all of my predictions about what would happen to .org have come true. But mostly, I’m happy that all the big shots that tried to ruin that site, don’t have anywhere to play anymore. All the trolls that tried to ruin .org over the years couldn’t get the job done. It took the site owners to finally accomplish that. How truly ironic.Now why am I sad? Well .org was my first attempt at running a website. I learned a lot about people, made a lot of friends and I’m happy that most of them have followed me here. We started out as a small close knit community of friends and it was that closeness that made it so much fun. Our membership grew in leaps and bounds and it became my home away from home. Without a doubt, .org was THE place to be to discuss Miami Vice! Even after Randolph shut down everything and left us with only the forum, it was still the number one Vice site on the net! And I can tell you, that we were number one because of the members! .org holds a lot of great memories for me and perhaps most importantly, I met the love of my life on .orgI wrote this as a eulogy for a dear friend. A friend who was abandoned by it’s father. A friend that, over the past few years, had fallen ill and eventually wound up on life support. A friend who’s heart and soul had been damaged beyond repair until it’s adoptive parents finally saw fit to pull the plug. I personally will never forgive them for that. Will .org ever return? Only time will tell. Until then…R.I.P. mv.org Your legacy lives on in .ws

As for the org site, I never knew it - so i can't make no comments on it.I'm just glad to be here - on MIAMIVICEONLINE and I'm happy you all accepted me as a Miami Vice Friend.

Although I never fully understood what all the vitriolic stuff was all about but I too was a former member of org and came here when this site opened. I also met friends, some of whom have become close in some terms, and I also feel bad that the old site is rip.I am happy that at least we can gather here and convey fondness of our favourite show and other topics as well.

I started at .org and was refered to this site, for which I am forever grateful. It was good to see some of the people from .org here. The help that members here have shown myself and others is brilliant and along with the friendly atmosphere, banter and the true love of miami vice makes this site, not only the place for miami vice fans, but the best fan/forum site I have seen.So I give 3 cheers to the administrators and all the members who make this site great.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I tried visiting .org a few times, but the website rarely worked - the pages would hardly ever load.I hope that all the Miami Vice fans can unite here so that we can build a strong presence & show that although Miami Vice may have finished some time ago, we will always keep it alive and well.And hopefully we might entice the stars themselves to visit here!!

I tried visiting .org a few times' date=' but the website rarely worked - the pages would hardly ever load.I hope that all the Miami Vice fans can unite here so that we can build a strong presence & show that although Miami Vice may have finished some time ago, we will always keep it alive and well.And hopefully we might entice the stars themselves to visit here!![/quote'] Well said.

If miami-vice.org is definitely finished, I can only feel sadness. My renewed interest in Miami Vice after almost 15 years came about because of the fans on .org. We watched & critiqued the episodes from Season 1 through Season 5 and learned the likes & dislikes of members who became our friends. I also anticipated meeting .org fans at the 20 yr. convention in Miami but Hurricane Charlie put a stop to that. There were ego problems on .org, but on the whole I had a lot of fun & learned a lot about MV there. My only happy feeling is that I can come here and continue the vice rush with new and old friends. As Prickleferret used to say......Miami Vice Rules!!!

• Like 1

Org was THE place to be to discuss Miami Vice! Even after Randolph shut down everything and left us with only the forum' date=' it was still the number one Vice site on the net! And I can tell you, that we were number one because of the members! .org holds a lot of great memories for me and perhaps most importantly, I met the love of my life on .org.[/quote']Ditto! I couldn't have written it better myself Ferrariman! :happy::thumbsup:

While I'm a bit sad due to the fact that .org was a big help in me getting my MV-fandom really moving & I made plenty of good friends there (who are now here, BTW), this isn't surprising. I checked in every once in awhile, and the place was a mess - you know when spammers flood the board with no attempt by the "mods" to even try to maintain the problem, it's time to put the horse to pasture. They shot themselves in the foot, and there's no one else to blame. And really, anyone that was worth anything moved to .ws, anyway, either before the "hostile takeover", or after. Anything they had, we have here, bigger, better, more efficient, and a helluva lot more pleasant.

Ditto. Lar' date=' I like that image in your signature! :thumbsup: Is that photoshopped?[/quote']LOL thanks! Yeah, it's photoshopped (well, Microsoft Paint-ed). I had an earlier version without the tropical background as my sig for a bit, and it showed up bigger. When I replaced it with this version, though, it's only only showing up tiny like that. Here's the full size version:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4652[/ATTACH]

post-22-13892963810146_thumb.jpg

I started off as a member of .org. Things were fun at first. Then, things got nasty after a while by bullies. Ferrariman gave me a shot at starting the SCRAPBOOK SECTION when I revealed that I had quite a collection of vintage newspaper articles (some have still never been posted) and rare collectibles and clothes from the show. I've been loyal to the VICE community ever since.When Martijn and Tiff stole .org, and threw out Ferrariman, every promise in the world was made, every lie was made, and every accusation was made.They blocked ME from being able to edit my own SCRAPBOOK section on .org.I kindly asked them to not block my own section from me. They refused. I reminded them that when Rick Bravo was asked to leave due to fights and bullying members, he requested his section and photos removed. Ferrariman showed much respect, and removed his section and photos as requested. That was classy.I requested many times to remove my section, and was turned down personally by the new "owners" of the site. Srobak told me that my section would remain up, and blocked to me, as I agreed to allow .org ownership of my posts, pictures, and content when I registered. Rick Bravo did also, but was granted his request by Ferrariman's kindness.I was being punished for coming to this site.I was actually banned from .org for a short while, but when the negative fallout came due to my popularity, I was unceremoniously reinstated. When Ferrariman was asked to come to this site, and lead the way, he did knowing that this site would have much better software, and more abilities than the other site, and we were uncertain at the time if .org would remain up, so he jumped at the chance to save the MIAMI VICE fan community. Thank God he did.This site was a lifeboat from the .org ship.The lifeboat sailed on until it was built up by the mods and members to become the size of an Aircraft carrier. The U.S.S. VICE..org hit an iceberg when it's owners neglected the old ship, took away members PM features, lied, unfufiled it's promises, alienated everyone, and members left the sinking ship to this aircraft carrier..org sprung a leak, and the U.S.S Titanic went down under the waves.Any good standing survivors from the .org Titanic are free to swim to safety to this very strong Aircraft carrier.It's anybodys guess if the .org U.S.S. Titanic will ever be raised from it's watery depths, but if it does happen, it most likely will be in vain, as you see, the survivors are quite happy on this ship, and would have no reason to return to a ship that has no true captain to sail it, nor the experienced crew or experts to run it. It would remain adrift.Members here always remain loyal.I loved the old boat when it was in good hands with a good Captain. But when the trouble started, and site began to break down, and then...MUTINY............we knew it was time to sail off to bigger, and calmer waters.We are the undisputed WORLD'S LARGEST MIAMI VICE FAN WEBSITE.It's a "SAFE HAVEN" for MIAMI VICE fans who just want to have a good time learning and sharing about MIAMI VICE. There are no fights, no bullys, no spam, no threats........just a good time.This is now the only place in the world where the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION exists, and I have a whole lot more exciting things to share with you that you will not see anywhere else in the world. (more stuff is coming soon)Thank you members, Mods, and my friends for saving the MIAMI VICE Fan Community from certain disaster.I'm here for you all, and love you all.I LOVE MIAMI VICE!!-COOP

• Administrators

Could not possibly have said it better!! BRAVO! (pun intended) :clap::clap:

Could not possibly have said it better!! BRAVO! (pun intended) :clap::clap:

Thanks.(Loved the pun by the way. :D)