The Fat Lady Has Sung!

Ferrariman

OK' date=' I just gotta ask, this really is a guy right? I'm getting mixed signals here? :radar:[/quote']Dude, it's a chick.

Too bad about ORG, I joined in Setember 2009 and chatted with Tony D most of the time.Think I landed here by just surfing around, or might have been told about this place by Tony.Can't recall which. :birdie:

Who can forget about "Rock"' date=' and his unusual obsession with the MV stunt show. And his demands for the video. :D[/quote']Oh, Rock is still obsessed with the show:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPXuQx1eLxwFollow the link to the Youtube page, the Chris guy that commented (twice) is him.Anyway, you know, after all his BSing, I'd kinda like to hear Martjin's "explanation" for .org's demise. I mean, we all KNOW what happened, but I'd like to hear his spin on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I did predict that this would happen on .org and maybe it was time to pull the plug and at least leave with our pride intact. Obviously this didn't go down well with Tif! If .org has finally bit the dust then I can only feel sadness at the passing of a site that was the first internet forum I ever joined. I didn't want to be proved right!

• Administrators

I did predict that this would happen on .org and maybe it was time to pull the plug and at least leave with our pride intact. Obviously this didn't go down well with Tif! If .org has finally bit the dust then I can only feel sadness at the passing of a site that was the first internet forum I ever joined. I didn't want to be proved right!

Now that you mention it, .org was the first internet site I joined too.Years ago I had a few questions about MV and I googled it. .Org came up as a hit and I went to check it out. I was amazed that there was a forum for the tv show. I couldn't believe all those members were there actually discussing the show. That's when I moved out from under the rock I was calling home.

I'm gutted the site's no longer there (if that's the case? i haven't checked recently) - only because I hoped that some of my reviews might be interesting for my kids to read when they got old enough and we could rewatch the episodes together and discuss them etc.Now my eldest is 7 and not sure I'll ever have my own reviews to share with her again, which is a little sad...Frightening how quickly the time seems to be moving on...

• Administrators
Anyway' date=' you know, after all his BSing, I'd kinda like to hear Martjin's "explanation" for .org's demise. I mean, we all KNOW what happened, but I'd like to hear his spin on it.[/quote']I'm sure the excuse would be "I'm too busy with work" but truth be told I don't believe that martijn ever had the desire to take over .org. He already had his hands full with his Jan Hammer site. In fact martijn sent me an e-mail just before it all hit the fan saying how he wanted things to continue the way they were with me running the site and he being the technical end of it, then a few weeks later I get an e-mail from Tifany saying I'm out! martijn's e-mail to me can be viewed here: http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?736-Relieved-of-DutyTrust me, it was all Tifany. She wanted .org in the worst way (no pun intended) and she got it. Too bad that she didn't know how to run it. and I'm sure I got the boot because she saw me as a traitor for starting this site. I invited her to join numerous times but she refused. I tried to explain to her that this site was not intended to replace .org but she didn't understand and it was that misunderstanding that led to a lot of hard feelings and eventually their demise. In my eyes, they got what they deserved....and for the record, .org was also my first website.

• Administrators

Looking back on it I wouldn't trade what we have here for .org any day. We have a web site platform that runs rings around what .org had. We have an admin team that is active daily to handle things immediately as they occur. Mods on both halves of the board that also look out for issues and a membership that comes from all around the word to be here.What does .org have? {crickets chirping}

• Administrators

Oh don't we all! ;) I just hope that they all lurk here at one time or another and see what they could've been a part of.

Looking back on it I wouldn't trade what we have here for .org any day. We have a web site platform that runs rings around what .org had. We have an admin team that is active daily to handle things immediately as they occur. Mods on both halves of the board that also look out for issues and a membership that comes from all around the word to be here.What does .org have? {crickets chirping}

That's how I feel too Tim. I had a great time there.I liken it to your first car. You had the new freedom with it, so you loved that. It may not have had a cd player, top of the line engine, or air conditioning, but you were happy to be in the driver's seat. It would occasionally break down (service unavailable) too.Someone steals the old car from you.Later, your still in the driver's seat, but you have just bought a brand new car. It has top of the line everything, new electronics, and a new engine! Although your still driving, it's like it's all new again, as your having fun again! Lot's of options and upgrades the old car didn't have.This new car runs circles around the old one.You know where the thief parks your old car, and it's cool to drive by and look it over from time to time because of the memories you once had with it, but given the choice, you'd now never go back. While your driving your new car, you pick up new passengers along the way that share the same love, and views as you, and you become friends for life. Many of the old passengers from the old car are still friends, so you invite them along for the ride!Years go by, and you notice your old car in the junk yard sold for scrap, as it has broken down for the last time, and the present owner doesn't want to invest the time, or money to get the old car running again, because, what would be the point? It's what it is.......just a an old broken down car that no longer has a purpose, other than to bring back great old memories.P.S. .org was my first website I joined also.

• Administrators
That's how I feel too Tim. I had a great time there.I liken it to your first car. You had the new freedom with it' date=' so you loved that. It may not have had a cd player, top of the line engine, or air conditioning, but you were happy to be in the driver's seat. It would occasionally break down (service unavailable) too.Someone steals the old car from you.Later, your still in the driver's seat, but you have just bought a brand new car. It has top of the line everything, new electronics, and a new engine! Although your still driving, it's like it's all new again, as your having fun again! Lot's of options and upgrades the old car didn't have.This new car runs circles around the old one.You know where the thief parks your old car, and it's cool to drive by and look it over from time to time because of the memories you once had with it, but given the choice, you'd now never go back. While your driving your new car, you pick up new passengers along the way that share the same love, and views as you, and you become friends for life. Many of the old passengers from the old car are still friends, so you invite them along for the ride!Years go by, and you notice your old car in the junk yard sold for scrap, as it has broken down for the last time, and the present owner doesn't want to invest the time, or money to get the old car running again, because, what would be the point? It's what it is.......just a an old broken down car that no longer has a purpose, other than to bring back great old memories.P.S. .org was my first website I joined also.[/quote']Very nice analogy. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

So then with that analogy in mind let me guess Coop. Is the rather expensive birthday gift that you don't have yet but might buy a new car? By the way, I still have my first car.

So then with that analogy in mind let me guess Coop. Is the rather expensive birthday gift that you don't have yet but might buy a new car? By the way' date=' I still have my first car.[/quote']Nope, it won't be a car, as I already own 4 of them. (I'd like a black McBurnie Daytona someday to complete the VICE look) I wish I still had my first car, but, after I lost the 84 Alfa Spider....just like in the analogy, I have a NEWER 91 Alfa Spider, and wouldn't trade it for the old one. I would like having both, but would rather have the new convertible that I now own.I may buy my birthday gift to myself tomorrow so................we'll see! :thumbsup: Like the Pointer Sisters song said in Calderone's Return PT 1, "I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it. I'm about to loose control and I think I like it." :radio::dance2:What was / is your first car?

Eingefügtes BildThe Duster

Ohhhhh So THAT's really your first car? That is awesome!Sweeeeet! I've seen you post pictures of it before, but I just assumed you bought it already fixed up cherry like that.Nice work! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Nope, bought it bone stock and modified it over the years. It's practically a race car with license plates. This is a current pic. Just had it redone with all new paint. A retirement gift to myself!

• Administrators

...and now that I've successfully hijacked my own topic! Let's get back to the business at handNamely, the demise of .org!

• Administrators
...and now that I've successfully hijacked my own topic! Let's get back to the business at handNamely' date=' the demise of .org![/quote'] I tried to send you an infraction for hijacking the thread but appareantly I can't send another admin one! :D

Maybe a .org memories thread wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.I'd say that it gave me somewhere to escape to when I was trapped in a crappy relationship a few years ago. When I first joined the site I must of spent hours going over old threads bringing a smile to my face in what was a pretty dark period of my life. I must admit I also miss the old style miamivicechronicles/wildhorse site as well.

• Administrators

Maybe a .org memories thread wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

I have to agree. Start one and we'll go with it. I have plenty of memories to share and it will also answer questions I'm sure a lot of our newer members may have.

Wherever will I go to be cursed in Spanish or confused in Frenchdutchgermanlish?

:D Here my friend. Here. Ik zal mijn best doen! (no curse).I started in .org. I don't miss it. Allmost everyone came overhere (glad to see that Tony is active:thumbsup:) A good forumsite with lots of information and fun. I like it.