The Fat Lady Has Sung!

Ferrariman

Many times I've asked myself "If .org dies, how would I feel?"I would be happy to see them all disappear, happy to say "it serves you right, after all you've done to .org and members!"I would be sad because .org was the first site I ever joined and I would even shed a tear to see it go, taking a period of my life with it.Now that .org is dead I've tried to answer, but I can't because I don't feel any emotion.Maybe one day I'll feel happy or sad or both, but not now.

• Administrators
Now that .org is dead I've tried to answer' date=' but I can't because I don't feel any emotion.Maybe one day I'll feel happy or sad or both, but not now.[/quote']That's because you're having too much fun here with the rest of us! ;)

...demiseI'm not even going to pretend that I'm sad .org is closed.Truth is, it was on non-responsive life support, in a coma, since F'man departed.I can't be sad now, because the .org I loved died long before, it just didn't know enough to crawl in the coffin.Speaking of poking the bear, Mr. Srobak commented on my old blog about the Srobak Miami Vice Convention, just a little while back. Nice to know I still get under his skin, even after all this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Could miami-vice.org be made to redirect to this site?The page you get when you type the org URL into your browser now is some type of message in German, perhaps from a hosting company. I can't read German so I don't know what it says. But if the URL "miami-vice.org" is now available, wouldn't it be great to take it over, so anyone who types it in gets redirected here?I don't know the ins-and-outs of how that all works, I just love the poetic justice of such a move. Talk about a death blow. Or stepping on their necks when they're down. Cruel, yes; but I'm that kinda guy.

• Administrators
The page you get when you type the org URL into your browser now is some type of message in German' date=' perhaps from a hosting company. [/quote']The message is in Dutch (yeah ... I know ... it all sounds the same ...) since Randolph and Martijn are from the Netherlands and registered the page via a Dutch hosting company. By the way, maybe the oldtimers still remember the original URL: miamivice.nl), which Martijn sold in 2009 already!!The message says that this domain (miami-vice.org) is registered, but there is no website or no content lodged. Internic can show you the owner of this domain. As you can see - it's still Martijn.

Hopefully this clarification comes from a desire to be accurate, not a need to portray me as just another ugly American who knows nothing about foreign cultures because I'm too busy driving my SUV and eating McDonald's.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow..Now I understand what Fman's sig is all about.. "It's definitely over now"Well.. You knew the Org was in grave condition when you have someone running it that probobly never even watched the show(Tiff), I mean she never talked about it. And then you reinstate the king of all Don Johnson haters on a MV site(Rick Bravo). Go figure!

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody! I've been away for an eternityNow that the .org is history, I realize I never ever missed it. I "immigrated" to this forum as soon as I was aware of it, and it became my MV home. And all my friends were already here or were getting here very fast.I never felt like posting here and there. As I knew a bit about wrong things going on there, I'd just see myself as a Scott Wheeler if I did post in both forums. Please don't take me wrong whoever did it for whatever reasons, including just not bewing aware of the .org "mortal" (now literally mortal) lust of power.My first post here was some minutes after my last post there.I just think the end of it is incredibly didatic to whoever made the .org a living hell: people can always go away when things stink.

• Administrators
Wow..Now I understand what Fman's sig is all about.. "It's definitely over now"Well.. You knew the Org was in grave condition when you have someone running it that probobly never even watched the show(Tiff)' date=' I mean she never talked about it. And then you reinstate the king of all Don Johnson haters on a MV site(Rick Bravo). Go figure![/quote']Glad somebody got it! Yes my sig used to be "It ain't over 'til it's over!" When .org finally sunk I changed it to "It's definitely over now!"As for Tif, yes she's clueless, so clueless that she once admitted that she even spelled her own name wrong when registering! (Tifany instead of Tiffany :birdie: ) She knew nothing about Vice. All she was good for was welcoming new members.

As I've pointed out before, let's just say Martijn started up the .org site again, or started a new one. Just how many people do you think would join up from here (4,615 Members & 725 Active Members!!) to go over there? We're all here!If new potential members were looking around, and decided on joining a Vice website, and joined there, just which Trivia experts, experienced Vice mods, collectors, and true fans would they have to post new topics and answer the questions? We have all the experts covering nearly all fields. The new member would eventually leave due to bordum. They would find us, and join us, and be happy. For someone to bring .org back would be futile (fu·tile/ˈfyo͞otl/ Adjective:Incapable of producing any useful result; pointless. Synonyms:vain - useless - unavailing - fruitless - idle - nugatory) :)We have the very best, most enthusiastic, most knowledgeable die-hard fans, We have the very best Mods and Admins, We have the best website, and......We have the best members...period. Let's face it.....it doesn't get any better than this! :thumbsup::thumbsup:Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some MIAMI VICE episodes to watch. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Agreed Coop! Anyone who joined a new .org wouldn't be there very long. Unless of course srobak was running the site. Then it would undoubtedly be the BEST MV site in the world!Sarcasm: sar·casm   [sahr-kaz-uhm] noun1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark ;)

• Like 1

Agreed Coop! Anyone who joined a new .org wouldn't be there very long. Unless of course srobak was running the site. Then it would undoubtedly be the BEST MV site in the world!Sarcasm: sar·casm   [sahr-kaz-uhm] noun1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark ;)

Dude, what are you doing? Your totally dissing on Srobak! He's like the nicest, and friendliest guy I know. Ahhh man, I just can't keep a straight face!!! LOL!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I probably got in on .org in its last couple years...I had returned to college to finally finish up my degree and honestly...I spent more time in the computer lab on .org than doing my papers. :) However, much of the time the site would not work and/or load, and it would be "down".  :evil:   I remember .org being fun and enjoyable, when it was accessible ;) , and I will cherish my memories there. But, in my opinion it was still nothing like this site...MVOnline is superb!! :thumbsup: I'm a member of several TV show fansites and this one is still by far the best!! :clap: The amount of information and trivia on practically every aspect of the show/actor/location is unbelievably phenomenal!  :glossy:  Although I started out on .org, and I'm sorry things fell apart there...I'm truly grateful MVOnline was created! It is by far superior to its predecessor--and I give eternal thanks to those who run/maintain it! :cool:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

didn't understood it all (maybe cause i didn't know of org) but as Philippe i'm just glad to be here . glad the girl of your life is a vicerette (can't be wrong :) )

• 2 years later...
Am 21.10.2011 um 07:40 schrieb Ell.a:
Zitat
The page you get when you type the org URL into your browser now is some type of message in German' date=' perhaps from a hosting company. [/quote']The message is in Dutch (yeah ... I know ... it all sounds the same ...) since Randolph and Martijn are from the Netherlands and registered the page via a Dutch hosting company. By the way, maybe the oldtimers still remember the original URL: miamivice.nl), which Martijn sold in 2009 already!!The message says that this domain (miami-vice.org) is registered, but there is no website or no content lodged. Internic can show you the owner of this domain. As you can see - it's still Martijn.

I don't know much about this miami-vice.org business (wasn't around then) but when you go to the url now it shows a Miami insurance website. I guess that Martijn guy sold it. Kinda lame on both his and the Insurance's part....