"Irene" roll call

cageyJG

• Administrators
The chances are slim but next one could be worse' date=' ah la 1938.[/quote']They talked about the storm of '38 on TV last night and they mentioned something I hadn't even thought about. Hundreds of people died in that storm but that's because nobody knew it was coming. Think about it, no satellite images and even if we had them, no TV to watch them on. No internet, no cell phones, no tweets. No way of knowing what was coming which left no time to prepare. In a time where we have way too much information I don't see a death toll like that ever happening again.

I haven't heard from my brother in Princeton new jersey most likely he's ok like I said he has a generator.Right now in here in Montreal,Quebec,Canada were getting tropical storm Irene with the winds and rain

• Administrators
I haven't heard from my brother in Princeton new jersey most likely he's ok like I said he has a generator.Right now in here in Montreal' date='Quebec,Canada were getting tropical storm Irene with the winds and rain[/quote'] The storm was getting weaker as it passed through New Jersey. Stopped raining here around noon but the wind this afternoon has been incredible! Hopefully it has lost some steam going into Canada?

The storm was getting weaker as it passed through New Jersey. Stopped raining here around noon but the wind this afternoon has been incredible! Hopefully it has lost some steam going into Canada?

The winds are 59 to 69 km/hour and its still raining.I live beside the river here.At one point the winds were 90 km/hr and trees came down and some power outages also.Right now were getting alot of rain.We sent our hydro trucks for power to help in New Hamphshire.