Crockett Photo ID Card

Richie Rich

Has anyone found the exact type of wallet that was used on the show (a sort of blue background behind the badge) It's not the cloth protective flap found in some badge holders. It's more of a blue leather or fabric.I just can't find one just like Crocketts.Anyone found one?Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes BildIt's absolutely blue.I want one.Can anyone help?

I don't see where you see it is blue? To me the whole thing looks black? :confused:What part?
The whole right side that has the badge is blue. You can even see the contrast of the black leather boardering the blue on the outside. Seriously' date=' you can't see that? Perhaps some color blindness my Pal? :)[img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/BADGE2.jpg

• Administrators

I'm thinking that is a glare from the light and the angle it is held, but...:radar:The one Sonny is holding in Payback looks to be black on both sides.As for color blindness...may be, may be.

The one Crockett is holding could be a glare, but it also could be a suttle blue with a glare.The one Tubbs is holding absolutely looks blue, and if it was just a glare, why are the borders surrounding it black?I'll admit, I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing what appeared to be a blueish color throughout the series. Mostly in season 2. It could be a trick of light.I wish others would chime in on this. Can anyone find this blueish color in other scenes from season 2? I think Timm may be right and it could depend on light.Eingefügtes Bild

I looked at the scene from FLORENCE ITALY on dvd, and it DOES appear to black, but with a blueish color when light glare hits it.I also looked at the scene from PAYBACK on dvd, and it too looks black. Tim was right. O.K, now I'm confused.:confused:It looks blue when light glare hits it, but straight on, it's black. Perhaps JURRASIC NARC can shed some light on this.Your right tim. Looks like I'M the one who's blind. :)

• Administrators

No problem buddy!Just a thought, colors also show up funny from pics to computer too. How many of your jackets do you post where members ask what color it is and it is not close to what you actually have in your hand.I think often times the shades/colors get skewed in the translation.

No problem buddy!Just a thought' date=' colors also show up funny from pics to computer too. How many of your jackets do you post where members ask what color it is and it is not close to what you actually have in your hand.I think often times the shades/colors get skewed in the translation.[/quote']This is true. VERY true.But this badge I.D. does appear black on the dvd until it as at an angle, but it could also be a type of blue suede. I dunno.JURRASIC NARC would know more than we do on this.

I looked at the scene from FLORENCE ITALY on dvd' date=' and it DOES appear to black, but with a blueish color when light glare hits it.I also looked at the scene from PAYBACK on dvd, and it too looks black. Tim was right. O.K, now I'm confused.:confused:It looks blue when light glare hits it, but straight on, it's black. Perhaps JURRASIC NARC can shed some light on this.Your right tim. Looks like I'M the one who's blind. :)[/quote']The standard badge case is all black leather (or a facimile). Usually there is a piece of blue suede that is located between the badge and ID window to keep the badge from ruining the plastic window. It is most likely the residue from the suede you are seeing as a slight blue cast. It looks like to me that the suede divider has been tucked behind the badge so that both items show at once.However, there is a badge case Crockett carried which was probably nylon that was used to hang the badge on a jacket or in his waistband. I have never seen one of those, but the badge case Crockett and Tubbs are holding in this thread is pretty standard. It was the most common form of identification case at the time, and was used by most city and county agencies. The State and Federal credentials were two windows and a bit larger.

The standard badge case is all black leather (or a facimile). Usually there is a piece of blue suede that is located between the badge and ID window to keep the badge from ruining the plastic window. It is most likely the residue from the suede you are seeing as a slight blue cast. It looks like to me that the suede divider has been tucked behind the badge so that both items show at once.However' date=' there is a badge case Crockett carried which was probably nylon that was used to hang the badge on a jacket or in his waistband. I have never seen one of those, but the badge case Crockett and Tubbs are holding in this thread is pretty standard. It was the most common form of identification case at the time, and was used by most city and county agencies. The State and Federal credentials were two windows and a bit larger.[/quote']Looks like this is one of the other badge holders JURRASIC NARC was talking about.Eingefügtes Bild

I haven't decided yet, but I may buy the badge on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the badge case has to be custom cut to fit the badge, adding weeks to the order delivery. :cry:Has anyone ordered the badge and case from the company on page one of this thread?What do you think about the quality and service?

I haven't decided yet' date=' but I may buy the badge on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the badge case has to be custom cut to fit the badge, adding weeks to the order delivery. :cry:Has anyone ordered the badge and case from the company on page one of this thread?What do you think about the quality and service?[/quote']This is where I bought my badge, and the badge is very good quality. I bought the badge case at a Police Supply house which had them in stock. You might try one in your area before you pay for a specially made case.

This is where I bought my badge' date=' and the badge is very good quality. I bought the badge case at a Police Supply house which had them in stock. You might try one in your area before you pay for a specially made case.[/quote']There are a few places in town that sell police supplies. You think they may have one that fits?

Well, I ordered the badge today, but I held off on the badge holder for now.I feel bad for you vicers in Florida, as they won't send the badge there.

• Administrators

I feel bad for you vicers in Florida, as they won't send the badge there.

Yep! But that's why us resourceful folks have contacts in other states that can order it for us. :thumbsup:More then one way to skin a cat. Wait a minute, I didn't like the way THAT came out. :eek: :cry:

Yep! But that's why us resourceful folks have contacts in other states that can order it for us. :thumbsup:

I figured as much.Not as convienient as ordering it right to your door though. Still feel bad for that.

• Administrators

I guess they feel that we might just whip that bad boy out and run around yelling Miami Vice to everyone. :rolleyes:

I guess they feel that we might just whip that bad boy out and run around yelling Miami Vice to everyone. :rolleyes:

But you don't do that anymore, right timbo!? ;):)

You guys are too much.I will raise a glass tonight in honor of all us "resourceful folks". May we live long and prosper, and if you don't like it, then I could just clear my desk of all my other cases and ...

You guys are too much.I will raise a glass tonight in honor of all us "resourceful folks". May we live long and prosper' date=' and if you don't like it, then I could just clear my desk of all my other cases and ...[/quote']:thumbsup: We're the coolest fans on the block! MIAMI VICE fans rule!

• 4 weeks later...
According to the Florida Attorney General's website Mr. Bobby L. JonesDirectorPublic Safety DepartmentMetropolitan Dade CountyHe would have been the Sheriff' date=' as well as Public Safety Director as Dade is the only county in Florida to have an appointed official hold the capacity of the elected Sheriff.[/quote']Bobby Jones held that position, as Janet Reno was the AG for Dade County

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, I measured the case that came with my ID and badge and although it does not have a makers stamp on it I am pretty sure its made by Strong!It appears to be an earlier version of this:http://www.dutygearstore.com/strongdressrecessedbadgecasesideopeningcard2375inchx-p-1168.htmlCan't be 100% but it has the same styling almost exactly.You would need to find the badge cut-out style # to order it.....Hope this helps some!