Episode 42: Free Verse

C Glide

• 4 years later...

During the opening credits to this late Season 2 episode we see this shot as they enter 191 Ocean Bvld looking to the Turnberry Isle Condos in the background ( from a vacation in 2014)  !

Miami, Florida  2014 ( 1 ) 333.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Another location from "Free Verse" - back of Lincoln Road Mall from a vacation in 2013:)

096.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed "Free Verse" recently - I wonder how much of the interior of the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale has changed since 1986 - as they shot two key scenes here up in Fort Lauderdale:D

I was there for an Egyptian relics show, think King Tut, back about 2006 ish.  Basically big open rooms that could be adjusted to take on any look much like a studio.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C Glide said:

I was there for an Egyptian relics show, think King Tut, back about 2006 ish.  Basically big open rooms that could be adjusted to take on any look much like a studio.

Great info thankyou and the auditorium?

The Museum of fine art in Fort Lauderdale also appeared in a few frames of the "Miami " montage during the teaser in the next episode too ( Trust Fund Pirates directed by Jim Johnstone)

:D:)

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Before they storm the torture house, we hear:

Castillo:  "Death squad's car's been spotted.  It's parked off the coast road by the Sheik's mansion."

Zito:  "Oh, yeah, I know the place. Let's see, he bought that and never moved in."

Al_Fassi3.png

Al_Fassi4.png

CGlide described this as the "Al Fassi estate", so I Googled that and I found an interesting story.  This part of the script was taken directly from real life.  Sheik Mohammed Al-Fassi had begun building a huge estate complete with a mosque, a bowling alley, a "mountain" with five computerized waterfalls and a Swiss clock that was supposed to announce the time in a dozen languages.  

The unfinished Star Island estate of flamboyant Sheik Mohammed  Sept. 23, 1983

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1983/09/23/The-unfinished-Star-Island-estate-of-flamboyant-Sheik-Mohammed/5338433137600/

Sheik Chic:  Cats, Real Estate, Allah And Untold Millions Drive The Days Of Miami Beach`s Prince Al-fassi  December 27, 1989

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-12-27/features/8903210284_1_salvation-army-saudi-royal-family-saudi-arabia

Tales from An Arabian Nightmare  May 09, 1983

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20084950,00.html

Al_Fassi1.png

Al_Fassi2.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2016 at 6:21 PM, nofretz said:

Wow this is great info! Thanks! Very interesting. 

I completely agree - so awesome and historic !:D:D

Isn't this the Mosca house also?

If so, we drove by it in May. It was under renovation and looking very nice from the road. It was also certainly recognizable--we weren't even looking for it and it jumped out at us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nofretz said:

Isn't this the Mosca house also?

If so, we drove by it in May. It was under renovation and looking very nice from the road. It was also certainly recognizable--we weren't even looking for it and it jumped out at us!

Yes that's correct actually Dadrian

and good to hear !:D

Thanks Matt. We were headed back to our room from the "Sarah Davis house". I noticed the Free Verse safe house on the way to "Sarah's". I double checked the address with C. Glide's site, and sure enough that was it. So my wife took this pic as we went back by later. 

• Like 2

On 7/5/2016 at 12:52 PM, nofretz said:

Here it is from 40mph :)  This was May of 2016

STm41L9.gifPicture_4.png STm41L9.gif

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

You are jumping to a very bee inconclusion eer :) 

Edited by nofretz