.org Memories!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

It's back Pandina!  Lower left corner of the screen. Click on "change theme"  enjoy!

post-4806-0-73611400-1427249014_thumb.pn

Feels absolutely fantastic to have this old look back :cool:  thank you so much for adding this back!  :)  :p

I just switched mine back too! I prefer .ws style. Sooo happy I saved all these!  

d65c1be6-9733-4a71-a0aa-39d080b7ea39_zps

Love seeing the Bernay's Cafe sign on the top of the page now!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

This old thread popped up on my facebook news feed. I filled my quota clicking the Like button last night ... Should I start anew lol 

(This post ended up long as a flood of memories came back – so read what you want ; )

I stopped visiting .org (I was bpesti) right after RB started going off the deep end (and not because of that – nor does it detract from my enjoyment of Vice or interesting things I learned fwiw) 

Ironically way back then I searched for Vice because of DVD’s. I also talked to Gord at TVShowsnOnDVD a few times. He was the one who told me a factory in Mexico was responsible for bad double-sided dual-layered DVD’s on all Universal releases.

Anyway, I came across RB’s personal web site that had tons of behind-the-scenes info and photos. I asked him technical questions which he enjoyed ie. no dirt on DJ or others. the only time I asked was how was DJ as a director and his reply was a good director always prepared and serious about the work with no ego. 

And ironically he worked on one of DJ’s music videos and was at his Super Bowl party.

RB directed me to .org where he answered Q’s for all to see. We hit it off really well. So he never took his frustrations on life out on me.

I’ve known people who are completely different online or in emails compared to real life. Some of them not personable in real life and the nicest person you could talk to in a casual email.

I bet RB is an OK guy to know in ‘real life’ (as long as you don’t ask him about DJ lol) otherwise he would’ve been fired from every job he ever had.

Ferrariman was kind enough to fill me in in PM’s when I joined this site recently (I’ll put up PMT’s LP later this year - which is why I joined to share that. I rerecorded it with a USB turntable. I guarantee unless you own it you’ve never heard it like that before. It sounds fantastic. USB is HI fidelity)

I saved screen grabs of a ton of threads. Too bad waybackmachine.com Internet archive doesn’t have the forum that I could find. It would have been good reading since I was on .org for a while prior to that.

So my memories are of the good RB’s insight - which as someone pointed out never happens from a crew member of a show or movie on the Internet. He could have easily written a book. If memory serves me correctly, he said that he didn’t get along with his Dad. But when he had cancer they got close. When he passed away RB found boxes of his (RB’s) behind-the-scenes stuff he forgot about since the 80’s. So that’s why he shared the stuff in the first place.

I remember Tony D. sharing his music with us. LittleMissD. posting a lot, of course Ferrariman who I always considered a dedicated mod and had an air of fair authority. I think I was around the first time RB agreed to get banned and then was allowed back after a breather.

And of course srobak who seemed to be RB’s partner in crime. I think he shared a lot of Vice songs one time for a couple days title Merry Christmas.

Tiffany was always an airhead who posted a lot and was more self-important to the site than she ever should have been. although she didn’t speak good English she never had anything of value to say. I remember her and Martin met RB in Miami. It sounded like she didn’t like him in person based on a couple comments when he started going off on people (which I found amusing actually but sorry for the people who didn’t deserve it)

I’d also remember some oft he old .org names who have since changed theirs for this site.

It was an informative interesting forum and site rich with info.

I only hang around, read and contribute to forums that have substance and sharing interesting info. It started to stop being that and becoming fun-for-while then turned into nonsense drama, and the DVD’s came out and I lost interest based on the anticipation of them coming out. And I was more into youtube, Halloween props, and amusement parks & roller coaster forums. So I stopped visiting .org.

I also remember someone asking which episode the lady with the thong appeared. I found it right a way and posted screengrabs lol He said I knew someone here would know : (it was a scene where PMT was sitting on a restaurant patio on South Beach then she walked by but he kept his cool, and then a gunman is by the street by the beach so the thong lady hits the deck unconvincingly ie. not hired for her acting ability. that was a unique sharing of information lol

I also remember showing LMD and TonyD. a screengrab of a backup singer in Kid Creole and the Coconuts music video for My Male Curiosity from the Against All Odds movie that looked just like her old pics she posted with big hair ;

Stingray lived close by but I never met him in person. I remember him telling stories about moonlighting as a PI who had to sit in hot vans keeping tabs on people collecting workers comp jumping into pools lol

I’m sure I could come up with more but that’s the gist.

I should post my old thread sreengrabs lol (well no I don’t have time - just enough to reminisce here : ) I don’t know if there’s technically a copyright issue with doing that anyhow. Like anyone wants to fill out paperwork anyway lol

Bottom line I remember .org for having passionate fans, some interesting things from RB, and some regular posters, and some colorful, entertaining in their own right posts :
  • Like 3