.org Memories!

COOPER&BURNETT

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?419-what-the-hell-is-the-problem-with-this-siteFerrariman wrote; "For anyone who hasn't figured it out, the mystery person who started this topic is (was) Rick Bravo.Rule Number 1 in troll hunting: The IP address never lies!" Hey, Ferrariman, did you happen to notice how his spelling improved from his first post in that thread, to his other posts? The bad spelling in the first post was on purpose. :D-COOP
  • Like 1

• Administrators

did you happen to notice how his spelling improved from his first post in that thread, to his other posts? The bad spelling in the first post was on purpose. :D-COOP

I was thinking, DWP. "Drunk While Posting" myself. :prost:

Another point i would like to adress is.....org was a time where the fans were much more naif, romantic...me included....we would fall in love with the first person who would say: "I worked as janitor in Miami Vice". "I washed the pastel suits when i was doing the Miami Vice laundry". "I offered coffee between the scenes fo Miami Vice...." So we forgot the cast, and started to idolize the janitor, the laundry man, and the coffee lady. bah....Now look around.... Jan Hammer, Philip Michael Thomas, John Diehl, Michael Talbot, Zubiena, Saundra Santiago, Tim Truman, Fiona Flanagan... In some way we reach them, and they know us. Only Don is away but i wouldnt get sad about that or feed bad feelings. Maybe its nice to think: Damn, now imagine if Don would be here answering 3 questions. And if we think more for sure we would be able to find more famous people who worked on Vice that if we ask, they would say something good to us.Now take a look and imagine if.....these real MV people know someone worked with them for 2 seasons, smiling with them, taking pics with them, asking autographs from them was hammering the real value of their work? Now they put the .org fans away, shut down the site. So is it was the idea since the begining? Now let´s destroy the next one?Another point is...sometimes i think what really drives Mr. Bi pissed off even for today is.... "i gave all my stories and pictures and they didnt accept me as God.. I gave everything, i pulled everything and they still prefer Don Johnson.."I would like to know why the real reason of such hatred typed for someone who was always taking pics of the cast in action (maybe being even sick doing this). Why so many smiles and pride of being in some party with the cast, in special with Don Johnson? And what if today, Mr. Bi, crosses with DJ on the street? What would Mr. Bi say? "Hi Don, do you remember me? Im Mr. Bi. I worked at S1 and S2 with you! I pulled many things around! Do you remember me?" Or would simply walk away? The first option seems to be the most reasonable one.

I remember the first day Rick joined .org, I got on and must've asked him about 30 questions about "what was it like working with" and different locations, he answered them all, I was impressed. Then (a while later) his conversations turned to the "dirt" he had on Don Johnson, from driving him home after a long day of shooting and parties they went to, etc. I think (like what was mentioned on here earlier) he had a bit of resentment about why all the attention was on Don and not the production crew that made it all happen...

• Administrators

He should've known from working with his Dad (who was cameraman for many films and shows) that it's the "behind the scenes" people who always make the boss look good. That's their job.

ah yes... .org' date=' oh happy memories. I became member when I was actually living in Miami, hence my screenname: mennoinmiami. It had the Jukebox, it had a bit of locations, it had tons of cool people and threats, and Bravo was not such a jackass in those days.Those were happy days. In all fairness, Bravo made it possible for me to visit a lot of Vice locations, also thanks to his cool website. Also thanks to DanJ amongst others, who put a lot of effort finding vice locations.then, of course, the shit hit the fan big time. After all these years, I still dont exactly know what was the turning point that made Bravo from a hero into a complete zero. Out of nothing, he was bashing Don Johnson, and he did not understand that people on a FAN board would defend the shows hero. Seriously what did he expect? That we all started hating DJ, and become Bravo fans? Well some looneys actually did, like Srobak and some other nutjobs, but 99% naturally chose the shows hero for obviousl reasons.All things considered, the good memories are what remain mostly. Nowadays, i am a married man and very busy with my profesional life. In 2005 I was a student with plenty of freetime. Times have changed, and I dont post that often anymore. I miss it, but I am happy to see that the Ferrariman kept such a high standard of this website. We owe him big time, without a doubt. he saved our vicefandom lives basically, because if it was upto the Bravos, there would be no MV fansite anymore probably, unless we bash DJ.All in all, good to reread the stories. Me and Mr C. were probably one of the main causes of the 08 clash, and I do feel guilty about it, looking back at it, despite still thinking we did the right thing (sounds a bit paradoxal). We defended the Vicefan against the Bravofans, and we felt we had the right to do it, eventhough we always kept it as respectful as possible, despite numerous accusations and threats (If you come to Miami, I will be the first to know when you arrive according to cop Bravo....etc) anyways, good to read the stories. I still have a great friend in Mr C. it is something I cherish very much, as well as the memories from .org and .info[/quote'] Yeah...there are Crockett and Tubbs, and Menno and Mr. Calderon. That´s my pal! :)

Another point i would like to adress is.....org was a time where the fans were much more naif' date=' romantic...me included....we would fall in love with the first person who would say: "I worked as janitor in Miami Vice". "I washed the pastel suits when i was doing the Miami Vice laundry". "I offered coffee between the scenes fo Miami Vice...." So we forgot the cast, and started to idolize the janitor, the laundry man, and the coffee lady. bah....Now look around.... Jan Hammer, Philip Michael Thomas, John Diehl, Michael Talbot, Zubiena, Saundra Santiago, Tim Truman, Fiona Flanagan... In some way we reach them, and they know us. Only Don is away but i wouldnt get sad about that or feed bad feelings. Maybe its nice to think: Damn, now imagine if Don would be here answering 3 questions. And if we think more for sure we would be able to find more famous people who worked on Vice that if we ask, they would say something good to us.Now take a look and imagine if.....these real MV people know someone worked with them for 2 seasons, smiling with them, taking pics with them, asking autographs from them was hammering the real value of their work? Now they put the .org fans away, shut down the site. So is it was the idea since the begining? Now let´s destroy the next one?Another point is...sometimes i think what really drives Mr. Bi pissed off even for today is.... "i gave all my stories and pictures and they didnt accept me as God.. I gave everything, i pulled everything and they still prefer Don Johnson.."I would like to know why the real reason of such hatred typed for someone who was always taking pics of the cast in action (maybe being even sick doing this). Why so many smiles and pride of being in some party with the cast, in special with Don Johnson? And what if today, Mr. Bi, crosses with DJ on the street? What would Mr. Bi say? "Hi Don, do you remember me? Im Mr. Bi. I worked at S1 and S2 with you! I pulled many things around! Do you remember me?" Or would simply walk away? The first option seems to be the most reasonable one.[/quote']All good points Mr. Calderon. The points are well taken. :prost:

Today is a good day to write my .org memories.I stumbled upon .org in summer 2003, while searching MV on the Internet. I started to lurk every single day and this made me want to join, but the community looked so close knit that I wasn’t at all sure that I could fit. Still, I wanted to be a part of .org so bad! When I stopped asking myself “Will I be accepted by them?”, I registered and wrote a presentation, checking it many times to be sure I made a good first impression. :)My first post appeared and shortly after, people started to welcome me. I was so happy because the ice was broken and I could talk about my favourite show with other fans.I remember that there was a guy claiming to be a Universal representative, who was threatening to close the site if we ever discussed the DVD release and I feared that we could loose such a wonderful place. The DVDs were in the end released, I could learn more about MV and actively participate in trivia, everything was fine and .org became a steady element in my daily life.I have few memories about the bad period. I kept on reading all the crap on .org until one day I simply left and never came back.I had registered myself here, well, everyone was doing it, but honestly I couldn’t care less about any MV community, I didn’t want to be involved anymore.I was therefore totally unaware of the Thanksgiving Massacre until I received an email from Ferrariman who informed me about it.Only when I had read the entire story I realised how much I missed people and friends and being in a Vice community.I realised that I was ready to come back and I wanted to!I was banned from .org after writing a post supporting Cooper&Burnett, who had been banned before me, because in that post I was defining them insane.Many of my memories are in a folder where I saved all my PMs and profile information.It says that I joined .org on September 27th 2003 (8 YEARS AGO!!!).org is dead, but I remember this date because it marks my official entrance in a MV community, the only community I want to belong to.THE ENDPandinaformerly known (and loved ;)) as panda vice

I remember that there was a guy claiming to be a Universal representative' date=' who was threatening to close the site if we ever discussed the DVD release and I feared that we could loose such a wonderful place. The DVDs were in the end released, I could learn more about MV and actively participate in trivia, everything was fine and .org became a steady element in my daily life.[/quote'] I know that maybe it's a bit off-topic, but I can't help wondering.. why would a Universal representative be so much against discussions about the DVD release? ?( I would understand their concern if the site's members uploaded some copyrighted mateiral and stuff... but as I get it they just discussed some possibilities, so what was so harmful about that?

• Administrators

Cheetah, it was truly a bizarre situation! The persons name (supposedly) was Michael Denzel and he claimed to be a representative for Universal. According to him Universal had gotten tons of e-mails and requests for Vice to be released on DVD. He claimed that there was way too much music to be licensed and that the show would never be released. This madness also spread over onto the TVShowsOnDVD website. This lunatic who was probably no more than a disgruntled fan (or maybe it was Rick Bravo?) had .org and the TV show site held hostage with his BS. Finally, through a stroke of luck Gord Lacey who runs TVShowsOnDVD found out the truth about this guy and in classic Vice style busted him! Shortly after Universal threatened this idiot with legal action and he quickly disappeared. Here is a link to the "Miami Vice" page of TVShowsOnDVD. Scroll all the way down and read the news briefs beginning at the bottom with 9/8/2002 and you will get a good idea how things progressed.http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Miami-Vice/2770I'd like to add that Gord Lacey is a class act! When the big scam was finally over Mr. Lacey actually joined .org as a member to spread the good news! Discouraging as it was those were some great years at .org!

• Like 1

• Administrators

I was therefore totally unaware of the Thanksgiving Massacre until I received an email from Ferrariman who informed me about it.Only when I had read the entire story I realised how much I missed people and friends and being in a Vice community.I realised that I was ready to come back and I wanted to!

and we are so happy you decided to rejoin us Pandina! It just wouldn't be a Vice site without you! ;)

I stumbled upon .org in summer 2003' date=' while searching MV on the Internet. I started to lurk every single day and this made me want to join, but the community looked so close knit that I wasn’t at all sure that I could fit. Still, I wanted to be a part of .org so bad! When I stopped asking myself “Will I be accepted by them?â€, I registered and wrote a presentation, checking it many times to be sure I made a good first impression. :)My first post appeared and shortly after, people started to welcome me. I was so happy because the ice was broken and I could talk about my favourite show with other fans.[/quote']That happened with me too. Everyone seemed like personal friends, and I figured I was just an outsider who may not be included. I was wrong. I was included. As the years go by, people need to realize that we love having new members who have the new feeling of what we felt when we joined a vice website. Everything is new, and fun, and have tons of questions, and perhaps can add some new discussions to the mix. Having new members keeps things fresh.I'm so glad you are here Pandina. You are special to me. :thumbsup:

Hey, check out this gem!Eingefügtes BildLook at the sign in the back on the left that says, "victim".One of the victims is RICK BRAVO!! :D:D:DWhat a find!
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Rick probably had a feeling he was gonna get fired. As the saying goes. The writing's on the wall! :dance2:

Rick probably had a feeling he was gonna get fired. As the saying goes. The writing's on the wall! :dance2:
:D:DYeah' date=' he likes playing the victim![/size'] :D:D:D:clap:

• Administrators
Just found this in my files. More words of wisdom that followed the Thanksgiving Weekend Massacre! I couldn't stop laughing as I read this again. It's amazing how NONE of the great things he mentioned for the site, ever came to pass. He sure talks a good game. It's nice to know he's eating these words now!srobak Vice Squad Detective Joined: 04 March 2003 Online Status: Offline Posts: 3605 Topic: What's done is done & The future of .org Posted: 30 November 2008 at 10:37am What's done is done, people. In fact, it has been needed for a very long time. Some of you can't see it, but in time you will, and you will understand why. The actions taken by the site's owner RANDOLPH were done with the best interests for the site and it's membership and continued contribution to the MV community at large in mind, including any transfer of ownership. This may not be apparent at the moment, but in due time it will be as well. Regardless of anyone's history or role here in the past - no one was "entitled" to anything - and that includes every single member on this site from the one-post-wonder to the 10,000+ post maniac, to anyone who served as a mod or admin - or anyone appointed (rightly or wrongly) by that acting admin as a mod or other admin. Randolph created this site long ago, and opened it to the public. That is the ONLY reason why any of you are here. It was completely, 100% up to him what to do with the site, and who was allowed to be on here. No one else. He could have shut it down years ago... he could have shut it down in October. He could have given it to some random stranger walking down the street. Despite some people's inccorect presumptions of the "end of the mv world as we know it" due to their not knowing what is going on - the site is still here, and thanks to the actions of those involved - will continue to be for a very long time. The key thing to remember about it is that years ago when some of you joined the site, months ago, days ago, or even in the days and weeks and months in the future when new people join and others of you make multi-accounts - you are all GUESTS here. ACT LIKE IT. Some time ago this site lost some of the original spirit it was created with. This was pointed out by dozens of long-term members - many of which are no longer here by their own choice - along with the reasons why. You think this site is awesome now or has been recently? You should have seen it years ago - it was nothing short of stellar (those of you who were around back when the site was pink will know what I am referring to). A changing of the site management was needed in order to restore the original spirit of the site, as well as concurrently bringing it into the next era of it's presence in being THE MV fansite and forum. Some of the steps necessary have already been taken, with several more to come - all in the effort to restore it's former spirit, content and attraction - while also freshening things to take the best show and culture of the 80s well into the 2010's. One of the biggest necessary steps is one that YOU can do however. Yes, if you are reading this - then I specifically mean YOU. Members, mods, newbies and admins alike. End the drama. Now. Plain and simple. Some of you like the changes afoot. Great. Some of you don't... that's great too. Either take it to private messages and email, or take it elsewhere. There is no place here any longer for drama. Take your egos, power trips, threats, rally cries, PAWing, armchair quarterbacking and non-constructive criticism and PM them, send it in email, take it to another site, or keep it to yourself. This is not the place for it, as it has been for so long. This is the place for information, fun, civil and intelligent conversation, and social networking for a large, diverse group of people who all share a common interest... yes - that's right - the original spirit of this forum. It is time to move forward. For some of you - you may believe that you will do so on another site. When you find that is not the case - hopefully you will come back here to see how things have progressed. For those of you who stay and actively contribute to bringing this site back to the stature it once had - you will continuously reap the benefits of being part of the community. Drama queens and troublemakers will certainly be given opportunities to right their ways and become civil, contributing members of the community. Those who don't will be handled appropriately. The end result will be a better, stronger, and larger miami-vice.org. The only question you have to ask yourself is if you want to be a part of it. No need to answer in this thread - your posts elsewhere will answer clearly.This post reminds me of a quote by Chevy Chase in the movie "Hero"QUOTE: "What a crock of shit. Have you ever heard more bullshit or drivel coming from somebody who's not even the president?"
  • Like 1

Just found this in my files. More words of wisdom that followed the Thanksgiving Weekend Massacre. Nice to know he's eating these words now!srobak Vice Squad Detective Joined: 04 March 2003 Online Status: Offline Posts: 3605 Topic: What's done is done & The future of .org Posted: 30 November 2008 at 10:37am It is time to move forward. For some of you - you may believe that you will do so on another site. When you find that is not the case - hopefully you will come back here to see how things have progressed. For those of you who stay and actively contribute to bringing this site back to the stature it once had - you will continuously reap the benefits of being part of the community. Drama queens and troublemakers will certainly be given opportunities to right their ways and become civil' date=' contributing members of the community. Those who don't will be handled appropriately. [/quote']HEY, SROBAK!"EAT DIRT, ...AND DIE." - CandyEingefügtes Bild

Yep, that's pure srobak. Coming off like he thinks he's a benevolent dictator -- this is being done for you own good and you'll LIKE IT! (Or else.) It's rare in life when we get the joy of watching bad people crash and burn.

• Administrators
Yep' date=' that's pure srobak. It's rare in life when we get the joy of watching bad people crash and burn.[/quote']Yup, good times! :cheers:

originally posted by srobak"It is time to move forward. For some of you - you may believe that you will do so on another site. When you find that is not the case - hopefully you will come back here to see how things have progressed. For those of you who stay and actively contribute to bringing this site back to the stature it once had - you will continuously reap the benefits of being part of the community." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Yes...everybody moved forward....to .ws :)And things had progressed a lot.The site went back the stature it once had, probably before .org got online for the first time. Became nothing.Assrobak....

Eingefügtes BildLook at the sign in the back on the left that says, "victim".One of the victims is RICK BRAVO!! :D:D:DWhat a find!

I hope enough people see this. I'm guessing many may miss it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a silly memory of a particular funny thread, funny because it just went World War 3 for nothing. It was nearly 10 years ago, maybe?A member (I think his nick was Glide or Charlie Glide, but sorry if I mixed it up){edit note: nothing to do with our member C Glide!} started it and he was completely convinced Evan Freed had homoerotic feelings about Sonny. He insisted on the way Evan looked at Sonny. It was something undisputable in his view, and all the episode was about that.Well, nothing wrong about homoerotic feelings on a TV show, that surely was not the issue. The issue was that there was no soul in earth that agreed with the guy, and I didn't either. So he got incredibly furious and started insulting everybody. He insulted opinions, he insulted people's writing, spelling, you name it.At the end, I remember people (myself included) just for fun writing posts like "Have you ever noticed the way Calderone looked at Rico?", "What about Lao Li and Castillo?", "What about Castillo and Trudy?", "What about Zito and Switek?". My humble contribution to that, if I remember well, was "Have you ever noticed the way Elvis used to look at Sonny?"Suddenly, Miami Vice just became a "sex tension" series!