.org Memories!

COOPER&BURNETT

Must have been a different Charlie Glide cause it was not me. For most of my life at .org I was SOFLJEREMY and like a number of people here .org was the firt forum I ever joined. I don't remember the exact time but I think it was either May of 02 or 03. I joined originally because I was surfing the net trying to find a source revealing the filming locations of Vice(probably no surprise to anyone). I was surprised that there was not one. It seemed almost nothing was known about the filming locations. However; when I found .org it was at the time I thought the best source of info. on Vice and there were like minded people who were also interested in finding the filming locations. While allot of the good peopple ended up here that was truely a special time. The DVDs were not out yet but I was hopefull they would be. I look back now and it is amazing how much I have learned thru org and now ws. It is not a shame that the site closed because there was allot of uglyness there, but it is a shame that the old post are lost along with allot of good information. I sometimes would look back to my earliest post and see how far my own kknowledge had come. For me one of the best things to come out of .org was my friendship with fellow location detective DanJ. I was hesitant to meet in person with anyone I knew from the internet but after reading his post for some time we agreed to meet in Miami to scout for locations, and as they said in Casa Blanca, it was the start of a beautiful friendship. I think that was in 2005. I wish he would become active here again.As far as the issues at org I tried to stay out of them but it got harder and harder as they grew. Org actually died along time ago. Like Herman Cain when he said he was thinking about his campaign continuing what he really announced was it was over. In the same way .org said it might not continue, well no one is going to invest time and knowledge inrto a source that may not be around. That was the day it's fate was sealed. As far as Rick Bravo goes I won't say allot though I could. Just over rated by many and miss-remembered allot. There was potential for allot of good but the dark side had him in it's grasp. In the picture just posted I would move his name to the Perp. column not victim. Overall I have excellent memories of a special time when .org was a great place to be. I still remember when I first joined not really knowing what to expect back then and how impressed I was that there were so many really intelligent, extremely knowledgeable people posting. RIP my first love.

Must have been a different Charlie Glide cause it was not me. For most of my life at .org I was SOFLJEREMY and like a number of people here .org was the firt forum I ever joined.

No doubts it was a different member! I'm sorry I forgot to state the nick was used by another person (updated the original post)! I remember solfjeremy nick from the .org and the Glide I was referring to would never reply to my post without insulting!I also got a very bad memory from the .org, which was not indeed, as I believe, anyone's (from inside) fault, we all were kind of victims. I'm talking about a smart guy who acted as if he were from Universal and demanded that no discussions about DVD releases happened (I guess it was about 2002, 2003). Thanks to this, any post regarding "When there will be a DVD release" or something like that was deleted, until of course, the farse surfaced and by them, if I'm not wrong, even Universal threatened the guy for acting in the name of it!

No doubts it was a different member! I'm sorry I forgot to state the nick was used by another person! I remember solfjeremy nick from the .org and the Glide I was referring to would never reply to my post without insulting!I also got a very bad memory from the .org' date=' which was not indeed, as I believe, anyone's (from inside) fault, we all were kind of victim. I'm talking about a smart guy who acted as if he were from Universal and demanded that no discussions about DVD releases happened (I guess it was about 2002, 2003). Thanks to this, any post regarding "When there will be a DVD release" or something like that was deleted.[/quote']I barely remember it but I do remember the issue about dvd release dates. Maybe I am just forgeting the negatives but it is interesting to travel back in time to see where we came from and what we have learned.

• Administrators

it is interesting to travel back in time to see where we came from and what we have learned.

Unfortunately thanks to 2 greedy people we can't do that anymore.

Unfortunately thanks to 2 greedy people we can't do that anymore.
I still have their photos. I could post them....they sure made a lot of promises' date=' and didn't keep them.One thing that makes me feel bad, and still bothers me, is that Jim Zubiena (Who played The Argentinian in the episode HIT LIST) believed that Martijn and Tiff were doing something good, and refused to believe Ferrariman, and myself (when I keep asking him to join us on .WS, and that he was not being told the truth about .org) and decided to stay with .org because he thought [u']we were the bad guys, and thought Ferrariman was a thief, and those who left were leaving the wrong site and abandoning .org. Jim told me that Martijn and Tiff have assured him the site was in good hands now, and things would get fixed up properly, and the site would have all the bugs worked out, and it would be upgraded, and updated. I can't remember Jim's very last words to me in a PM (before Martijn wouldn't allow members to PM each other), but it was something like, "Good luck over there", or "Best of luck to you...." The real heartbreak is that Jim Zubiena was a casualty who was being played, and he chose the wrong side. It's such a shame. ....such a shame.

• Administrators

Jim did join here. Funny thing is he was the one who asked me to copy and paste his Q&A topic over here so he QUOTE: "wouldn't have to answer things twice" I think that this was the beginning of tifany's accusations of me stealing info from .org. Jim disappointed me too. If he would've backed me up on this and at least tried to explain to tifany that I was only honoring his request and not stealing files, things might have turned out very differently.

• Administrators

I still have their photos. I could post them.

It's not officially in the forum rules but we try not to traumatize our members. ;)

I'm sorry to add nearly nothing with my following comment, but it's just that when Jim Zubiena name got into this thread I got (or maybe remembered) in greater detail the dimension of the harm the old .org caused. Part because I have always been very impressed with Jim's participation on Vice, it's kind of shocking that he was put in the middle of the whole bad thing.Was there anyone else directly involved in Vice that was also manipulated by the "orgers" in order to hate here?

• Administrators

Was there anyone else directly involved in Vice that was also manipulated by the "orgers" in order to hate here?

Not that I know of. There were a few other actors that joined briefly (Angelina and the other guy Mikey, that flipped the butterfly knife in "Lend Me An Ear") but they were gone long before tif & martijn took over.

The "benevolent dicator" remark from upthread is so spot on it's not even funny.One of the worst things I remember was the Miami convention spat. What that really was, was one or two people ruthlessly insulting the organizer and a few others complaining. That one really stands out in memory. I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere. And now that they finally had one abroad, you get your hangers-on that still want to complain on and on that it needed to be in Miami, etc. If I had the energy to organize, I would love to plan for a group trip to Miami & the Keys for the end of next year, but...People suck.I'll take that back later, in a few hours. (Or put an expiration on it, my "suck" comment officially ends in 24 hours, reserve the right to change at anytime, etc.)

It's not officially in the forum rules but we try not to traumatize our members. ;)

Ahhh c'mon....let me spike the ball.

Was there anyone else directly involved in Vice that was also manipulated by the "orgers" in order to hate here?

Yes. PMT's brother (I think his name is George) joined .org, and RICK BRAVO treated him TERRIBLY. He tore him up, he tore him down, he was horrible to him. He said stuff like, "Your not the George I remember". George got pissed, and left for good. Another Vice connection gone.... Never to return.

Insulting PMT's brother is something scaring. Thankfully, as far as I know, PMT himself could after all this still see the MV community as something nice.Along with the insulters and the power seekers, there were also the pains! While the first two had a clear "agenda" that included ego/dictatorship/hostility, the pains were pains for no clear reason.I now remember the one that was really a headache, that Pierre Phillippe guy. Do you remember him? I bet Ferrariman does, because, if I'm not wrong, he kicked PP after he was given all the fair chances to stop causing trouble.I got a vague memory of PP creating a new org account and being spotted (and then kicked again) because he used to use a particular expression, something like "glad to know you". And then, if I didn't dream about it, he started to say he was very sick. Hope that one was just another lie of his.PP sure knew how to spoil an entire thread. But this I do remember well: he was well taken care of, and for good, before the org coup. Nevertheless, PP is also in my list of the .org bad memories. Quite tied with the false "Universal Representative"

Yeah, I remember him.I also remember ROCK. He badgered Ferrrariman and others about the MIAMI VICE STUNT SHOW at Universal Studios because he wanted a video of it, and just wouldn't let up.I remember Ferrariman banning a new member who had two accounts with different names, and pretended to talk to the other person, but it was actually the new member having a conversation...with himself! :rolleyes: It really made no sense. :)

• Administrators

Wow! We are really digging up some memories now! Pierre Phillippe was actually the reason I got the moderator job. Randolph, the former owner of .org, would ban him and ten minutes later he would sign up again. A bunch of us finally pleaded with Randolph to do something and he asked me if I could take care of it if he gave me moderator privileges. I said yes and Pierre was history!Rock was a real piece of work! For the record, I actually did send him the stunt show on DVD AND I gave him the youtube links that show the entire stunt show but he still carried on. To this day I still don't know if he was yanking my chain or if he really was a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Why do we have so many, BAD, .org memories? I know guys like Pierre Philippe, Rick Bravo, Rock, Srobak, etc. are actually .org legends, if only in a bad way, but we should celebrate more of the good people and fun times we had on .org.By the way, PP had my e-mail address & only sent me the nicest posts and good wishes for me & my family. I guess he had a Dr. Jeckell & Mr. Hyde personallity. I also talked to Rick by phone before he got a bug up his rear and we had a nice conversation about MV. He contributed a lot to the site before he got on a hate DJ binge.I miss people like LittleMissDangerous, SlickNick, Nmathews, Sonny'sEJ( who organized the 20th Anniv. Convention) and others who we don't hear from anymore.I like .ws but we lost some good people. :cry:

• Administrators

I had 2 phone conversations with Rick myself Tony. But as you said, they were pre-meltdown.I miss a lot of the good members too Tony but I guess it's just human nature to remember the bad stuff. It's like learning a new language. You always learn the bad words first! ;)

• Administrators

I miss people like LittleMissDangerous, SlickNick, Nmathews, Sonny'sEJ( who organized the 20th Anniv. Convention) and others who we don't hear from anymore.I like .ws but we lost some good people. :cry:

Sorry Tony, I can't say I miss her or her boyfriend, g-string, they contributed nothing to the board except hijacked threads with their endless banter.Nope, don't miss them two at all.They both signed up here but quickly realized that their crap would not be tolerated.

I remember how great I felt when FERRARIMAN game me the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION when I let members know that I had a "Legendary Huge Miami Vice Scrapbook" full of rare vintage articles, photos, information and stuff. I couldn't believe I had my own section to post all my stuff! I felt like a Million bucks. I didn't want to let him down, so I started posting as soon as I could.At first, all I could do was write out what the vintage article said, as I had no idea how to post pictures or scan items onto a computer. Later, I learned how to scan my articles, but had to develop pictures of things like my clothes from actual film, then scan them, then post them on the website. Now, of course, I bought a new computer, and scanner, and a digital camera, and can post things with relative ease. I appreciate Ferrariman for allowing me my own section where I can share my collection and vintage articles with the world. Everyone appears grateful.On the negative, I remember Martijn locking me out of the .org scrapbook section.If it wasn't for Ferrariman, and giving me a section here, all would be lost when .org went down. Thanks Ferrariman, I'm trying to make you proud! :thumbsup:See Tony, there is good with the bad.

• Administrators
Thanks Ferrariman' date=' I'm trying to make you proud! :thumbsup:[/quote']You do everyday buddy! :thumbsup: It's a shame what was lost with .org but I think your current scrapbook has far surpassed the previous one! :thumbsup: I only hope that T&M lurk here and see what they could've been a part of.

It's a shame all that was lost with .org but I think your current scrapbook has far surpassed the previous one! :thumbsup: I only hope that T&M lurk here and see what they could've been a part of.

Can someone view without joining?

• Administrators

Ah that's right, I forgot your section is off limits to unregistered members. Oh well...

Ah that's right' date=' I forgot your section is off limits to unregistered members. Oh well...[/quote']Ahhh man, that's just a shame. ;):)

Sorry Tony' date=' I can't say I miss her or her boyfriend, g-string, they contributed nothing to the board except hijacked threads with their endless banter.Nope, don't miss them two at all.They both signed up here but quickly realized that their crap would not be tolerated.[/quote']Sorry to say I couldnt agree more.