Episode #51 "El Viejo"

Ferrariman

32 minutes ago, Jack Gretsky said:

Some people always look younger than their years (e.g. Michael J. Fox), some a lot older like the late Ed Asner and, of course, Willie Nelson.  :)

I would have been cool with a return of Pierson had he survived; but it was rather fitting that he died - it was like his character was living on borrowed time and once he had vengeance he was a goner. 

Yeah, Ed Asner always looked older than he was, too, lol! Willie Nelson definitely always has...but he hasn’t always been very kind to his body either. :p

I would have liked Pierson to have returned for at least another episode or two...but I agree, it was probably more “dramatic” & fitting that he died at the end, after one last showdown. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My rating for this one is 8/10. Pretty good episode, not gonna lie, but I think most people exagerate how good it is.

The music is awsome, the action is good; especially the highway shootout and the end scenes are good. Guest stars play very good, and it is one of the last appearances of Elvis.

If it wasn't for the Daytona goof, I think I'd give it; MAYBE a 9/10. But because of that; nope.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Yes, Willie Nelson was just 54 in this episode. Younger than Brad Pitt is now. Quite amazing. He looked at least 75. LOL.

Never been a Bon Jovi fan but "Wanted dead or alive" was a great choice for this one.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, apocalypse said:

Yes, Willie Nelson was just 54 in this episode. Younger than Brad Pitt is now. Quite amazing. He looked at least 75. LOL.

Never been a Bon Jovi fan but "Wanted dead or alive" was a great choice for this one.

Hard to believe.  He's one of those guys that has looked the same age for decades.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, apocalypse said:

Yeah...Willie would have been born around the time that his character of Jake Pierson was “supposedly” fighting the gangs & ridge runners in the 30s. ;) 

But, he looked the part...and fit it perfectly! Beautiful & superb episode! One of my favorites! :thumbsup: 

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2022 at 4:30 PM, Mr. Vigilante said:

Hard to believe.  He's one of those guys that has looked the same age for decades.

I watched an episode of "Monk" where he plays himself and he looked just the same as he did in MV.

That was 15 years later.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

This is really awesome. 

Did you know this @Ferrariman?

IMG_6832.jpeg

Yes I did.  Learned about it when he appeared on "Rescue Me" with Denis Leary who also had connections to the NYFD.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

He also played a Firefighter in the Pete Davidson movie "King of Staten Island". The movie may be a comedy but Steve said some stuff towards the end that was very serious and definitely NOT acting. Given Pete lost his father on 9/11, you can tell that the movie, while not a hilarious comedy, was a personal project for both of them that they really wanted to make.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:02 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

He also played a Firefighter in the Pete Davidson movie "King of Staten Island". The movie may be a comedy but Steve said some stuff towards the end that was very serious and definitely NOT acting. Given Pete lost his father on 9/11, you can tell that the movie, while not a hilarious comedy, was a personal project for both of them that they really wanted to make.

I did not know that 

Thank you