MICHAEL MANN AUTOGRAPH ON MIAMI VICE STATIONARY!

COOPER&BURNETT

Here is a very rare reply letter to a lady during the MIAMI VICE era in 1987 who had an idea for a story. It is HAND SIGNED in a VERY NICE signature actually hand signed by MICHAEL MANN HIMSELF!! Her story outline must have been of particular interest to him, to have this letter typed out, and personally signed himself. This, of course, is one of THE VERY HARDEST signatures to get from MIAMI VICE. Michael Mann was a VERY busy man in those days. It easily trumps DON JOHNSON's on rarity, and this is on OFFICIAL MIAMI VICE stationary when MIAMI VICE was on the air! This is a very special item! (I have covered the name and address of the person to protect her privacy.)scan0004-2.jpgFor more CAST AND CREW ITEMS, CLICK HERE http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?893-MIAMI-VICE-CAST-AND-CREW-ITEMS ANOTHER MIAMIVICEONLINE EXCLUSIVE!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here's the envelope the letter came in. Again, I covered the address on the front in case the person still lives there.

scan0003-1.jpgAs always, post a comment, and let me know what you think!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Very impressive' date=' Coop :thumbsup:Wonder how far her story got - maybe they used it?[/quote']

Well, I'd have to check out the writers from 1987- 1989 to see if there is a match. I'll check right now!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Very impressive' date=' Coop :thumbsup:Wonder how far her story got - maybe they used it?[/quote']

I checked from season 3 - 5, and nobody with her name is listed for Story or Teleplay for any episode. I'll google her name.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

That's pretty cool! :thumbsup: I'm surprised how quickly he replied to her. Just about a week! It will be interesting to find out if the script was used.

That's pretty cool! :thumbsup: I'm surprised how quickly he replied to her. Just about a week! It will be interesting to find out if the script was used.

Good eye! I didn't notice how quickly he replied. That was quick.Sadly, her script or story wasn't used. I checked all scripts for MIAMI VICE from Seasons 3 - 5.Glad you liked the letter! :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Cool post C&BA real treasure!I am just wondering because the letter said to complete & sign a realese form that maybe her story line was picked up by other writers?

Cool post C&BA real treasure!I am just wondering because the letter said to complete & sign a realese form that maybe her story line was picked up by other writers?

That was my thought as well. Perhaps they used her "idea" and another writer made a screen treatment from it...

Ok so on the letter you bock out her last name and leave the first name and zonal improvement code so we know the town and on the envelope you show the last name. I think you have been hanging out with Gina.:)Great letter, a true piece of history, BTW she stills lives in town but has moved to a different street.

Well 2morgen, she wasn't credited for anything. Perhaps the release form allowed them ownership of the idea without compensation. I dunno.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Ok so on the letter you bock out her last name and leave the first name and zonal improvement code so we know the town and on the envelope you show the last name. I think you have been hanging out with Gina.:)Great letter' date=' a true piece of history, BTW she stills lives in town but has moved to a different street.[/color']

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildAlright C Glide.....Are you happy now? :)Seriously though, Thanks for the heads up C Glide. :thumbsup:

Very cool coops. :clap:

I wasn't sure I was ever going to get a VICE era Michael Mann autograph. Glad I did! Very glad you liked it aussiefan!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

That was my thought as well. Perhaps they used her "idea" and another writer made a screen treatment from it...

Mvnyc, can they do that without giving credit to the lady? I'd think she would have been given some credit. Perhaps the release form covers that. I just don't know. :confused:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Wow' date=' thanks for sharing this Coop! :thumbsup: Very interesting & intriguing.[/quote']

I sure have a lot of MIAMI VICE autographs. I have all of the cast autographs (some, a couple times), several Jan Hammer autographs, one of the producers, a vice Director, a show script writer, and now....Michael Mann himself!! Thank you for posting a reply DefinitelyCrockett!!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Well Coop you did it again Pal. I don't know where you come up with these gems but thanks for posting and keep them coming.Very interesting indeed!I once drafted an outline for a show that I enjoyed very much and sent it in. Unfortunately they told me that they do not accept any scripts unsolicited under any circumstances. Oh well...I tried. It was a popular Canadian Show and was syndicated for many years and is still on tv presently.At least this lady got a nice letter that was a "keepsake"...I just got a form letter........ :(

Well Coop you did it again Pal. I don't know where you come up with these gems but thanks for posting and keep them coming.Very interesting indeed!I once drafted an outline for a show that I enjoyed very much and sent it in. Unfortunately they told me that they do not accept any scripts unsolicited under any circumstances. Oh well...I tried. It was a popular Canadian Show and was syndicated for many years and is still on tv presently.At least this lady got a nice letter that was a "keepsake"...I just got a form letter........ :(

"Form letters are the worst Stinger. There ought to be a law against it." (As Crockett said) This letter from Michael Mann (courtesy of my MIAMI VICE CAST AND CREW ITEMS thread) is NOT signed by him. However' notice how well preserved this letter is. It's white, and not yellowed like the signed version. COMPARE

2zoom.jpgscan0004-2.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Also notice, the letter from my SCRAPBOOK SECTION has an address on the envelope, but no postal mark. It must have been handed out to the crew, or sent in a larger envelope.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildBut the signed Michael Mann letter has the postal mark in the top right hand corner.Eingefügtes Bild
  • Like 1

Mvnyc' date=' can they do that without giving credit to the lady? I'd think she would have been given some credit. Perhaps the release form covers that. I just don't know. :confused:[/quote'] (I believe) if they use someone's idea, they would need their permission to do it. If they had used her storyline verbatim, then she would be listed as a writer for the episode. So yes, the reason for the release form would be to release her from any monetary obligations by using her idea, but not using her actual script. The only way to really know for sure is to contact her and ask (assuming she's still living and at that address)...

Quite a find:D

Thanks Duuuuuuuuuude!!!! I'm so happy to get a VICE era Michael Mann signature Matt5!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT