MICHAEL MANN AUTOGRAPH ON MIAMI VICE STATIONARY!

COOPER&BURNETT

(I believe) if they use someone's idea' date=' they would need their permission to do it. If they had used her storyline verbatim, then she would be listed as a writer for the episode. So yes, the reason for the release form would be to release her from any monetary obligations by using her idea, but not using her actual script. The only way to really know for sure is to contact her and ask (assuming she's still living and at that address)...[/quote']

Sounds right to me mvnyc. I think C Glide, (unless he's joking) said she moved from that address from what he can tell, but still lives in the same town.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I have noticed on some of the scripts that I have that have allot of revisions that there are sometimes a half dozen different writers given credit on the cover pages of the different versions but in the end only 1 or 2 writers get credit, Usually the last one to work on the script even though they only revised the script.

Sounds right to me mvnyc. I think C Glide' date=' (unless he's joking) said she moved from that address from what he can tell, but still lives in the same town.[/quote'] No joke and kinda scarry. Just for the fun of it I looked her up to see what I would find if anything. In just a few minutes I had her new address, age, party afiliation as a registered voter, home value, net worth,etc. etc. even her zodiak sign. It makes you think what someone with bad intentions could do, so be careful.

I have noticed on some of the scripts that I have that have allot of revisions that there are sometimes a half dozen different writers given credit on the cover pages of the different versions but in the end only 1 or 2 writers get credit' date=' Usually the last one to work on the script even though they only revised the script. [/size']

Interesting. Thanks for that interesting bit of information. I never checked the vintage scripts I own for that. Nice job Pal.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• 3 years later...

The signature on the MIAMI VICE letter is so much more clear, and distinct, unlike his scribbled autographs of today. Those in the Media, like actors, singers, and directors who give lots of autographs, tend to change thier autographs over the years. Experts can tell what time period an autograph came from by looking at autographs of an individual, and comparing them to others they have on record. Sometimes the changes are subtle, other times, quite distinct.

Just look at current "autographs" he does now. It's just a wavy scribble.

mann_zpsvr4zive4.png

mann2_zpsme8oktcb.png

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

The autograph is handwritten, (thankfully) and not put on by a stamp or some other way of applying it. Obviously, that makes it worth more. 

Also, It's a pretty good bet that due to the brief letter, how it was written, and what it said specifically, this would have actually have been written by MICHAEL MANN, and not a secretary written letter.   

M%20MANN%20002_zpswhz6hmjs.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT