Don Johnson Expanding HBO Relationship With Development of Dark Comedy

sredd

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2011/10/don-johnson-expanding-hbo-rela.php"Don Johnson is expanding his relationship with HBO with the development of a dark comedy from "Temple Grandin" writer W. Merritt Johnson, reports Deadline.com.Don Johnson is executive producing with his manager and Merritt Johnson, the piece notes. The dark comedy, with the lead role earmarked for Don Johnson, is about a suicidal game show host, the story adds.Don Johnson has had a recurring role on HBO's "Eastbound & Down," the piece points out."

I am quite positive about this actually. Dark comedy, Don playing a showmaster with a dark edge. Sounds good to me!Though I have to agree with Mr C about choosing roles. I once read that DJ was offered the role of Elliot Ness in the Untouchables and of John McClane in Die Hard. How painful is that! He could have had a movie career like George Clooney had after ER!He remains of course a Vice legend and is still considered a legend for this, just see any TV interview with him. But he could have made it to A-list status in the movie world if he choose more wisely on roles.Either way, seems our hero is making something of a comeback. I am most pleased with the tarantino gig, this could bring him really back where he belongs with his talent.

I am quite positive about this actually. Dark comedy' date=' Don playing a showmaster with a dark edge. Sounds good to me!Though I have to agree with Mr C about choosing roles. I once read that DJ was offered the role of Elliot Ness in the Untouchables and of John McClane in Die Hard. How painful is that! He could have had a movie career like George Clooney had after ER!He remains of course a Vice legend and is still considered a legend for this, just see any TV interview with him. But he could have made it to A-list status in the movie world if he choose more wisely on roles.Either way, seems our hero is making something of a comeback. I am most pleased with the tarantino gig, this could bring him really back where he belongs with his talent.[/quote']Yes apparently he was considered for "Die Hard " in 88 but lost out to Bruce Willis - imagine how Don's career would have been if he would have been in "Die Hard ":D

I am quite positive about this actually. Dark comedy' date=' Don playing a showmaster with a dark edge. Sounds good to me!Though I have to agree with Mr C about choosing roles. I once read that DJ was offered the role of Elliot Ness in the Untouchables and of John McClane in Die Hard. How painful is that! He could have had a movie career like George Clooney had after ER!He remains of course a Vice legend and is still considered a legend for this, just see any TV interview with him. But he could have made it to A-list status in the movie world if he choose more wisely on roles.Either way, seems our hero is making something of a comeback. I am most pleased with the tarantino gig, this could bring him really back where he belongs with his talent.[/quote']Though im a GREAT DJ fan, i have to say, I dont blame Don if he didnt play Eliot Ness or John McClane. To be honest, i think Don should go for different roles, in some way hes doing this now. The only "action" role he should accept to do again is Sonny Crockett. I watched Dead Bang, some episodes of Nash Bridges too, and if i would be him I never would play a cop or be the next action hero holding a pistol like SC again.Do you remember that music videoclip where Don acted as a cameraman? Damn, looked like Sonny Crockett imitating the focus puller.Probably because Sonny Crockett is a very strong role.Hey Menno, buddy! Nice to see you around again :)